Gone Zero Carb.

Why the hell did he get double yellows ? Probablly a overweight mod who eats tons of red meat fryied in butter read his post.

Here are some responses to your points--

1) we are omnivores. the teeth in our mouth are designed for mostly
grinding and cutting (veggies and grains) we do have k9's for tearing (meat)
but the ratio of tearing is small (meaning our meat consumption could be at 20%
of our diet)

People on both sides use this argument... and I am sure that humans consumed plant foods in small quantities, but I just can't see how they could justify large quantities of plant matter calorically. For survival, meat just makes more sense.

2) insoluble fiber is a must for a healthy digestive system. without it, and on a high protein diet, your stool will be harder and it will irritate your colon and anus.

Absolutely 100% false. There are plenty of people out there who have had 0 (ZERO) fiber over a period of years, and their colon and anus is just dandy. I've actually read the opposite (forget where), that roughage/fiber damages the digestive system and colon as it passes through unprocessed. Not to get too graphic here, but while I was on ZC, my bowel movements were great.

3) dietary cholesterol in food is not linked to increasing your personal cholesterol.
saturated fat in foods increases your personal cholesterol number which will cause
many health issues. (remember though, each cholesterol number for each person
is relative. you can't compare one person's 250 count to another's 250 count.
Red meat is full of saturated fat. AND, so is the dairy butter!

Eating saturated fat does not increase serum cholesterol. This is a myth. Another myth is that your basic serum cholesterol count matters unless it is FAR out of normal range.

4) meat and fat missing phytonutrients and macronutrients that are found in fruits and veggies along with some major nutrients and micronutrients.

This is meaningless. If you can tell me what "phyto/macro nutrients" I am missing and why I need them then maybe we can discuss.

5) present day meats come from animals who are feed processed corn and other high glycemic carbs! when the animals should be eating grass and other greens!
that is why the fat ring on the edge of a ribeye is full of bad saturated fats instead
of poly and monounsaturated good fats, like if the cattle was eating grass.
there are a breed of black pigs in northern italy who forage on nothing but acorns
and WHALLA! the bacon produced from this breed has all healthy fat.

I agree that grassfed beef would be optimal. However I do think that the chemical composition of the fat is similar regardless of the animal's diet, and even corn fed beef would not necessarily be unhealthy... One can always eat a variety of fats.

6) many asian cultures who consume 50% brown rice daily (low-mod glycemic) have
shown record life expectancies, and a lack of cardiovascular issues as shown by the world health org.

Those cultures also consume very low amounts of calories, and higher amounts of saturated fats. (they use all the animal fat they can).

7) where are the EFA's from this corn feed beef? not there.
coastal countries from the med to china have much better health numbers
from consuming fish and the essential fatty acids and (omega 3's) the fish
provides. fish would be a smarter choice then beef. the benefits of oily fish
are omnipresent. ask your doctor, ask an mma guy who is recovering from an injury,
or just wake up.

Fish is great. But not necessary. Other meats contain omega 3s as well, and their real benefit as a health supplement is unclear.

anyway....this project is addresses the symptoms of being overweight (temporarily).
it is not a life/diet solution for anyone. (except maybe an inuit/yupik race).

Maybe not in a purist form. Most people prefer to eat more than just meat and water, but I assure you it is very possible to have tons of variety (even on a limited budget) eating on a VLC lifestyle.

3) dietary cholesterol in food is not linked to increasing your personal cholesterol.
saturated fat in foods increases your personal cholesterol number which will cause
many health issues. (remember though, each cholesterol number for each person
is relative. you can't compare one person's 250 count to another's 250 count.
Red meat is full of saturated fat. AND, so is the dairy butter!
Your own body fat (and mine, and everyone elses) is mostly saturated fat. Excercise "burns" fat which is absorbed into your kidney, liver, muscle tissue, and bloodstream. Ergo, if saturated animal fat causes health issues then you should avoid exercise.

Here are some responses to your points--

People on both sides use this argument... and I am sure that humans consumed plant foods in small quantities, but I just can't see how they could justify large quantities of plant matter calorically. For survival, meat just makes more sense.

Absolutely 100% false. There are plenty of people out there who have had 0 (ZERO) fiber over a period of years, and their colon and anus is just dandy. I've actually read the opposite (forget where), that roughage/fiber damages the digestive system and colon as it passes through unprocessed. Not to get too graphic here, but while I was on ZC, my bowel movements were great.

Eating saturated fat does not increase serum cholesterol. This is a myth. Another myth is that your basic serum cholesterol count matters unless it is FAR out of normal range.

This is meaningless. If you can tell me what "phyto/macro nutrients" I am missing and why I need them then maybe we can discuss.

I agree that grassfed beef would be optimal. However I do think that the chemical composition of the fat is similar regardless of the animal's diet, and even corn fed beef would not necessarily be unhealthy... One can always eat a variety of fats.

Those cultures also consume very low amounts of calories, and higher amounts of saturated fats. (they use all the animal fat they can).

Fish is great. But not necessary. Other meats contain omega 3s as well, and their real benefit as a health supplement is unclear.

Maybe not in a purist form. Most people prefer to eat more than just meat and water, but I assure you it is very possible to have tons of variety (even on a limited budget) eating on a VLC lifestyle.

thanks for the intelligent response.
you obviously know what your doing.

i agree with most of what you say and I am willing to bend on much.
the ease a soft bowel movement with a diet containing a lot of oatmeal
is desirable for me because of h-roids. I am a gym rat and eating ton's of protein seems to increase the bleeding down there, so that's why i am an advocate for
insoluable fiber and /or whole grains. my stool is softer.

I think we both can agree that refined and processed carbs (Hi-Gi carbs)
are the enemy and the cause of the most issues.

Again, you can do what you are doing successfully. But again it comes down
to ones goals. Living to 100 like an okinowan may not be ideal for everyone.
(spelled wrong?)
There are many right answers.
I am still stuck trying to believe there is one best diet, or best diet for the "average" person.
Maybe the best diet is the one with the most balance, where one knows sacrifice,
healthfulness, indulgence and happiness.
The diet is a spiritual thing.....

Most research shows it would have been impossible to have a "hunter" based meat diet due to the amount of time and energy spent on a single animal kill which couldn't feed an entire village.

@BFX9:

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I must say though, that since the government has been involved in pushing harmful diets like the food pyramid for so long, we need to take action to shoot their bunk science down. That's partially why I am so interested in this. How many people in the US are obese because they think they should be eating 10 servings of grain per day?

What's overlooked on this thread is that we are genetically endowed with different responding metabolisms towards macro and micro nutrients. On one extreme, such as this diet, you got the group that thrives on exclusive animal products containing no carbohydrates, and on the other you have the group like vegans who avoid all animal products and eat a substantial % of carbohydrates and claim to thrive just as well. Then you have the middle, more balanced diet approach that claims equal superiority, and boasts a more abundant and diverse menu.

It

No, what's overlooked in this (by your) thread is it's starting date.

Very intresting read. I'm day 3 into a low carb diet, never going over 30g carb. To be honest I feel terrible, my head is foggy and just feel emotionally drained. I'm going to have a cheat day once a week, so if I still feel like this in week 2 ill just fuck it off.

Very intresting read. I'm day 3 into a low carb diet, never going over 30g carb. To be honest I feel terrible, my head is foggy and just feel emotionally drained. I'm going to have a cheat day once a week, so if I still feel like this in week 2 ill just fuck it off.

How high is your fat daily intake? Ive been no higher than 50 grams of carbs a day with most days being below 30 grams for 3 weeks now and havent had those issues. When I did atkins 10 yrs ago and went low carb and low fat...I had the same issues you are having now.

1) If this is the first time you have done low-carb it is expected to take a bit for your body to grow accustomed to running off of Ketones.

2) As the other poster suggested, increasing your fats might be the key here, in place of carbohydrates your body is looking for fats as a fuel source. If it is coming up short, well, you are running on "empty".

What are your daily macros looking like? What about your daily caloric intake?

Well today I ate, 3eggs,teaspoon of olive oil,3 pieces of bacon. Tblespoon of ketchup (3g carb) . Then the same again for dinner just wid grated cheddar cheese. Coffee(7gcarb),handfull of cornflakes(6g carb). I'm 5'8, heaviest at 202lbs n lightest at 136, am around 156 right now. As far as macro's go I have no idea lol

That's sort of how I felt the first time I did it, but my body acclimated and I feel really good.

I normally mix it up, chicken breast, turkey steak. Peanuts. Some butter. Etc. Just today was kinda basic with no effort.

Don't pussy out. Your body chemistry is literally changing and there is an adjustment period. It will pass, I promise. It took me about 2 weeks to get mostly adjusted and a month to become fully adjusted. I feel fine today and am on a ketogenic diet.

Don't try to go 0 carb like the OP suggests, you need fiber, which only comes from carb sources. Luckily fiber does not metabolize so it does not mess up ketosis. Eat some artichoke/avocado/nuts. Also make sure you take a complete calcium (with magnesium) to get your electrolytes, otherwise you gun have problems.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not goin over 30g carb a day, im planning on having a cheat day on the 7th day....or shall I wait another week to let my boby ajust? Cheerz

Back