Gone Zero Carb.

I really would be interested in his blood profile to see what happened with it going on just meat. It would have been nice to see it before hand also. Just to see if it improved got worse or stayed the same.

That would have been highly interesting. And probably surprising.

Also, although near impossible, it would be interesting to see his micronutrient profile. I don't doubt for one second (this is a shift from my thinking back when Solkanar posted) a healthy zero carb diet is possible, but it absolutely, 100%, completely hinges on the fact of eating organic, free range, grass fed meats.

Couple of questions for the TS. Not trying to be a dick, just curious.

1.What was the average life expectancy of the peoples diet you are following?

2.What do the current cultures with the longest living people have in common?

3.You used the Inuit many times as an example, how did their life expectancy compare to those of other cultures? What proteins do you think they ate? Are all proteins the same?

4. Did you ever think that "ancient" peoples ate seasonally in conjunction with what their location/locations offered?

5. What is your goal, in reference to this diet?

I really would be interested in his blood profile to see what happened with it going on just meat. It would have been nice to see it before hand also. Just to see if it improved got worse or stayed the same.

There's a link to "The Curious Farmer" blog somewhere in the previous pages where he shows his bloodwork. Google it.

There's a link to "The Curious Farmer" blog somewhere in the previous pages where he shows his bloodwork. Google it.

i wouldnt use that guy as an example honestly.

if you look at his diet, it was pretty shite. He was not doing 0 carb at all, had frequent cheats, ate tons of processed foods too, etc.

I don't think his bloodwork was all that great either. kudos to him for being honest, but he wasn't exactly strict.

If you want strict, look at solkanar - ALL he ate was steak and eggs lol.

1.What was the average life expectancy of the peoples diet you are following?

This question is disingenuous. Yeah prehistoric human died young, but of trauma, accidents, untreated wound infections, curable diseases and so on. Not heart problems or cancer.

i wouldnt use that guy as an example honestly.

if you look at his diet, it was pretty shite. He was not doing 0 carb at all, had frequent cheats, ate tons of processed foods too, etc.

I don't think his bloodwork was all that great either. kudos to him for being honest, but he wasn't exactly strict.

If you want strict, look at solkanar - ALL he ate was steak and eggs lol.

Here's the guy's diet log.

Diet Journal Curiousfarmer

I thought he ate pretty natural since most of the stuff was from his farm. In any case, he had some crazy lipid numbers but the ratios were all good.

Here's the guy's diet log.

Diet Journal Curiousfarmer

I thought he ate pretty natural since most of the stuff was from his farm. In any case, he had some crazy lipid numbers but the ratios were all good.

hmm, I apologize. He was actually much more strict than I remembered for some reason.

This question is disingenuous. Yeah prehistoric human died young, but of trauma, accidents, untreated wound infections, curable diseases and so on. Not heart problems or cancer.
I did not know this, can you please direct me to studies that prove this to be true?

In my oppinion diets like these shouldn't be followed by just anyone, my brother does this for years now.. I think about 5 years. He has some sort of unknown heart problem, and they say It might have to do with the things he's eating.

He eats healthy, but after a while It CANNOT be healthy anymore. May I ask why you're on this diet ? I mean, specifically why. Unless you're like training to reach a certain weight or muscle mass or body fat percentage I wouldn't do It 'just because it's said to be healthy' .. I'd only do It for athletic purposes.

In my oppinion diets like these shouldn't be followed by just anyone, my brother does this for years now.. I think about 5 years. He has some sort of unknown heart problem, and they say It might have to do with the things he's eating.

He eats healthy, but after a while It CANNOT be healthy anymore. May I ask why you're on this diet ? I mean, specifically why. Unless you're like training to reach a certain weight or muscle mass or body fat percentage I wouldn't do It 'just because it's said to be healthy' .. I'd only do It for athletic purposes.

You should tell your brother to come here and tell us his experiences. It would be pretty informative, especially if you say he developed problems.

i have a heart problem and ive eaten high carbs all my life

Just to follow up, nuts and legumes (natural peanut butter) were the key to my success. Provided just enough carbohydrates to avoid hypoglycemia.

A brief progress report:

I haven't been exercising much at all due to a pretty severe back problem, and I have very slowly gone back to a VLC (very low carb) diet. I have stabilized at a healthy weight, having lost about 20% bodyweight from the start of my ZC experience when I stopped eating the SAD (standard american diet). Musculature is very good considering I do not work out, I have definitely not lost any muscle whatsoever; it was 100% fat loss. I feel quite healthy and I have had excellent resistance to getting sick.

Feeling very healthy overall. I actually feel like going back on zero carb, to be honest. Meat is the best part of every meal for me, and there's really nothing as good as a ribeye pan seared in butter with salt and pepper.

sounds crazy.... shall be watching this thread :) haha

Nice to see you update the thread CC. I enjoyed this thread when it was happening and I personally agree with you, the lower carb I go the better I feel too.

I don't understand this idea that tribes only ate meat and fat. Maybe a few do, but a majority of tribes got their calories from carbohydrates I.E. Australia, South America, Africa ETC. Game animals are usually scarce and the whole reason a tribe is a tribe and doesn't expand is because of the biomass of the land, and the shortage of game. Tribes are often just big enough as to not deplete resources, there isn't a constant supply of game animals being brought to cover their entire diet. Carbohydrates are a HUGE part of tribal culture.

Game animals did not used to be nearly as scarce as they are now. For example: there used to be 60-100 million American Bison in the 1800s, now there are only something on the order of 100,000 due to human reintroduction-- there were even less before current times.

How many people could a 1 ton Bison feed versus foraging veggies? Realistically hunting would have been the obvious choice. If we are talking about evolutionary history of humans, agriculture didn't even really exist before 10,000 years ago. Our ancestors were clearly primarily meat eaters. Whatever handful of food they might have gotten elsewhere probably would have been leafy greens.

I don't understand this idea that tribes only ate meat and fat. Maybe a few do, but a majority of tribes got their calories from carbohydrates I.E. Australia, South America, Africa ETC. Game animals are usually scarce and the whole reason a tribe is a tribe and doesn't expand is because of the biomass of the land, and the shortage of game. Tribes are often just big enough as to not deplete resources, there isn't a constant supply of game animals being brought to cover their entire diet. Carbohydrates are a HUGE part of tribal culture.

I don't doubt that "our ancestors" who were killing wild game, that ate a completely natural diet, got all the nutrients they needed from meat & fat. However, I don't think that would be the case these days. I suggest a multi-vitamin at least, if not a few greens.

This ! Our ancestors killed bison that lived in a unmolested landscape. the meat you are eating has been manipulated and hormoned beyond recognition.

NO WAY YOU MEET YOUR NUTRITIONAL NEEDS IN THIS WAY.

The cultures you refer to in your post are ALSO not eating mass produced chicken and farmed fish. The are living off the land old school. AND THEY DO NOT HAVE CARB FREE DIETS !!!!!! Their diet is not yours unless you are up there eating osterich or whale with them.

Also, I hope you don't have any major plans with the last 10 years of your life, as your liver and kidneys will be checking out much sooner on this plan.

Boy do I love incoherence.

Man I hate being quoted when I don't even remember the conversation...I feel obligated to go back & re read it

Back