Gone Zero Carb.

The first few days on low carb isn't that great. I felt a bit light headed, foggy, small headache, etc.

Around day 2-3 this kicked in and only lasted 1-2 days. After that it's almost like someone flipped a switch and I woke up feeling like a million bucks!

IMO when you start a keto diet take the first week to eat whatever low carb food you want. I don't focus too much on calories. Instead I am just getting my body used to the whole low carb approach. Once your body has adjusted you can start to monitor calories and macro's.

Just like any diet you have to play around with things to see what works best for YOU. 1 carb day per week, 2 per week, 1 every other week blah blah blah.

While I enjoyed a low carb diet, my gym performance is not as good on it as a balanced diet. I started on Starting Strength while still on the Cycle Ketogenic Diet and I had some troubles getting noobgains. Then I switched to my old, balanced diet, and I haven't failed any lifts yet for about 4 weeks. I did pack on a ton of weight again though, but I'm sure a lot of it is muscle.
I'll probably try the CKD diet again in december after the semester is over. It's just not really possible to eat no carbs at a college cafeteria.

Back