General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

i think you MIGHT like it, but the AI is worst then the DayZ zombies. They have super vision and pretty much suck
Which won't be a real issue for me as I intend to camp out on a hill shooting bitches from a distance.

Which won't be a real issue for me as I intend to camp out on a hill shooting bitches from a distance.

you need to check out ghost warrior 3 then you might get a gun boner from it.

you need to check out ghost warrior 3 then you might get a gun boner from it.

Is that the new one where you can practically build the gun from the ground up?

Yeah, definitely looking at it. I like that Wildlands has the gunsmith system back too.

Is that the new one where you can practically build the gun from the ground up?

Yeah, definitely looking at it. I like that Wildlands has the gunsmith system back too.

this one is more technical then GRWL

Playing through Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Liking it this far.

Playing through Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Liking it this far.
I have it still, played a few hours but ended up getting caught up in a shit ton of other games, wondering if its ever worth going back too.

I liked, but didn't love Human Rev

I'm enjoying it a ton so far
Yeah enjoy it while it lasts. I thought the game was amazing, like truly immersive. Then you just start getting into the story, and the game abruptly ends. I've never played anything like it. The game seriously ends before it really gets started. So much potential that just flops due to releasing an extremely unfinished game.

Yeah enjoy it while it lasts. I thought the game was amazing, like truly immersive. Then you just start getting into the story, and the game abruptly ends. I've never played anything like it. The game seriously ends before it really gets started. So much potential that just flops due to releasing an extremely unfinished game.

I found id software's Rage to be kind of like that. Great game that I finally played through this past September and October. I'm playing along and then suddenly it was just over. Rather run of the mill mission, no boss fight or anything. Just finish an ordinary mission, then a cut scene and it was over. Real shame, the game had a hell of a lot of potential: amazing graphics (it's over five years old and last gen and yet it looks as good or better than most games from this gen) great combat and the basis for a cool setting. Could have been a real classic IMO.

You know it's a Beta right......

I have it still, played a few hours but ended up getting caught up in a shit ton of other games, wondering if its ever worth going back too.

I liked, but didn't love Human Rev

It takes a while to pick up. After the Dubai Mission you suffer an injury and lose your augs. To save on spoilers, needless to say you get access shortly after the opening Dubai mission, to new experimental augs which are fucking badass. Adam Jensen is PFP one of the best modern protagonists of the modern era.

As for Human Revolution I 100%ed that game and played through it 3 times. Loved that shit.

I found id software's Rage to be kind of like that. Great game that I finally played through this past September and October. I'm playing along and then suddenly it was just over. Rather run of the mill mission, no boss fight or anything. Just finish an ordinary mission, then a cut scene and it was over. Real shame, the game had a hell of a lot of potential: amazing graphics (it's over five years old and last gen and yet it looks as good or better than most games from this gen) great combat and the basis for a cool setting. Could have been a real classic IMO.
I loved Rage but yea I agree about the ending
It was great but way too shallow
There was so much fun stuff already in the game that coulda just been added to and it woulda been so much better

It takes a while to pick up. After the Dubai Mission you suffer an injury and lose your augs. To save on spoilers, needless to say you get access shortly after the opening Dubai mission, to new experimental augs which are fucking badass. Adam Jensen is PFP one of the best modern protagonists of the modern era.

As for Human Revolution I 100%ed that game and played through it 3 times. Loved that shit.

I have Human Revolution on 360 but haven't played through it yet. It's not the directors cut version though. Still worth playing? I have heard the non-directors cut version is kind of fucked because of problems with the boss fights or something. Thoughts?

I have Human Revolution on 360 but haven't played through it yet. It's not the directors cut version though. Still worth playing?

Yes. The DC includes one chunk that isn't really that vital to the overall experience. It's nice to have, but it's not a necessity by any means. It's your typical DLC campaign mission.

As far as the boss fights go, they suck no matter what version you're playing. They're not a deal breaker, but they just didn't jive with the overall design of the game. Don't let that discourage you though. When you hit a boss, you'll just have to shoot the shit out of it. They don't ruin the game or anything. They just don't offer many options to beat them with. That's all. Everything else in between those boss fights is stellar.

Yes. The DC includes one chunk that isn't really that vital to the overall experience. It's nice to have, but it's not a necessity by any means. It's your typical DLC campaign mission.

As far as the boss fights go, they suck no matter what version you're playing. They're not a deal breaker, but they just didn't jive with the overall design of the game. Don't let that discourage you though. When you hit a boss, you'll just have to shoot the shit out of it. They don't ruin the game or anything. They just don't offer many options to beat them with. That's all. Everything else in between those boss fights is stellar.

Ok, thanks for the input. I was under the impression that the boss fights were basically game breaking depending on your build/play style for the regular version, and that the directors cut version basically "fixed" the broken boss fights, somehow.

Ok, thanks for the input. I was under the impression that the boss fights were basically game breaking depending on your build/play style for the regular version, and that the directors cut version basically "fixed" the broken boss fights, somehow.

Yeah, they just kind of suck. They got blasted for not offering any options to beat them in an open ended/RPG type of game. Not because they're broken or anything. There are like four boss fights. Not much to worry about. The rest of the game is amazing, regardless. Boot it up.

I still need to beat Human Revolution also, i got like maybe half way through it, have it digitally on Xbox One back compat.

They outsourced the boss fights, for some bizarre reason. Even better was the company they used clearly had no idea what Deus Ex was about.

Back