GSP goat? Lol! Remember vaseline cheat? | Page 11

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Notoriouslefthand, Nov 11, 2017.

1. PeterGriffin Brown Belt

PeterGriffin
    Lame thread made by a Conor fanboy who's only threatened by the real GOAT returning to action... is normal. Expect hundreds more shit threads just like this one in the days and weeks to come.

Oooxente and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  2. Willek Yellow Card

Willek
    Fun Fact: Neither GSP or Conor are close to being the GOAT.

3. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    Are you so obsessed with McGregor that you associate everything you see and hear with him?

4. BoxingMMA Yellow Card

BoxingMMA
    Except it’s as official as the fact that it happened, also the fact that GSP didn’t know... so you are just believing what you want to believe.

Also. GSP also beat him the first time

5. AnotherOldGuy Purple Belt

AnotherOldGuy
    True enough. In fact no one is. The GOAT is like a unicorn, a figment of people's imagination. People get stoned and think they see the GOAT, but when they point at what they think is the GOAT, though some people think they see it too, most people think they're delusional.

TrueFightFan likes this.
  6. WARinsertname Purple Belt

WARinsertname
    Merely pointing out the hypocrisy of Silva fans who always bring up that 1 incident which was Phil Nurse and not Georges doing the deed...Yet fail to mention the 4 times Silva took globs of it off his face and applied it to limbs and body so grapplers would not be able to take hold of him.

<CerseiPlotting>

7. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    "Believing what you want to believe"? Let's break that down... I don't "believe" he cheated, HE DID CHEAT. The court determined that he CHEATED. The sticking point is this: Did he "knowingly" cheat? No one can prove that so it was decided that he ACCIDENTALLY CHEATED. Look, cheating is cheating and fair is fair but all of this could be washed under the bridge with a rematch, which he refused.

There is no "believing" he cheated, there is just the fact that he cheated.

8. tarumady Blue Belt

tarumady
    Serra? That was what you were talking about by adversity right? He fucked Serra hard

9. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    Wait a minute.... Let GSP pull a Bisping and give Penn the first crack at the middleweight title. Ha, I don't think Penn could pull it off but a lot of people did not think GSP would, either. It could be a history making fight. Penn going for a title in a third class and GSP's chance to finally exorcise the demons of "Greasegate." Would we finally see a "motivated" Penn?

10. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    For everyone wondering about whether or not the greasing had any effect on the fight: http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/NSAC-Comments-on-Vaseline-Controversy-16028

UFC president Dana White also thought it was a serious violation:

"I saw the commission jump up there and flip out," said White. "They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think. I personally didn't see it, the commission did. And that's about as illegal as you can get... I'm sure the commission is going to deal (with it)."

White didn't believe that it affected the outcome of the fight but he re-stated that illegal is illegal:

"You could have put Vaseline on from head to toe, that wasn't the point, the point was you don't do it. It's illegal. The guy who did it needs to be punished, it's not (St. Pierre's) fault. The question is what happens to a guy that does that. You've got to put the smack down on him. He should lose his license."

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  11. fightfan84 Black Belt

fightfan84
    They both suck for doing it to be honest but I'm still a fan of each guy is that wrong? Lol. But I do agree Silva tends to take less heat or it atleast doesn't get mentioned nearly as much as gspgate. Only time I see Silva get mentioned about it is in gsp grease the.

12. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo

ThunderStruck
    Fun fact : You're an idiot.

SuperNerd and Oooxente like this.
  13. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo

ThunderStruck
    No the rule didnt determine that he cheated. All they did is clarify the rule so mistakes like these didn't happen. According to the rule at the time, he didn't cheat.

14. BoxingMMA Yellow Card

BoxingMMA
    I believe one should never quote Dana White unless it is to make fun of him. Even then, he states he didn't think it affected the outcome of the fight and quite frankly, neither did anyone except Penn. And we're not talking about the fact that GSP beat him fair and square before as well in a tough, tough fight.

15. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    I don't think Silva gets mentioned as much because his transgression was against the most outspoken steroid cheat in UFC history. GSP's bout was against a much smaller fighter but it was for a piece of history. GSP barely skimmed past Penn in the first fight so for him to cheat in the second one (his corner cheated, not him, whatever) was pretty bad.

16. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    I don't know what to do with guys like you. You are really out there. I even provided source links for you. Do your own research, the next time so that you can jam your head in the sand on your own time. I like how you called them "mistakes".

17. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    If he didn't think it affected the fight, why is he screaming about how illegal it is and asking that someone's license be pulled? Hell, if it has no effect, the crap wouldn't be illegal. As for quoting Dana, this is to show that both sides of the fence AGREE that greasing is bad. Saving face for the UFC, however, is why he would say it had no effect. However, they could have really built that up into a HUGE rematch and played on the "greasegate" narrative.

18. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

AnGrYcRoW
    Fun fact : that's opinion held by no one who knows what they are talking about

Oooxente likes this.
  19. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

UJustGotChaeld
    I remember GSP doing nothing, and his takedown control heavy gameplan making vaseline super stupid. I also remember BJ fans clinging to any stupid thing they could. I also remember it would be perfectly legal had GSP taken vaseline off his face and rubbed it on his body.

20. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

UJustGotChaeld
    It is illegal for a cutman to put vaseline anywhere but the face. It is not illegal for the fighter to take vaseline off their face and rub it on their body.

The fanciful cheating concoction is destroyed by the simple fact it would have been 100% legal for GSP to take vaseline off his face to rub it on his shoulders, chest, and back. There is literally no reason to hide it.