General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

MS has pretty much walked away from exclusives. Scalebound was one of the very few interesting ones they had left. It's an odd decision and is likely costing them in the long run.

XBOX was my main console back in the day and so was 360 until a couple RROD's turned me away. There's really no reason to go back any more, which is unfortunate because I think they gained a shitload of momentum with the first two systems.

MS has pretty much walked away from exclusives. Scalebound was one of the very few interesting ones they had left. It's an odd decision and is likely costing them in the long run.

XBOX was my main console back in the day and so was 360 until a couple RROD's turned me away. There's really no reason to go back any more, which is unfortunate because I think they gained a shitload of momentum with the first two systems.
No reason is a little untrue, like for me, i have a 9 year account with almost 200k gamerscore, and 99% of my friends mainly play Xbox.

So i have some reasons to keep it my main system, and i actually do love their main exclusives Gears, Halo and Forza but they are severly lacking in that dept.

I hope to have a PS4 slim (had PS4 many times but haven't kept one) and a Switch along with my Xbox one S though.

The thing is, Sony has exclusives, but they do absolutely nothing for me. Uncharted is alright but i honestly only liked the fist one, TLG looks absolutely pointless, TLOU i liked but wasn't this massive GAME OF THE YEAR like it was for many others so even though they have more exclusives i don't really love them as much as others.

No reason is a little untrue, like for me, i have a 9 year account with almost 200k gamerscore, and 99% of my friends mainly play Xbox.

So i have some reasons to keep it my main system, and i actually do love their main exclusives Gears, Halo and Forza but they are severly lacking in that dept.

I hope to have a PS4 slim (had PS4 many times but haven't kept one) and a Switch along with my Xbox one S though.

The thing is, Sony has exclusives, but they do absolutely nothing for me. Uncharted is alright but i honestly only liked the fist one, TLG looks absolutely pointless, TLOU i liked but wasn't this massive GAME OF THE YEAR like it was for many others so even though they have more exclusives i don't really love them as much as others.
Well I was only really speaking for myself. I jumped ship to PS3 after my 3rd RROD and it was a great system. Then I got a PC and grabbed a PS4 last year. With those two systems in my home, which both of them I think are great, XBOX1 doesn't offer anything to me to justify owning it.

It's unfortunate MS lost perspective of just how important exclusives are to a lot of people. From 2001 to ~2009, they were on fire.

And I'm not sure how TLG is any more or less pointless than any other game. It's a fantastic experience.

Well I was only really speaking for myself. I jumped ship to PS3 after my 3rd RROD and it was a great system. Then I got a PC and grabbed a PS4 last year. With those two systems in my home, which both of them I think are great, XBOX1 doesn't offer anything to me to justify owning it.

It's unfortunate MS lost perspective of just how important exclusives are to a lot of people. From 2001 to ~2009, they were on fire.

And I'm not sure how TLG is any more or less pointless than any other game. It's a fantastic experience.
It has like no actual meaningful gameplay. Its story driven which is fine but not my cup of tea.

I also never had a 360 red ring on me.

I loved PS3 just not as much as 360. I felt 360 had superior games, and my favorite feature party chat. My friend could be playing Halo, i could be playing Fallout and we could still be in a party and talk together, i don't know why PS3 never adopted that.

It's a rather odd business decision. Exclusives are the only thing that kept the original Xbox alive. The 360 was the console of choice for many years because of it's exclusives. Now they've all but abandoned them, and they're getting their asses kicked. Go figure.

Tales of Berseria is getting locked at 60fps on pc
giphy.gif

It's a rather odd business decision. Exclusives are the only thing that kept the original Xbox alive. The 360 was the console of choice for many years because of it's exclusives. Now they've all but abandoned them, and they're getting their asses kicked. Go figure.

Halo 5 and Gears 4 interest me, but not enough on their own to convince me to get an xbone. I had both a PS3 and 360, but went with ps4 for games like Bloodborne and Uncharted.

I remember when my 360 RROD and I kept that bish alive for a couple months via the qtip trick. When I bought the Elite version afterwards it never gave me any problems.

A family is trying to find a new MMO for their 73 year old grandpa. He's been playing Asheron's Call for 18 years and the servers are getting shut down.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/11/14...own-74-year-old-grandpa-grandfather-gamer-mmo

Saw that earlier today. Pretty awesome. That moment where he says "a time I could call my own"... phew... That's special.

I have a feeling he won't find a replacement. I've played countless games where when I decided to move on it's hard to start something else. Can't imagine how strong that feeling is when you've played a game for 18 years.

Saw that earlier today. Pretty awesome. That moment where he says "a time I could call my own"... phew... That's special.

I have a feeling he won't find a replacement. I've played countless games where when I decided to move on it's hard to start something else. Can't imagine how strong that feeling is when you've played a game for 18 years.

I still remember when Asheron's Call first came out. It was marketed as being an "Everquest killer" and the two games had a pretty big rivalry among fans. As a big time PC gamer in the 90s it reminded me a lot of the rivalry between Duke Nukem 3D and the first Quake.

I hadn't thought of Asheron's Call in a long time. It's cool that it's been going this long.

Tropico 4 - I don't know why, but I always looked at this series like Sim City-light....without ever having played it, or really knowing anything about it. It always just put me off for some reason. Maybe because it's cover art looked like Civ Rev. Or maybe it was the title giving me an impression that it was small scale, because it was based on controlling an island. I don't know. All I know is that I was wrong. Dead wrong. This game(series?) is awesome, and it's scale and depth are downright intimidating, but intuitive and fun all the same.

I'd like to do a full review, but it would just be a wall of text, as I can't even begin to put all of my thoughts on it into something digestible. All I can say is that if you love games like this, grab it. My 360 is all I have on the MS front, and this $2 bargain will do me just fine, and scratch the city building sim itch I've had for a while.

Halfway through Tales From the Borderlands. Really liking it so far surprisingly, having beaten all 3 games its cool to see characters make cameos from all the games.

Thinking about possibly trying out Dead Effect 2, seems like it might be worth it for $12

Getting towards the end of Final Fantasy, its become extremely linear and repetitive at this point, kinda disappointing.

Chapter 13 specifically in FF is one of the most boring, linear, drawn out and tedious levels I've ever played. It borderline makes me want to quit the game.

I was having fun doing side quests, but wow some of these story missions are awful.

It sucks. I'm in a real serious funk with gaming now. Have Civ 5, Civ 4, Tyranny, Skyrim, Crusader Kings 2, Hearts of Iron 4, and some others but I just can't bring myself to play anything. I'll like look at them and want to....But don't pull the trigger. :(

It sucks. I'm in a real serious funk with gaming now. Have Civ 5, Civ 4, Tyranny, Skyrim, Crusader Kings 2, Hearts of Iron 4, and some others but I just can't bring myself to play anything. I'll like look at them and want to....But don't pull the trigger. :(
Its sad but i kinda put myself on a schedule when it comes to gaming now, otherwise i have so many games id be the same way. Pretty much i do it one game at a time and dedicate myself to it. I'll maybe mix in a multiplayer game if i get bored but i do 1 single player experience at a time.

I'm too the point now where I'm all caught up, the next new game I'm buying with be RE7 that's my next single player game to beat.

Its sad but i kinda put myself on a schedule when it comes to gaming now, otherwise i have so many games id be the same way. Pretty much i do it one game at a time and dedicate myself to it. I'll maybe mix in a multiplayer game if i get bored but i do 1 single player experience at a time

This is how I do it too, otherwise I'll never make progress through my library of games.

Tropico 4 - I don't know why, but I always looked at this series like Sim City-light....without ever having played it, or really knowing anything about it. It always just put me off for some reason. Maybe because it's cover art looked like Civ Rev. Or maybe it was the title giving me an impression that it was small scale, because it was based on controlling an island. I don't know. All I know is that I was wrong. Dead wrong. This game(series?) is awesome, and it's scale and depth are downright intimidating, but intuitive and fun all the same.

I'd like to do a full review, but it would just be a wall of text, as I can't even begin to put all of my thoughts on it into something digestible. All I can say is that if you love games like this, grab it. My 360 is all I have on the MS front, and this $2 bargain will do me just fine, and scratch the city building sim itch I've had for a while.

5 was free on PSPlus a couple of months back and i forgot to nab it but had heard good things off people about it

Back