GSP goat? Lol! Remember vaseline cheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically there are 3 people up for the title of GOAT, Anderson, Jones and GSP. Unless Vaseline is on the USADA banned substance list I'm going for GSP as GOAT.

*Awaits the Fedor nuthuggers*

anderson simply can not be on that list anymore (i never had him there, but i understood where ppl were coming from with it)

replace him with mm, easily.

GSP barely skimmed past Penn in the first fight so for him to cheat in the second one (his corner cheated, not him, whatever) was pretty bad.
So you admit it was not GSP who did anything .. but you will continue to disparage him over it, even though everyone agrees he literally had nothing to do with it.

Oh look I already did the TLDR garbage post for ya lazy c*unts but I expect quite a few more anyway because it's just SO funny!!!

WelllitFrayedFoxterrier.gif

Anyway --

I think it's time for everybody to accept that basically every single fighter has cheated in some way, especially those who've been at the top for a long time and even more so for the ones we consider the GOAT's. Anderson and Jones have definitely taken PED's and there's been tons of accusations thrown at GSP for many years about steroids, HGH, etc, and 'grease-gate' like what this thread is about. All the greats have likely done something, including Fedor back in Pride as well as the other earlier promotions he fought in, and maybe even in Strikeforce.

It's not just the greats, though, the vast majority of fighters have most likely used some sort of PED at least once and possibly still are today. To hate some fighters for it is completely understandable, but we also need to realize that this is happening in basically every single sport out there. I believe American Football is quite possibly the dirtiest sport in the world, far worse than MMA and any other combat sport, honestly. I could be wrong, but that's just what I believe. If USADA was cracking down on Football like they are with the UFC, I guarantee that tons of big stars would be popped and many of you guys (those that watch Football) would look at the athletes very similarly to how they look at the fighters in the UFC that have been caught.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Georges has taken something throughout his career at all, but for some reason I just can't look at him like he's a cheater. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to do it based on his personality and such, but his body may tell a different story. It's best not to judge a book by it's cover and in this case it's best not to judge a fighter by the way their body looks no matter how suspicious it may seem. That may not come off as well as I'd like it to, but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at when I say that. Georges must had known that Phil Nurse was rubbing vaseline on him during the fight, though, but.. what if he somehow didn't?

I know it's crazy to think that way, but hey, there was just a nice little conspiracy thread about Conor doing what he did at Bellator to 'duck' Tony and every other top guy, so literally anything can be said here and be believed, right? I mean, why not? anything goes at this point on here if people believe that trash about Conor, but most just twist the situation(s) surrounding him all the time in order to hate on him in some way. It's amazing how good people are at twisting the facts about everything here. MMA fans.. the worst of the worst.

As I was saying - In the GSP/Penn 2 fight, we saw the ring/cage officials (the guys assigned by the commission I believe) wipe Georges off with towels going into one or two rounds of the fight, so although he did get vaseline rubbed on him, the in-ring/cage officials or whatever you want to call them did wipe him down going into a few rounds from what I remember. Unfortunately, vaseline can't always just be wiped off that easily especially when mixed with sweat and Georges sweats A LOT. It all comes down to whether you believe Georges himself chose to have one of his cornermen put vaseline on him or that he (Phil Nurse) did it without Georges' knowledge (highly unlikely, Georges must had known..).

It doesn't matter, though. It really doesn't matter anymore because again, basically every single top guy has done something cheap, especially the all-time greats. It's just the way it is and unfortunately for those that don't want to accept it and would like to DQ Georges from the GOAT discussion because of this, he's easily still one of the GOAT's whether people like it or not. He never failed a test. He's been accused like almost everybody but he never failed a test and that's all there is to it. I see this same shit applied to others that many believe are on something, so the same will be applied with Georges.

He's actually one of the few (wasn't he the first?) that said he wanted USADA, right? I believe before the Hendricks fight he said he wanted USADA testing but Johny didn't because he wanted testing from some other place (was it WADA? I forget now, but USADA > everything). Then Georges left and a few years later the testing came in like he wanted and boom, just like that, everything changed for quite a few top guys with Hendricks being one of the most effected. Hmm.. I wonder why Johny didn't want USADA testing.. very strange, huh?

Until/if Georges is caught, he's the GOAT right now. That's just how it is, b'ys!

3CF8E91A-2BA6-4C39-91B7-C4A545FE3CEE.jpeg
Forgey then!!
Forgey then Jesus!!!

They never knew the true GOATNESS of a real GOAT!

Cheated by a false idol! AF4AB21F-FF22-4417-86A7-3712F69FA924.jpeg
HE!!!
WHO DOESNT DEFEND!!
HE!!
WHO SLAP JUDGES!!
HE!!!
WHO SPARS WITH BRITTLE OLD MAN FOR MONEY!!

They dont know!!
The dont know NOTHING!!!

It is illegal for a cutman to put vaseline anywhere but the face. It is not illegal for the fighter to take vaseline off their face and rub it on their body.

The fanciful cheating concoction is destroyed by the simple fact it would have been 100% legal for GSP to take vaseline off his face to rub it on his shoulders, chest, and back. There is literally no reason to hide it.
That is illegal, as well. What are you, on drugs, pal?

Oh look I already did the TLDR garbage post for ya lazy c*unts but I expect quite a few more anyway because it's just SO funny!!!

WelllitFrayedFoxterrier.gif

Anyway --

I think it's time for everybody to accept that basically every single fighter has cheated in some way, especially those who've been at the top for a long time and even more so for the ones we consider the GOAT's. Anderson and Jones have definitely taken PED's and there's been tons of accusations thrown at GSP for many years about steroids, HGH, etc, and 'grease-gate' like what this thread is about. All the greats have likely done something, including Fedor back in Pride as well as the other earlier promotions he fought in, and maybe even in Strikeforce.

It's not just the greats, though, the vast majority of fighters have most likely used some sort of PED at least once and possibly still are today. To hate some fighters for it is completely understandable, but we also need to realize that this is happening in basically every single sport out there. I believe American Football is quite possibly the dirtiest sport in the world, far worse than MMA and any other combat sport, honestly. I could be wrong, but that's just what I believe. If USADA was cracking down on Football like they are with the UFC, I guarantee that tons of big stars would be popped and many of you guys (those that watch Football) would look at the athletes very similarly to how they look at the fighters in the UFC that have been caught.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Georges has taken something throughout his career at all, but for some reason I just can't look at him like he's a cheater. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to do it based on his personality and such, but his body may tell a different story. It's best not to judge a book by it's cover and in this case it's best not to judge a fighter by the way their body looks no matter how suspicious it may seem. That may not come off as well as I'd like it to, but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at when I say that. Georges must had known that Phil Nurse was rubbing vaseline on him during the fight, though, but.. what if he somehow didn't?

I know it's crazy to think that way, but hey, there was just a nice little conspiracy thread about Conor doing what he did at Bellator to 'duck' Tony and every other top guy, so literally anything can be said here and be believed, right? I mean, why not? anything goes at this point on here if people believe that trash about Conor, but most just twist the situation(s) surrounding him all the time in order to hate on him in some way. It's amazing how good people are at twisting the facts about everything here. MMA fans.. the worst of the worst.

As I was saying - In the GSP/Penn 2 fight, we saw the ring/cage officials (the guys assigned by the commission I believe) wipe Georges off with towels going into one or two rounds of the fight, so although he did get vaseline rubbed on him, the in-ring/cage officials or whatever you want to call them did wipe him down going into a few rounds from what I remember. Unfortunately, vaseline can't always just be wiped off that easily especially when mixed with sweat and Georges sweats A LOT. It all comes down to whether you believe Georges himself chose to have one of his cornermen put vaseline on him or that he (Phil Nurse) did it without Georges' knowledge (highly unlikely, Georges must had known..).

It doesn't matter, though. It really doesn't matter anymore because again, basically every single top guy has done something cheap, especially the all-time greats. It's just the way it is and unfortunately for those that don't want to accept it and would like to DQ Georges from the GOAT discussion because of this, he's easily still one of the GOAT's whether people like it or not. He never failed a test. He's been accused like almost everybody but he never failed a test and that's all there is to it. I see this same shit applied to others that many believe are on something, so the same will be applied with Georges.

He's actually one of the few (wasn't he the first?) that said he wanted USADA, right? I believe before the Hendricks fight he said he wanted USADA testing but Johny didn't because he wanted testing from some other place (was it WADA? I forget now, but USADA > everything). Then Georges left and a few years later the testing came in like he wanted and boom, just like that, everything changed for quite a few top guys with Hendricks being one of the most effected. Hmm.. I wonder why Johny didn't want USADA testing.. very strange, huh?

Until/if Georges is caught, he's the GOAT right now. That's just how it is, b'ys!
I like the post but don't agree with the GOAT stamp at the end. Good job breaking it down and my whole point is that, whether he knew it or not, he cheated. Penn was cheated and we didn't get to see two of the GOATs battle on a level playing field. You had both guys, in their primes, and GSP, Jackson or Nurse fuckked it up! If you are a GSP fan, it was great.... if you were a Penn fan, it was horrible... if you are a True Fight Fan... you were ROBBED.

Lame thread made by a Conor fanboy who's only threatened by the real GOAT returning to action... is normal. Expect hundreds more shit threads just like this one in the days and weeks to come.

Apologies for the long post, Mr. Griffin, ya bastard!

I agree (that it's a lame thread) and agree GSP is the GOAT but, why does TS have to be called out for being a Conor fan?

He never said anything about Conor in the OP. He never said Conor's the GOAT. Maybe he does believe Conor is the best ever (he obviously isn't, but he's damn good that's for sure), but I don't see why TS has to be shit on for being a Conor fan. I don't see why anybody has to be shit on for such a thing. I don't get why it's such a big deal for somebody to support a certain fighter. Conor has a lot of very dumb fans, but not all of them are bad (although I don't know what TS is like, he may be one of the bad ones, I don't know).

The whole "you're a ball rider!" nonsense on this forum and basically the entire fan base of this sport is ridiculous. It's like it's a bad thing to be a fan of somebody and it really makes no sense. TS could very well be one of the bad Conor fans, but come on - he never said anything about Conor and brought up a valid point.. GSP did grease and that's considered cheating. A large majority of threads here these days are about PED's, cheaters, who's going to be caught next, accusations towards this guy, that guy, etc.

Silva and Jones have been disqualified from the GOAT discussion on here by many people because of their failed tests, so what TS is saying here isn't exactly wrong. Georges wasn't busted for PED's, but he was still caught having vaseline rubbed on him to have the advantage in the grappling dept. If we go by the recent mindset around here when it comes to disqualifying those who were once (technically still are) considered greats, in a way it can also be applied to Georges based on the 'grease-gate'.

As I said, I consider Georges the GOAT, but I understand TS' point here and don't think he should be hated just because he's a big fan of Conor. We shouldn't just ignore what TS is saying just because he's a fan of a certain fighter. It seems this kind of thing only applies to Conor fans, though. Again, Conor has some real bad fans and TS may be one of them, but his haters are far worse than his crazy hardcore fans, especially on here. I shouldn't have to explain why because there's proof of it everywhere on the site. Like the Conor/Floyd sub-forum is fucking cancerous.

I'm not actually defending TS (oh I know some won't believe that), just that the fact he's a Conor fan is completely irrelevant especially because of the subject of this thread. Why people can't just discuss things intelligently and avoid starting a shit show over nonsensical things like simply being a fan of Conor is pretty ridiculous, don't you think? It shouldn't be an issue.. yet for some reason it is. Everybody's a nuthugger of somebody, though, aren't they? It's very, very annoying to be hated for supporting a certain fighter.

It's not a big deal. Like.. so what? Who's your favourite fighter? ya fuckin' ball rider! You like this one specific fighter a lot? pfft you nuthugging loser! It's as if you're not actually allowed to be a fan of somebody no matter who they are. It's a bad thing here for some strange, fucked up reason.

/rant

View attachment 300259
Forgey then!!
Forgey then Jesus!!!

They never knew the true GOATNESS of a real GOAT!

Cheated by a false idol! View attachment 300261
HE!!!
WHO DOESNT DEFEND!!
HE!!
WHO SLAP JUDGES!!
HE!!!
WHO SPARS WITH BRITTLE OLD MAN FOR MONEY!!

They dont know!!
The dont know NOTHING!!!
Let me tell you something you might already know, kid... the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows but if you win the championship by beating Mike Tyson in "Mike Tyson's Super Punch Out", the game ends. There ain't no defending... you don't defend... roll the credits, jam the cool nintendo music and move on. Let it go, kid.... just let it go.

Let me tell you something you might already know, kid... the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows but if you win the championship by beating Mike Tyson in "Mike Tyson's Super Punch Out", the game ends. There ain't no defending... you don't defend... roll the credits, jam the cool nintendo music and move on. Let it go, kid.... just let it go.
Lol

Jesus Forgey you too.

So you admit it was not GSP who did anything .. but you will continue to disparage him over it, even though everyone agrees he literally had nothing to do with it.
I "admit" he may have not known, however, that is a difficult one to believe because he wouldn't have charged recklessly into Penn's guard if he didn't think he was "protected". Either way, if he knew or didn't know... PENN WAS CHEATED. Don't know why you can't, at least, admit that.

I like the post but don't agree with the GOAT stamp at the end. Good job breaking it down and my whole point is that, whether he knew it or not, he cheated. Penn was cheated and we didn't get to see two of the GOATs battle on a level playing field. You had both guys, in their primes, and GSP, Jackson or Nurse fuckked it up! If you are a GSP fan, it was great.... if you were a Penn fan, it was horrible... if you are a True Fight Fan... you were ROBBED.

Prepare for story time!

It definitely sucks.

A fight of this level doesn't get to happen that often. Georges is one of, if not the best ever now and BJ, like Georges, is one of, if not the best LW ever because of how amazing he really was in his prime. Unfortunately most people prefer to look at the numbers of his record now and say he was never that good (must be newer fans, but I'm sure you get it because of your name!), but shit, fighting the best guys since the very beginning of your fight career all the way until the end.. odds are you're going to end up with a 'meh' record in terms of the numbers (wins/losses).

BJ didn't get to ease his way into becoming a pro like most that compete as an amateur and such - he was immediately thrown to the wolves as a professional and blew everybody away with his ability. I really, really miss watching BJ during his golden days. Like, '07-'08, BJ was absolutely fucking incredible. He was truly special. He was just that damn good. You're 100% right that we were pretty much robbed of one of the biggest, most intriguing, most amazing match-ups in combat sports history with Georges being greased to have an edge in the grappling (and possibly striking as well, believe it or not).

I do believe Georges would've dominated either way because he was just so sharp that night with everything from a technical standpoint. He looked to be twice the fighter he was since their first meeting whereas, BJ, unfortunately, looked like he didn't really change much of anything at all going into the rematch. The fight would've been more competitive had Georges not been lubed up like a slippery f'n slug, though, obviously but, I still believe he would've ended up beating BJ up eventually. BJ would've slowed down still and would've been beat up, but whether he would've been finished or not we don't know.

I really wish we could just see BJ get one more spectacular win and retire but, sadly, it may never happen because he's fallen off so much. Very upsetting to see someone of his caliber at one time fall off like this. He was fucking incredible in his prime and has had one of the worst falls from grace ever. Him and Liddell.. man, fuck.. two amazing fighters in their primes that had it BAD when they passed their primes like we rarely see. Fedor looks like he's going the same route now too, unfortunately. Like.. he got KTFO in seconds by Matt Mitrione for fuck's sake.. what the FUCK is that? It's sad.

Prime Fedor would've killed that motherfucker easily (I like Meathead though so motherfucker is not meant to be hate towards him lol). And it's also really f'n annoying how a bunch of "fans" say they (Liddell, Penn, Fedor, etc) were never that good because of how they were at the end of their careers. It's irritating as fuck. These "fans" don't know shit about fighting and their unintelligent, nonsensical shit posts about these legends actually "trigger" me. Sorry I'm getting very off-course here with random shit now so I'll cut it here. Too much of da weeds today, b'y!

/rant as usual

I believe one should never quote Dana White unless it is to make fun of him. Even then, he states he didn't think it affected the outcome of the fight and quite frankly, neither did anyone except Penn. And we're not talking about the fact that GSP beat him fair and square before as well in a tough, tough fight.
uhhh hemmm.. its pronounced fairly squarly.

thank you very much, sir

Remember when Penn called GSP a front runner and a quitter?

Has there been a greater display of projection in the UFC?

BJ's entire primetime rant of GSP, more accurately describes himself than GSP, or any other fighter. Deep down he knew he was his greatest opponent, and he was losing that fight.

Last edited:
against BJ.

Funny I watched that fight and the only person that thought GSP greased with BJ Penn... Big John was the ref for that fight and he didn't raise an issue.

Penn was just pissy because he got his ass kicked.

If he didn't think it affected the fight, why is he screaming about how illegal it is and asking that someone's license be pulled? Hell, if it has no effect, the crap wouldn't be illegal. As for quoting Dana, this is to show that both sides of the fence AGREE that greasing is bad. Saving face for the UFC, however, is why he would say it had no effect. However, they could have really built that up into a HUGE rematch and played on the "greasegate" narrative.

But come on, nobody wanted to see that rematch because it was a horrible beat down, grease or not...

Remember when Anderson greased himself before his fight with sonnen? He rubbed from his face to shoulders.

I "admit" he may have not known, however, that is a difficult one to believe because he wouldn't have charged recklessly into Penn's guard if he didn't think he was "protected". Either way, if he knew or didn't know... PENN WAS CHEATED. Don't know why you can't, at least, admit that.

Penn's guard did shit in both fights with or without vaseline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back