Has Khabib injured himself into Goatness?

Fighting a one dimentional grappler like Khabib i doubt Barboza will throw anything other than low kicks, the takedown danger will be too much, just because he throw high/mid kicks against other fighters doesn't mean he will try against Khabib lol, that would be a stupid gameplan.

Barboza fight IQ is up there with the best fighters in UFC, he knows that everything he would need it's control the distance with his stupid reach and invest in low and deadly kicks. Khabib can't box and has a big disadvantage in reach, Barboza with his excellent TDD is a terrible match up for Khabib imo.

Fighting a one dimentional grappler like Khabib i doubt Barboza will throw anything other than low kicks, the takedown danger will be too much, just because he throw high/mid kicks against other fighters doesn't mean he will try against Khabib lol, that would be a stupid gameplan.

Barboza fight IQ is up there with the best fighters in UFC, he knows that everything he would need it's control the distance with his stupid reach and invest in low and deadly kicks. Khabib can't box and has a big disadvantage in reach, Barboza with his excellent TDD is a terrible match up for Khabib imo.
Big problem with that is keeping and controling that distance against Khabib is easier said then done. He'll keep coming forward until you back into the cage or get in clinching range. Hell he can drive you to the cage off a TD attempt.

Keeping Khabib away with just low kicks and distance strikes is not a very strong plan. Didn't work for MJ. Khabib just won't throw, stay defensive, and move forward until he gets something.

Agree to disagree and all that.

There's a myth around here that a healthy Khabib would easily beat anyone, but the man can't not stay injured or make weight, which is sad because he is one of my favorite fighters :(

Can't not?

Neither did Khabib, other than 14 failed takedowns. Tibau had the best strikes and his grappling was more effective.
Tibau landed 5 good shots. I counted. Khabib kept him against the cage. Khabib won octagon control and landed just as many strikes. Effective defense does not score, period. You should rewatch it.

Figure of speech, ever heard of? And Khabib pulled out 4 times.

Barboza would beat him, anyone with legit TDD would, his striking is amateurish

Neither did Khabib, other than 14 failed takedowns. Tibau had the best strikes and his grappling was more effective.
Apparently the judges disagreed with you.

And honestly, I'm not sure there is anyone in the LW division who can stop Khabib from taking them down. It's not just takedowns he has. His grappling and control are world class elite. He is extremely strong for the weight class and technically superior than just about anyone he is grappling with. He manhandled RDA on the ground and RDA is a legit BJJ black belt.

Apparently the judges disagreed with you.

And honestly, I'm not sure there is anyone in the LW division who can stop Khabib from taking them down. It's not just takedowns he has. His grappling and control are world class elite. He is extremely strong for the weight class and technically superior than just about anyone he is grappling with. He manhandled RDA on the ground and RDA is a legit BJJ black belt.
Yeah and apparently most MMA fans and the majority of the MMA media agree with me. But ok w/e this discussion won't end, MMA scoring is somewhat subjective enough to we disagree in fights where not much happens like Tibau VS Khabib, i've watched it twice and had the same score at both times. In that matter we will agree in disagree.

RDA is very slow with his transitions, guys like Khabib, Alvarez and Kevin Lee would give him a bad time on the ground, i don't disagree that Khabib is probably the best grappler at LW but i still think Barboza stops him. I don't think the russian diva would accept the fight, though.

So, for example, 0% for Conor by decision, 0% Khabib finishes Gaethje, 0% Khabib finishes Tony, etc. etc.

People with that low IQ should not try to talk about probabilities.

If you think there's a chance for those probabilities you're a bigger fool than I thought.

Conor will have no answer for Khabib's grappling/TD's. He will get smothered and either TKO'd or sub'd.

His ONLY shot in this fight would be a pure KO where Khabib goes limp instantly. Odds of that happening using all of the data from Conor's previous UFC fights; slim to none.

In your dreams maybe.

I agree. But Conor's TDD, BJJ and wrestling is far ahead of Khabib's striking capabilities. And Conor's striking capabilities are considerably ahead of Khabib's TD finishes. If I have to explain what I mean:

1. What Conor does best is better than what Khabib does best. Finish ratio and the rounds that finishes take place speak for itself. For both guys.
2. Conor's weak areas are better than Khabib's weak areas. Diaz and Alvarez fights, brown BJJ belt and TDD percentage speaks for itself. MJ rocking Khabib speaks for itself also.
Khabib is one of the most accomplished grapplers on an international level on paper to ever compete in MMA.

Conor couldnt cut it in boxing on a national level in a not so talent rich country so he tried his hand in MMA. And he is doing well in MMA because he is a good boxer comparing to other MMA fighters because boxing in MMA is dogshit.

Get real.Khabib's grappling is better than Conor's striking.

Khabib is one of the most accomplished grapplers on an international level on paper to ever compete in MMA.

Conor couldnt cut it in boxing on a national level in a not so talent rich country so he tried his hand in MMA. And he is doing well in MMA because he is a good boxer comparing to other MMA fighters because boxing in MMA is dogshit.

Get real.Khabib's grappling is better than Conor's striking.

Kes lan sikmeyim belanı sen ne anlarsın MMA'den amk cahili. Git Tibau maçını izle beyinsiz seni. Gör nasıl grapplermış. Amk adamın sadece %33 KO/TKO oranı var saftirik ya.

Translation: I strongly disagree.

Kes lan sikmeyim belanı sen ne anlarsın MMA'den amk cahili. Git Tibau maçını izle beyinsiz seni. Gör nasıl grapplermış
Millete boş yere küfür edeceğine siktir git önce Tibau'nun takedown defense'ine bak.Adam zaten hafifsiklet için büyük biri.Ayrıca Tibau'nun dopingden yakaladığında unutma.Adam hafif siklet için büyük olup bir de doping kullanırsa yere alınması tabii zor olur.

Amk adamın sadece %33 KO/TKO oranı var saftirik ya.
Ne alaka? Bu Khabib'in UFC'de en iyi grapplerlardan biri olduğunu değiştirmiyor.

Conor MMA'den önce profesyonel boksör olmayı denedi yeteneği yeterli olmayınca boksunu MMA'de denemek istedi.

Git wikiden bak bakayım Khabib'in grappling ve sambo başarılarına.Adam hem pür grapplingte hem de MMA grapplinginde iyi.Sikik sikik millete küfür edeceğine git önce bir araştır ki böyle rezil duruma düşme.

Translation:This dullard has no idea what is he talking about

Last edited:
Khabib not only needs to show up and beat a top guy not named Conor, but what makes people think his career isn't in question after back surgery?

but what makes people think his career isn't in question after back surgery?
Great question, even as a big fan of Khabib - back injures can devastate a guy.

I really want to see him back against a decent contender at this stage - he's not ready for Tony.

I agree. But Conor's TDD, BJJ and wrestling is far ahead of Khabib's striking capabilities. And Conor's striking capabilities are considerably ahead of Khabib's TD finishes. If I have to explain what I mean:

1. What Conor does best is better than what Khabib does best. Finish ratio and the rounds that finishes take place speak for itself. For both guys.
2. Conor's weak areas are better than Khabib's weak areas. Diaz and Alvarez fights, brown BJJ belt and TDD percentage speaks for itself. MJ rocking Khabib speaks for itself also.
I think you are overrating Conor's skill set quite a bit here. Khabib is most certainly the best grappler in MMA, whereas Conor isnt the best striker (he got dropped and finished by Diaz)

He couldnt easily beat Tibau. And he saw tweety birds against MJ. And that's his only meaningful win in 42 months, and counting.
This is not true , it's repeated because people take Rogans word for it.

Fight fans bash the shit out of fighters who pull out due to injury or illness but if you consider the alternative they're doing the right thing. Because if the show up sick or injured and put on a poor performance they're "exposed" and often demoted to the bottom of the UFC barrel.

In a sport where you're only as good as your last win, a loss in MMA can literally cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars in future income.

Fuck fighting sick or hurt...I wouldn't do it either.

Back