Gone Zero Carb.

Well all i can say is i went to the north of India (i.e. not the tourist part) and hardly ate any veggs for 2 weeks, (after you see swarms of flies sitting on fruit and veg and the lack of clean water you get put off).

Anyhow my bowel or waistline never wants to go without eating fruit and veg ever again.

I don't think Mike's advocating zero carb, he's just advocating the spirit of enquiry that this thread was created in. And when people just come in and post paraphrased versions of "this is stupid you are stupid" over and over they're shitting all over that spirit.
yeah you might be right but at the same time I don't think people would berate me if I came in and said, "no veggies is the best idea i've ver heard and everyone should do it" even though it's essentially the same thing I said just the inverse.

yeah you might be right but at the same time I don't think people would berate me if I came in and said, "no veggies is the best idea i've ver heard and everyone should do it" even though it's essentially the same thing I said just the inverse.

so now saying something and saying the inverse are both the same?

I think murder is a horrible thing and people shouldn't kill one another.

Murder is terrific; everyone go out and kill everyone else.

One is just the inverse, so I guess it must be true.

so now saying something and saying the inverse are both the same?

I think murder is a horrible thing and people shouldn't kill one another.

Murder is terrific; everyone go out and kill everyone else.

One is just the inverse, so I guess it must be true.

No that's not what i'm saying but if you're just saying that I shouldn't be negative because it hinders the inquisitional process of the thread then the inverse of what I said should be deplored also because it's essentially the same thing in that all I did is come in and state my concrete opinion on the matter but I know that people wouldn't have a problem if my concrete opinion was a positive one.

No that's not what i'm saying but if you're just saying that I shouldn't be negative because it hinders the inquisitional process of the thread then the inverse of what I said should be deplored also because it's essentially the same thing in that all I did is come in and state my concrete opinion on the matter but I know that people wouldn't have a problem if my concrete opinion was a positive one.

no one would have a problem if your opinion had some sort of intelligent or factual attributes

i think you're forgetting that almost none of us in this thread are advocating the diet, most of us love (or at least like) or veggies and our current eating plans, we're just interested to see the outcome from this one

personally i just don't believe it can really be that healthy in the long run, i don't buy the zero carb supporters assertion that we can get all our nutrients just form meat

I don't really buy the argument that "people ate this way 10,000 years ago so it must be healthy"

I mean, the life expectancy for humans back then was what? 35? How do we know that what they ate back then is healthier than a balanced diet with veggies today?

We know that humans were thinner back then, but that could easily be attributed to their level of activity, having to walk everywhere and hunt and stuff. It's a far cry from today's sedentary lifestyle.

I think if you want to be as healthy as an eskimo, then you can't simply eat his diet. You also have to live like him. Get rid of your cars, TV's, and computers, and hunt your food, build your shelter, and make your own survival tools. Them dudes work their asses off doing all those chores, that's why they're healthy.

no veggies is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of regarding diet

it's fucking ridiculous and pathetic

What's disgusting and pathetic about it? The fact that all vegetation is filled with amines, oxalates, and salicylates and some people choose to avoid them?

It's pretty simple. If you really like them, then eat them. If you don't like them, then don't eat them.

There seems to be a high amount of resentment from veggie eaters regarding this WOE. As in...

'I'm suffering by eating them even though I hate them, so you should too.'

lol you can't live without amines.

'I'm suffering by eating them even though I hate them, so you should too.'

why is eating veggies suffering? honestly i would hate to limit my diet to only meat as i feel you miss out on a massive amount of culinary variety and it reduces your meal options to very, very few

I have trouble eating meat without veggies. Its like french fries without ketchup

why is eating veggies suffering? honestly i would hate to limit my diet to only meat as i feel you miss out on a massive amount of culinary variety and it reduces your meal options to very, very few

They're certainly not the favorite food in my arsenal. By all means eat them.

I don't really buy the argument that "people ate this way 10,000 years ago so it must be healthy"

I'm very late to this party and I'll admit I didn't read the entire thread... but is this really an argument in here? All of the research that I've seen on the topic points to humans evolving on quite a lot of plant life. Those that had a choice certainly didn't live entirely off of meat.

lol you can't live without insulin either. High amounts in your body must not matter then.
why would you pick plants as some particularly bad source? any animal tissue is literally almost all composed of polymers that all contain many, many, amines, unlike plants, which have structural carbohydrates as well.

Sounds like a recipe for a heart attack. Still I am very interested in result postings.

Weight and BF% still dropping, albeit slower than I had hoped. I have been too busy for a workout because I've been preparing to move. I think my natural weight might be higher than I expected, but who knows.

One lesson I've learned: If you're going to eat steak, get ribeye and cook it rare. Period.

Soon I might transition to very low carb (VLC) due to being kinda bored by the lack of variety. I have always been sort of a food connoisseur, and on VLC I would be able to have probably 90% of my favorite foods.

But for now I'm still meatatarian. It's actually surprisingly hard to stop this WOE. I am very adapted to it now.

So you havent lost much weight, and now you are twice as likely to have a heart attack. Now I know not to do this, and just eat healthy and work out more = all you need. Thank you for reporting though I enjoyed some of the read.

So you havent lost much weight, and now you are twice as likely to have a heart attack. Now I know not to do this, and just eat healthy and work out more = all you need. Thank you for reporting though I enjoyed some of the read.

umm, would you care to source the statement "twice as likely to have a heart attack?" lol where do come up with this stuff?

umm, would you care to source the statement "twice as likely to have a heart attack?" lol where do come up with this stuff?

I really would be interested in his blood profile to see what happened with it going on just meat. It would have been nice to see it before hand also. Just to see if it improved got worse or stayed the same.

I really would be interested in his blood profile to see what happened with it going on just meat. It would have been nice to see it before hand also. Just to see if it improved got worse or stayed the same.

you could see solkanar's in his thread i believe...from his claims, it was pretty damn good.

Back