Gone Zero Carb.

I'm very late to this party and I'll admit I didn't read the entire thread... but is this really an argument in here? All of the research that I've seen on the topic points to humans evolving on quite a lot of plant life. Those that had a choice certainly didn't live entirely off of meat.

Monger,

You need to leave this thread immediately, you have far too much common sense to be here.

I don't understand this idea that tribes only ate meat and fat. Maybe a few do, but a majority of tribes got their calories from carbohydrates I.E. Australia, South America, Africa ETC. Game animals are usually scarce and the whole reason a tribe is a tribe and doesn't expand is because of the biomass of the land, and the shortage of game. Tribes are often just big enough as to not deplete resources, there isn't a constant supply of game animals being brought to cover their entire diet. Carbohydrates are a HUGE part of tribal culture.

there's no way Australian Aboriginies got most of their food from carbohydrates. That would be impossible. Australian bush offers little edible vegetation.

I a plan on going 100% ketogenic or at least, targeted ketosis for better fat mobilization. I dont buy a bit into the statement "its impossible to get fat" on a meat based diet however

there's no way Australian Aboriginies got most of their food from carbohydrates. That would be impossible. Australian bush offers little edible vegetation.

I will second that, it seems to me that Australia was a very inhospitable country before agriculture came over with the european settlers. I think they pretty muched lived off kangaroo's, birds, grubs and moths (the going got tough enough to migrate into the mountains just to get the moths)

On an interesting side note Indigenous Australians are pretty much immune to gout despite the high uric acid content in their diet and blood. Possibly an adaptation to a diet rich in meat.

Couple of questions for the TS. Not trying to be a dick, just curious.

1.What was the average life expectancy of the peoples diet you are following?

2.What do the current cultures with the longest living people have in common?
These questions got me thinking.

1. I have no idea of the average life expectancy but I would be willing to bet that the major causes of death were less likely to be diet related (unless you include starving, hunting accidents or becoming someone elses dinner)

2. This question is largly irrelevant considering pretty much all current cultures eat a large amount of carbs. But one thing they have in common is that the chance that they were killed directly by their diet is more common than ever.

Now the big question is why is this the case? We are conditioned to believe its because of a high animal product diet but there is pretty much no correlation between saturated fat and heart disease
6a00d8341d0fcc53ef01156f35e74d970b-pi.png

But I do still think that the benifits of 0 carb diet need to be questioned because as others have stated even though it is probably extremely close to our natural diets animal products have changed since domestication and I dont want to give up my broccoli, caulifower, lettuce or tomatoes.

These questions got me thinking.

1. I have no idea of the average life expectancy but I would be willing to bet that the major causes of death were less likely to be diet related (unless you include starving, hunting accidents or becoming someone elses dinner)

2. This question is largly irrelevant considering pretty much all current cultures eat a large amount of carbs. But one thing they have in common is that the chance that they were killed directly by their diet is more common than ever.

Now the big question is why is this the case? We are conditioned to believe its because of a high animal product diet but there is pretty much no correlation between saturated fat and heart disease
6a00d8341d0fcc53ef01156f35e74d970b-pi.png

But I do still think that the benifits of 0 carb diet need to be questioned because as others have stated even though it is probably extremely close to our natural diets animal products have changed since domestication and I dont want to give up my broccoli, caulifower, lettuce or tomatoes.

This graph clearly shows that saturated fat intake = heart disease. Hopefully this will shut up the haters.

Off to eat some lettuce and soybeans.

My theory is that you can eat whatever you want to, its your life and body and who cares what type a diet a person does.

They are the one who chooses what goes in their mouth and does not affect anybody but themselves.

It could be high carb, low carb, paleo, who really gives a shit. If thats what they want and it works for them thats what matters.

We all have our own opinions and there is no right or wrong answer, its just a personal preference.

My theory is that you can eat whatever you want to, its your life and body and who cares what type a diet a person does.

They are the one who chooses what goes in their mouth and does not affect anybody but themselves.

It could be high carb, low carb, paleo, who really gives a shit. If thats what they want and it works for them thats what matters.

We all have our own opinions and there is no right or wrong answer, its just a personal preference.

Wrong.

When some slob is dying and going through hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical treatment because a lifetime of twinkies and pepsi ripped his body to shreds, and the cost of that in the current insurance climate is mitigated to the rest of us who live healthier lives, it absolutely does have an effect on others.

Wrong.

When some slob is dying and going through hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical treatment because a lifetime of twinkies and pepsi ripped his body to shreds, and the cost of that in the current insurance climate is mitigated to the rest of us who live healthier lives, it absolutely does have an effect on others.

I agree, do eat what you want and what works for you, but the obese should have their health insurance penalized.

I totally agree, I just didnt word it correctly.

I doubt we will ever see fat people being punished for destroying themselves as mentioned but it would be something that should be looked at.

I agree, do eat what you want and what works for you, but the obese should have their health insurance penalized.

You can thank government regulations on insurance providers for this. It is one reason why health insurance is so expensive. They need to be able to reject people for insurance to work.

This graph clearly shows that saturated fat intake = heart disease. Hopefully this will shut up the haters.

Off to eat some lettuce and soybeans.

Is it just me or does that graph show that sat. fat intake is LOOSELY inversely proportional with CHD deaths? The graph is all over the place, I would say it's not conclusive of anything actually.

Is it just me or does that graph show that sat. fat intake is LOOSELY inversely proportional with CHD deaths? The graph is all over the place, I would say it's not conclusive of anything actually.

yeah, too much of a variable

id say if anything, saturated fat has little to do with it. Im probably the only who thinks the change in lifestyle activity causes more health problems than the change in diet

I heard that the neanderthals were almost 100% carnivore and them basterds were the strongest humanoids ever to walk the earth. Supposedly they were strong enough to toss a man over a goal post. Maybe they were onto something. I'm going to give a shot for a while and see what happens.

i have some problems with this diet as a lifestyle.
my background is in sports nutrition and i have tried many
different diets for many months each. so first hand info and smart research will
be displayed here:

1) we are omnivores. the teeth in our mouth are designed for mostly
grinding and cutting (veggies and grains) we do have k9's for tearing (meat)
but the ratio of tearing is small (meaning our meat consumption could be at 20%
of our diet)

2) insoluble fiber is a must for a healthy digestive system. without it, and on a high protein diet, your stool will be harder and it will irritate your colon and anus.

3) dietary cholesterol in food is not linked to increasing your personal cholesterol.
saturated fat in foods increases your personal cholesterol number which will cause
many health issues. (remember though, each cholesterol number for each person
is relative. you can't compare one person's 250 count to another's 250 count.
Red meat is full of saturated fat. AND, so is the dairy butter!

4) meat and fat missing phytonutrients and macronutrients that are found in fruits and veggies along with some major nutrients and micronutrients.

5) present day meats come from animals who are feed processed corn and other high glycemic carbs! when the animals should be eating grass and other greens!
that is why the fat ring on the edge of a ribeye is full of bad saturated fats instead
of poly and monounsaturated good fats, like if the cattle was eating grass.
there are a breed of black pigs in northern italy who forage on nothing but acorns
and WHALLA! the bacon produced from this breed has all healthy fat.

6) many asian cultures who consume 50% brown rice daily (low-mod glycemic) have
shown record life expectancies, and a lack of cardiovascular issues as shown by the world health org.

7) where are the EFA's from this corn feed beef? not there.
coastal countries from the med to china have much better health numbers
from consuming fish and the essential fatty acids and (omega 3's) the fish
provides. fish would be a smarter choice then beef. the benefits of oily fish
are omnipresent. ask your doctor, ask an mma guy who is recovering from an injury,
or just wake up.

anyway....this project is addresses the symptoms of being overweight (temporarily).
it is not a life/diet solution for anyone. (except maybe an inuit/yupik race).

Back