Has Khabib injured himself into Goatness?

There's a myth around here that a healthy Khabib would easily beat anyone, but the man can't not stay injured or make weight, which is sad because he is one of my favorite fighters :(
He's now the khaduck for avoiding fights.

"can't not stay injured"
do you mean "can't stay healthy"?

There's a myth around here that a healthy Khabib would easily beat anyone, but the man can't not stay injured or make weight, which is sad because he is one of my favorite fighters :(
He had an interview recently.
It was in Russian but they translated it well.
He had some back injury and he had an operation that he did not tell the UFC about it.
They seemed mad about how he arranged things.

Edit: weird, I can only find short clips of the original video. It was around 20 minutes

The less he fights, the more his legend grows

"can't not stay injured"
do you mean "can't stay healthy"?

That's exactly what he meant, smartass!

Good job on pointing out the obvious which is the fact that you perfectly understood what he said and felt the urge to let everybody know how much of a smartass you are.

I hope you feel better now.

Good job on pointing out the obvious which is the fact that you perfectly understood what he said and felt the urge to let everybody know how much of a smartass you are.

Obviously I was asking why he worded it like that you chode

[<dunn]

He couldnt easily beat Tibau. And he saw tweety birds against MJ. And that's his only meaningful win in 42 months, and counting.
lol, here we go again with the "he was rocked badly" against MJ.

Sometimes i wonder what would have happened if Tibau had been the winner of that fight with Khabib (like he should have because he clearly won).

This Khabib bum wouldn't be in LW titleshot talks for 4 years, because the only reason to explain that it's his padded undefeated record. One loss and his hype would end.
Go watch the fight. There was truly no clear winner. A draw would have been the proper outcome. But all 3 judges saw it 30-27 for Khabib, mainly because he completely pushed the pace and was the aggressor the entire fight. Tibau did nothing but back up and play defense against takedowns and grappling exchanges.

Tibau absolutely beat him. Significant strikes, total strikes, head strikes, body strikes, takedowns stuffed, takedown etc. Tibau was ahead of Khabib in every area (admittedly not by much) but judges gave all rounds to Khabib because of pressure alone. Imo they overrated pressure in that fight and if we had to give someone that fight, it was Tibau.

Against MJ he was rocked twice and he was Khabib's only meaningful opponent except RDA who was not at his prime.

He's far from GOAT status but I think he's the most dangerous opponent for McGregor in the LW division and that's why sherdoggers overrate healthy Khabib very much. To be fair, Khabib can beat everyone in the LW division but these 3 fights are the most dangerous for him.

1. Khabib vs McGregor: 70% Conor KO/TKO. 20% Khabib UD. 10% Khabib submission
2. Khabib vs Gaethje: 55% Khabib decision 3-2. 45% Gaethje TKO.
3. Khabib vs Ferguson: 60% Khabib decision 3-2. 30% Ferguson submission. 10% Ferguson decision 3-2.

holy shit this is what mma neophytes actually believe

go watch that fight again, buddy. tibau maybe threw like 5 strikes all fight and landed 2. not much happened, sure; tibau's defense was oustanding, but simply defending an entire fight doesn't win you the fight, since you're not actually fighting back--you're just defending against the aggressor

aggressor

aggressor

khabib was the aggressor. even though tibau defended everything, khabib still attacked.

sorry bro khabib still undefeated nothing u can do about it. judges got it right. i'm glad you're not a judge and even if you were your tenure wouldn't last long with bs decisions like that

There is no if he would lost to Tibau, he did not and sure he was not good at that fight,so was Tibau.
Tony and Gaetje are the most difficult fights for him.I think one of them will change his record.
Conor at the other side is a no risk fight for Khabib.he would be Khabibs easiest fight

I'm still trying to get my head around "can't not stay injured".

Khabib is amazing at what he does and easily one of the top 3 LW’s but anybody can lose. He very well could’ve lost to Ferguson for all we know. If he didn’t get injured so much, his record would be even better. Unfortunately he really only has two notable wins because of it. Gonna need more than that.

giphy.gif

Statistics and finish ratio tell me otherwise.
Actually watching them fight tell me otherwise. Conor got outboxed badly by Nate Diaz. Khabib puts on absolute grappling clinics on BJJ black belts.

I agree. But Conor's TDD, BJJ and wrestling is far ahead of Khabib's striking capabilities. And Conor's striking capabilities are considerably ahead of Khabib's TD finishes. If I have to explain what I mean:

1. What Conor does best is better than what Khabib does best. Finish ratio and the rounds that finishes take place speak for itself. For both guys.
2. Conor's weak areas are better than Khabib's weak areas. Diaz and Alvarez fights, brown BJJ belt and TDD percentage speaks for itself. MJ rocking Khabib speaks for itself also.

Mendes and Diaz got Conor down. Khabib will too.

With Conor's questionable conditioning and stamina one takedown might render him damaged goods for the rest of the fight.

I favor Khabib heavily if he fights mac.

Khabib's grappling is on a completely different level than Conor's striking, sorry to break it to ya. Conor is certainly an excellent striker, but he's far from the best striker in the UFC. Khabib on the other hand is most certainly near the absolute top when it comes to grappling in the UFC and MMA in general.
Maybe not the most "skilled" that goes to Saki now, but he is the most effective imo. He could put anyone in 145 or 155 to sleep. Except Nate who replaced his brain with pure thc and ebonic vernacular.

Back