International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that the IDF is telling the truth (and the UN itself has admitted so in the past), can somebody explain to me why UN facilities are being used as rocket
Ashkenazi Jews that have a history in Europe dating back into ancient times are not indigenous to Palestine. The majority of the Jews that immigrated to Palestine in great numbers in the early 20th century were Ashkenazi.

Semitic people - which includes the Arabs and also some groups of Jews were there much longer. And have been there into modern times.

Anti-Semitic bullshit. Ashkenazi Jews are every bit related to that land as Mizrahi.

Anyway, the point is now moot as nearly 50% of the Jews in Israel are Mizrahi or Ethiopian.

any mods want to explain the pro israel ads o the forum? Never seen a war being advertised like this

So let me continue this premise.. at what point does Israel, as a country become native? When is all Palestinian claim relinquished?

In general terms, I would say several generations of people living there, then they've become locals. Obviously that's a matter of opinion.

For Israel, well it's their country now. Legally under international law.

If you're implying do I question the right of Israel to exist. No I do not. They have every right to exist.

What I do not agree with at all is Israel continually stealing land in the West Bank.

A lot of the right wing Israeli settlers are using their bullshit 2,000 year old claim as justification for doing that.

Anti-Semitic bullshit. Ashkenazi Jews are every bit related to that land as Mizrahi.

Typical bullshit argument. You don't agree with me so you're anti-Semitic!

Zionist crybabies have been falsely accusing this Montreal university student of using the K slur all week long and trying to ruin her life over it.

The fact that they're still clinging to it after clearer audio showed that she didn't actually say it shows how few anti-Jewish "hate crimes" are going on in the West.

Zionist crybabies have been falsely accusing this Montreal university student of using the K slur all week long and trying to ruin her life over it.

The fact that they're still clinging to it after clearer audio showed that she didn't actually say it shows how few anti-Jewish "hate crimes" are going on in the West.

These kinds of videos on both sides are toxic and polarizing.

Often completely mislabeled and designed to get people mad. This shit is clickbait. Never any context, only labeled with a salacious tagline or header. Often just outright lies about what's happening. Selectively edited. Or sometimes from completely different incidents that may have happened years ago.

Don't trust or base beliefs on videos like this. It's toxic garbage a lot of times. Have to look at short form videos like this with a very critical eye.

Last edited:
That's a nice goal-post move there. The question was "do you care about over 100 maimed children" not "do you get emotional" about it.

When you have to ask people if they care about injured or dead children, you've seriously lost the plot buddy.

Let me flip the question back on you, do you care about over 100 children maimed by guns and bombs supplied by your country? If not, why? What the fuck happened to you to make you so ruthless and dead inside as to not care about innocent children being slaughtered?

I do care. Yes, it does affect me. My country being a bloodthirsty war-state, destabilizing the globe and propping up genocide, does affect me. It affects the stability of my country. It affects the stability of the planet I inhabit. Children being slaughtered without reason or recourse makes for a worse-off world for myself and my future children to inhabit. A world where life is highly-valued and protected, where all children are safe in their beds, is a better world for me. How fucking ruthless and morally depraved can you get?
In an abstract way, maybe, but I dont feel anything over it. Bad shit has been happening all over the world on a massive scale since forever - involving the US-west coalition no less. But now I am supposed to get worked up? Gaza is nothing compared to Iraq, Yemen, etc.

The reality is most people dont truly care. They might spout off on the internet, but it's not as if they will self sacrifice to advance a cause or take time out of their day to do anything meaningful that will actually effect change. They just want to feel righteous without giving anything of themselves, American liberalism.

Last edited:
No, it's pretty clear I've been attempting to demonstrate both sides had similar levels of claim. Historical, de facto, and meritorious.
But they didnt, they werent indigenous and came from Europe to colonize. Their only weak claim was that the British promised them a homeland, but that didnt mean they could come and kick the actual indigenous population out of their homes.

lol you're going to have to take that up with UNRWA!

Is it not true? how much alike are Arab-Israelis and Palestinians? that's only a few generations removed.

Motivating and i spirirational to see that after some 1000 thread pages, the discussion about who started this and who is entitled to what hasn’t progressed an inch.

Really gets your hopes up for the solving of this conflict.

10% of a population group is not a drop in the bucket, especially when you're compounding it over decades and combining it with new waves of migration, and the total size of the population is small to begin with.

It is definitively a drop in the bucket, that's almost like the North African admixture of Spanish people and nobody would argue that Spain isn't an European country.

In general terms, I would say several generations of people living there, then they've become locals. Obviously that's a matter of opinion.

For Israel, well it's their country now. Legally under international law.

If you're implying do I question the right of Israel to exist. No I do not. They have every right to exist.

What I do not agree with at all is Israel continually stealing land in the West Bank.

A lot of the right wing Israeli settlers are using their bullshit 2,000 year old claim as justification for doing that.

In terms of your conclusions I don’t actually disagree with you. I think most of these conversations around ‘48 are irrelevant and aren’t helpful. I personally believe that Palestinians are a “made up people” but it’s irrelevant because they exist today as a people with a national consciousness and have real desires for independence- reasonable and justified, just as the Jews were granted independence, regardless of the perceived strength of their historical claim.

but I think this definition of yours of indigineity is problematic as it suffers from a “recency” bias. If anything this justifies settler expansion and justification for their acts, because in a few more generations they will be the “natives”.
You see the issue with this?

Last edited:
It is definitively a drop in the bucket, that's almost like the North African admixture of Spanish people and nobody would argue that Spain isn't an European country.

I mean Palestine isn't a country because they refused the international mandate and tried to go the conquest route instead, expect they failed.

But they didnt, they werent indigenous and came from Europe to colonize. Their only weak claim was that the British promised them a homeland, but that didnt mean they could come and kick the actual indigenous population out of their homes.

They didn't kick anyone off their land until after war was declared on them by the entire Arab world.

What happened to all the indigenousness Jewish communities in those Arab countries after the war?

There is admixture of all neighboring countries amongst Palestinians. Phenotypically they vary from blonde with blue eyes to Arabian appearance. It just supports the concept that the Palestinian people are a modern national construct and not a distinct historical ethnicity.

What are you guys finding to be the truest news sources? Im getting fake news vibes now big time depending on which side youre rooting for

So, according to him, Israel has changed their info and only one baby has died and there have been no rapes? Israel is saying this?

its been a while, but I thought Israel wasnt actually saying there were beheaded babies. Thats one of the biggest reasons people were saying it was propaganda, because Israel hadnt confirmed it.

Is it not true? how much alike are Arab-Israelis and Palestinians? that's only a few generations removed.
I think it depends on how you look at modern terms and law vs. ancient times. UNWRA for example defines all descendants of displaced ‘48 Palestinians as Palestinian refugees. The same law applied to Ashkenazim mean they are always displaced and implicitly native to another land.

I don’t think Jews have historically ever been regarded as natives in whatever their adoptive countries have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back