PBP GLORY Collision 5: Antonio Plazibat vs Tariq Osaro, Sat. June 17, 2PM ET / 11AM PT, PBP Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
FvSVGiCWcAEbVCN

GLORY COLLISION 5

One of the biggest kickboxing events of the decade, GLORY COLLISION 5, will take place on June 17 live from the Rotterdam Ahoy in the Netherlands. Four incredible title bouts top the bill along with a stacked card featuring some of the most exciting fighters in the world.

The interim-GLORY Heavyweight Title and a shot at reigning-champion Rico Verhoeven will be up for grabs as top ranked heavyweight contender Antonio Plazibat (22-4, 16 KO) collides with the number two ranked Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro (24-2-1, 12 KO) in the main event. These teammates and Mike’s Gym protégés will have to put their friendship aside for one night and go head-to-head for GLORY gold.

Donegi Abena (26-9, 7 KO) originally was set to make the first defence of his GLORY Light Heavyweight Title in the co-main event, but unfortunately he was struck down with an illness earlier this week. As a result Abena was removed from the card.
This left LHW title-challenger Tarik Khbabez (48-10-1, 27 KO) without an opponent and moved the number of title fights on the card down to three. However, recent signee Mohamed Amine (29-4, 16 KO) answered the call to step-in on short notice to face “The Tank” for a new interim-light heavyweight title.

Middleweight champion Donovan Wisse (18-1, 10 KO) will face arguably his most dangerous test to date as he welcomes the challenge of the number one ranked middleweight Serkan Özçağlayan (45-7, 36 KO). Wisse has dispatched the likes of Yousri Belgaroui, Jason Wilnis, César Almeida, & Juri De Sousa on route to the top of the division, but with thirty-six knockout victories to his name, Özçağlayan has proven dynamite in his hands and can win at any given moment.

Rounding out the title fights is the best welterweight on the planet Endy Semeleer (34-1, 17 KO), who puts his title on the line against Dutch Star Jay Overmeer (29-4, 15 KO). Semeleer firmly established his position as the king of the division with an incredible shutout victory over Murthel Groenhart at GLORY 85, while Overmeer has taken GLORY by storm with four emphatic victories to earn his spot as number one contender.

Also on the main card, fresh of the biggest win of his career, Michael Boapeah (14-3-1, 6 KO). He meets the returning Ulric Bokeme (31-3, 17 KO) in a potential show stealer.
In the opening bout of the main card, Felipe Micheletti (17-10, 5 KO) faces Ibrahim El Bouni (40-8-1, 22 KO) with both light heavyweights having momentum on their sides.

The COLLISION 5 prelims will feature three exciting fights and will be streamed live for free on GLORY’s YouTube channel.

The always entertaining big Nabil Khachab (25-4-1, 4 KO) clashes with German veteran Vladimir Tok (51-18, 28 KO), newcomers Eduard Gafencu (17-3, 11 KO) & Diaguely Camara (22-4-1, 9 KO) will look to impress in their GLORY debuts, and Croatia’s Andrej Kedves (18-4, 7 KO) will aim to kick-off the card in style against top rising UK talent Mareks Pelcis (10-2, 5 KO).

c5-eventpage.jpeg

GLORY Collision 5 takes place Saturday, June 17 live from Rotterdam Ahoy, the Netherlands.
Prelims start at 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT / 18:30 CET, the main card starts at 2pm ET / 11am PT / 20:00 CET.

Full GLORY Collision 5 fightcard:

How to watch:

The COLLISION 5 prelims will stream live on GLORY's YouTube and Facebook channels as well as GLORY's FAST channels at 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT / 18:30 CET.

The COLLISION 5 main card will stream live at 2pm ET / 11am PT / 20:00 CET.
Fans can find their local GLORY broadcast partner(s) below.

Europe:

- Croatia: GLORYfights.com (PPV on sale for 9,99€)
- Estonia: GO3
- Latvia: GO3
- Lithuania: GO3
- Netherlands: Videoland
- Poland: Viaplay
- Other European countries: GLORYfights.com (PPV on sale for 9,99€)

Americas:

- Argentina: D Sports Fight
- Bolivia: D Sports Fight
- Chile: D Sports Fight
- Colombia: D Sports Fight
- Ecuador: D Sports Fight
- Mexico: D Sports Fight
- Paraguay: D Sports Fight
- Peru: D Sports Fight
- Uruguay: D Sports Fight
- Venezuela: D Sports Fight
- Other North/South American countries: GLORYfights.com (PPV on sale for $12.99)

Africa:

- Morocco: GLORYfights.com (PPV on sale for $3.99)
- Other African countries: GLORYfights.com (PPV on sale for $12.99)

Asia & Oceania:

- Japan: U-NEXT
- Other Asian/Oceanian countries: GLORYfights.com(PPV on sale for $12.99)

Betting Odds:

upload_2023-6-17_13-17-17.jpeg
upload_2023-6-17_13-17-32.jpeg

H2H:

upload_2023-6-17_4-47-10.jpeg

Last edited:

According to Mike Passenier, we can expect to see Gökhan Saki fighting Melvin Manhoef at Collision 5. I assume the winner will also be in the tournament at the end of the year.

As a fan of Melvin Manhoef, I really don't think he should still be fighting, let alone versus Gökhan Saki.

He just cannot let the sport go apparently. I also doubt whether it is smart to still compete on this level..

According to Mike Passenier, we can expect to see Gökhan Saki fighting Melvin Manhoef at Collision 5. I assume the winner will also be in the tournament at the end of the year.

I hate this. I don't need to see Melvin get KO'd any more.

At least Manhoef is fighting Saki, who is also well past his prime.

But ya these guys have taken a lot of punishment over the years it gets tough to watch.

Same thing with Badr. Sadly it's a shallow pool of popular talent in the sport so they always have to dig into the past.

At least Manhoef is fighting Saki, who is also well past his prime.

But ya these guys have taken a lot of punishment over the years it gets tough to watch.

It's a lot worse for Manhoef though, he's 46 and has been finished several times in the last few years. Saki is 7 years younger, quite a lot bigger and just a bad match-up in kickboxing rules with boxing gloves.

Saki vs Manhoef?
Poor Melvin, the first time he got destroyed I think it will be even more devastating now.

Plazibat and Cookie need to forget about their friendship for the next 2 months:)

I was waiting to see Saki again. I don`t care who he will fight as long as he is on the card. I see that he is pretty old now but let`s not forget that he showed great techniqual skills in the last fight with McSweeney. I wouldn`t count him out yet. I am sure that his team chose the opponent very carefully and maybe Melvin was convinced to come back for a nice sum of money. It also showes that Glory is still trying to milk the past. There are still not enough good fighters in the HW division but the situation is improving. However.. I still get the feeling that the old k-1 days were a lot more fun and fighters were more interesting than nowdays. Each and every fighter had a unique set of skills for which he was famous: Remy was good with his legs, Andy Hug and Glaube Feitosa came from karate background, Jerome was more like a boxer with brute power, Ernesto Hoost was all about technique and so on. Nowdays I do not see this difference. Everybody if from Micke`s Gym, BS Gym or Superpro. Maybe that is one of the reasons why there are no individual rising stars like back in the days.

I was waiting to see Saki again. I don`t care who he will fight as long as he is on the card. I see that he is pretty old now but let`s not forget that he showed great techniqual skills in the last fight with McSweeney. I wouldn`t count him out yet. I am sure that his team chose the opponent very carefully and maybe Melvin was convinced to come back for a nice sum of money. It also showes that Glory is still trying to milk the past. There are still not enough good fighters in the HW division but the situation is improving. However.. I still get the feeling that the old k-1 days were a lot more fun and fighters were more interesting than nowdays. Each and every fighter had a unique set of skills for which he was famous: Remy was good with his legs, Andy Hug and Glaube Feitosa came from karate background, Jerome was more like a boxer with brute power, Ernesto Hoost was all about technique and so on. Nowdays I do not see this difference. Everybody if from Micke`s Gym, BS Gym or Superpro. Maybe that is one of the reasons why there are no individual rising stars like back in the days.
In a recent episode of Warriors Talk (Remy Bonjasky’s podcast) Melvin said that the contract for the Saki fight is signed, but that he’s not sure yet when the fight will take place (maybe because of an injury on Saki’s part)

Saki vs manhoef is probably the most wtf booking. But I’ll probably check it out

upload_2023-5-3_20-56-49.jpeg

@BoxerMaurits and I were lucky enough to meet one of the old hero’s. I do agree that Glory has to make some steps to get closer to the K1 days but they are definitely making progress and the divisions are slowly getting filled with some very interesting fighters.

Glory kickboxing, the only place you can go 1-4 in your last 5 fights and then get a title shot.
Tarik is coming off a single win against that Spaniard MMA-guy after going on that 4-fight skid, so he didn't necessarily earn a title shot by any means.
On other hand, there's no real #1 contender in the LHW-division so yeah. The rematch with Maslobojev would've been the most logical option for me. They're 1-1 and the way their last fight ended was a bummer, so personally I would've preferred the trilogy.
This is going to be a very good fight though. I hope Khbabez smashes Abena lol

Back