Fights where the entire media panel disagreed with the official decision ?

Penn vs Edgar 1 was scored for Penn almost exclusively by media and fans.

Fucking LOVE seeing MMA fans argue back and forth on the internet.

Continue.

Unlike other sports, combat sports can be decided based on opinion (the judges). Who is a better judge than the fighter?
basically anybody besides the fighters involved and those fighters’ coaches are better judges, since those parties all have overwhelming and untranscendable biases in their opinions. That should really be obvious.

basically anybody besides the fighters involved and those fighters’ coaches are better judges, since those parties all have overwhelming and untranscendable biases in their opinions. That should really be obvious.
I am not talking on an official decision making capacity. That job (as it currently stands) is for 3 commission judges. I accept that.

Unofficially, I always look at the fighters after a fight that is going to a decision. Often, I can tell when one fighter is more confident that he/she won the fight than the other, and I am saying that is very telling.

Fighters know when the opponent got the best of them. It shouldn't be part of the official decision, but as spectator, I am free to consider it when I am judging the contest.

ZTI3ODQzYzc0YSMvUHlPeFVnRkhCX0l3NFJxcFc4Y1JKMkxsMVA4PS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vYTZyYXA2NHJrcnFoNDJpYTJpc3Y2cnpmOHJmdTU2MWxhZnhzcGNqbG13aWU0cWpzem9vaXd3cjkwNmxmOGpteC5naWY.gif

What the media thinks doesn’t matter. The only thing that does is the official record. You can cry for the next 50 years. It’s never changing.

Not even interested in judges being paid off or incompetent and the sport being a sham?

Yeah have fun with that

I have no issue with GSP Hendricks. Hendricks was clearly juiced to the gills for the fight. Post USADA he has gone 1-5 and missed weight 4 times.

If GSP could have forced Hendricks to do the more advanced testing, the fight would likely not even have happened. No way Hendricks would have passed WADA testing in advance of that fight, which is why he refused even though GSP offered to pay.

Maybe hendricks lost motivation afterwards when he got the belt against lawler

Maybe his body gave out from years of weight cuts

Maybe georges was juiced as well since noone seems to look like a shredded shaved gorilla anymore, like georges used to

The 10 point system for MMA is an embarrassment, there should be a lot more draws and overturns until they come up with something better. A lot of fights that are too close to decisively call should be a draw, its retarded that people are taking Ws and Ls on their record over factors like octagon control after there's no clear winner.

Machida & Rua
Jon & Gus
Bisping & Hammil
Lenard Garcia win over Nan Phan
Leonard Garcia over "the Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung
...well... any Leonard Garcia decision wins (and I love the guy!!!)

also potentially, could be any fight judged by Cecil Peoples...

edit: I would also add Mighty Mouse tie with Uncle Creepy.
That fight was a fucking robbery that UC clearly won.

Jones vs Gus???

12/13 main MMA media outlets scored it for Jones.

Jones vs Gus???

12/13 main MMA media outlets scored it for Jones.
if I recall, more than half had Gus winning.
Not as much as GSP & Johnny, but most thought #andNew.

Which ever ones the ufc paid out the losers purse. Can't remember who they were against. Maybe one of them was a Sanchez fight.

The ones where the ufc paid out the losers contract anyways.

I think there was a couple of instances of this. The commission will never overturn them though.
Garcia against choi I'm pretty sure

Back