Has Khabib injured himself into Goatness?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
There's a myth around here that a healthy Khabib would easily beat anyone, but the man can't not stay injured or make weight, which is sad because he is one of my favorite fighters :(

He couldnt easily beat Tibau. And he saw tweety birds against MJ. And that's his only meaningful win in 42 months, and counting.

He's now up there with a Motivated BJ Penn.

Motivated BJ Penn could solve the middle east crisis....if only he would get motivated.

Sometimes i wonder what would have happened if Tibau had been the winner of that fight with Khabib (like he should have because he clearly won).

This Khabib bum wouldn't be in LW titleshot talks for 4 years, because the only reason to explain that it's his padded undefeated record. One loss and his hype would end.

Tibau absolutely beat him. Significant strikes, total strikes, head strikes, body strikes, takedowns stuffed, takedown etc. Tibau was ahead of Khabib in every area (admittedly not by much) but judges gave all rounds to Khabib because of pressure alone. Imo they overrated pressure in that fight and if we had to give someone that fight, it was Tibau.

Against MJ he was rocked twice and he was Khabib's only meaningful opponent except RDA who was not at his prime.

He's far from GOAT status but I think he's the most dangerous opponent for McGregor in the LW division and that's why sherdoggers overrate healthy Khabib very much. To be fair, Khabib can beat everyone in the LW division but these 3 fights are the most dangerous for him.

1. Khabib vs McGregor: 70% Conor KO/TKO. 20% Khabib UD. 10% Khabib submission
2. Khabib vs Gaethje: 55% Khabib decision 3-2. 45% Gaethje TKO.
3. Khabib vs Ferguson: 60% Khabib decision 3-2. 30% Ferguson submission. 10% Ferguson decision 3-2.

Tibau absolutely beat him. Significant strikes, total strikes, head strikes, body strikes, takedowns stuffed, takedown etc. Tibau was ahead of Khabib in every area (admittedly not by much) but judges gave all rounds to Khabib because of pressure alone. Imo they overrated pressure in that fight and if we had to give someone that fight, it was Tibau.

Against MJ he was rocked twice and he was Khabib's only meaningful opponent except RDA who was not at his prime.

He's far from GOAT status but I think he's the most dangerous opponent for McGregor in the LW division and that's why sherdoggers overrate healthy Khabib very much. To be fair, Khabib can beat everyone in the LW division but these 3 fights are the most dangerous for him.

1. Khabib vs McGregor: 70% Conor KO/TKO. 20% Khabib UD. 10% Khabib submission
2. Khabib vs Gaethje: 55% Khabib decision 3-2. 45% Gaethje TKO.
3. Khabib vs Ferguson: 60% Khabib decision 3-2. 30% Ferguson submission. 10% Ferguson decision 3-2.

70% for conor is ridiculous. pure striker vs pure grappler usually favors the grappler

Ask any true fangoat and you will have memorized his surname spelling.

70% for conor is ridiculous. pure striker vs pure grappler usually favors the grappler

I agree. But Conor's TDD, BJJ and wrestling is far ahead of Khabib's striking capabilities. And Conor's striking capabilities are considerably ahead of Khabib's TD finishes. If I have to explain what I mean:

1. What Conor does best is better than what Khabib does best. Finish ratio and the rounds that finishes take place speak for itself. For both guys.
2. Conor's weak areas are better than Khabib's weak areas. Diaz and Alvarez fights, brown BJJ belt and TDD percentage speaks for itself. MJ rocking Khabib speaks for itself also.

Khabib has injured himself into irrelevance, not goatness!

Retarded threat is retarded. If you think Khabib is done you're in for a rude awakening.

I agree. But Conor's TDD, BJJ and wrestling is far ahead of Khabib's striking capabilities. And Conor's striking capabilities are considerably ahead of Khabib's TD finishes. If I have to explain what I mean:

1. What Conor does best is better than what Khabib does best. Finish ratio and the rounds that finishes take place speak for itself. For both guys.
2. Conor's weak areas are better than Khabib's weak areas. Diaz and Alvarez fights, brown BJJ belt and TDD percentage speaks for itself. MJ rocking Khabib speaks for itself also.
Khabib's grappling is on a completely different level than Conor's striking, sorry to break it to ya. Conor is certainly an excellent striker, but he's far from the best striker in the UFC. Khabib on the other hand is most certainly near the absolute top when it comes to grappling in the UFC and MMA in general.

Khabib's grappling is on a completely different level than Conor's striking, sorry to break it to ya. Conor is certainly an excellent striker, but he's far from the best striker in the UFC. Khabib on the other hand is most certainly near the absolute top when it comes to grappling in the UFC and MMA in general.

Statistics and finish ratio tell me otherwise.

Cain lost so not sure he beats Khab-roken. The guy gets all this praise and yet doesn't fight

pretty much, the only thing keeping that hype job afloat right now is his padded "undefeated" record but just like everyone else once that 1 lose kicks in that'll be the end of that

Back