Fighters beaten so badly you could never look at them the same after...

Diego Sanchez after he lost to Bj Penn

Nick Diaz after the gsp fight, throwing punches after the bell like a kid who couldn't get his way.

Bc of the beating he took from Igor Vovchanchyn, Enson Inoue eventually became one of my favorite people in this world. That man has a heart that others should strive to emulate.

So what you're really asking is which Sherdoggers attach themselves to the latest winner and will forget all about a fighter's prior accomplishments.
1520018852914.gif

Fedor vs. Big Nog 1. Formal "changing of the guard" in HW dominance of the era. Fedor nullified Big Nog's storied ground game and punished him at will.

Wand vs. Saku. Complete domination by the Axe Murderer. Stopped the Saku train dead in its tracks, after his previously successful run over four of the Gracies.

Conor versus Diaz 1. I don't care if Conor becomes the first billionaire MMA fighter. The guy was finished by an opponent who had at best 2 weeks to prepare. That is a disgrace. Never be a GOAT with that on your resume.

Ronda Rousey. I don't care if some believes she was "the pioneer of WMMA." She lost and her soul was shattered to the point of question her life and entire belief system, and she has never been able to recover. Sad. Never a Hall of Fame candidate.

Nah. He didn't, "ruin him" to me. Wand has never been, "ruined". To me, he's the anti-ronda rousey: he fights no matter what the results are. A true fighter.
Mirko flattened his head

after that not prime wand imo

Rockhold getting KTFO by left hook larry

pvz is kinda like that
looked pretty good til she fought A fighters who wrecked her

People writing off Alvarez just because he fought like a moron against Conor are being a bit premature. He went to war with Gaejthe and finished the guy, and had a really gutsy performance against Poirer despite how it turned out. I think Eddie is still capable of potentially getting a title shot again if he gets one more top 5 win. Do I think he'll ever be champion? Probably not.

At least for me, my opinion on Alvarez hasn't changed much. Still tough bastard who is capable of staying at the top of LW.

I would say Mendes, he was a clear cut number 2 beside Aldo for a long time...then Conor and Edgar just ruined him.

And Edgar losing to Ortega

...no matter what they achieved.

The obvious one is Rich Franklin and Forest Griffin after Silva. But for me no matter what Eddie Alvarez does now I can’t take him seriously after Conor.
Seriously... I don't give a shit what Alvarez does, it's not gonna change my opinion, even though I know flukes happen, improvement in skills and/or gameplan happen. I just can't overlook that fight.
It's like Schibetta I think it was in Oz when he wanted to team up against the aryans, and even Said wasn't hearin' it, and told him he wouldn't help him because he would "always be Adebisi's bitch".
Same idea for me.

I mean I've never seen someone who got an ass whoopin' so bad that the fighter himself said it looks like he threw the fight - let alone it being someone who is that experienced in high level fights.

I think the first page pointed out the obvious.

Aldo vs McGregor
JDS vs Cain
Stipe vs Ngannou
Rousey vs Holms

z9L7e.gif

Exposed with no gas tank and no chin.

Branding yourself as Very Good; but get your shit shove in like Sardines by the Dean of Mean.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how/ why Jones is better than Overeem. He is, I know, but Overeem is technically better than Jones nearly everywhere (wrestling aside). I guess Jones has that inner Lion that is missing from Overeem.
He never should have fought at light heavyweight. The weight cut and beatings he received took years off of him.

I didn’t buy into the Jones hype at all at the beginning. I thought he had potential but the title shit was too early- his stand up was sloppy and he didn’t have elite wrestling credentials. I always remember seeing an interview with Rashad (who is another excellent candidate in this thread), when the whole beef between him and Jones started because Jones got the title shot, and he said “he’s gonna walk through Shogun”. Turns out Shad was totally right, and knew things I didn’t!
I thought Shogun was going to hammer away at Jones legs until he couldnt stand up anymore
The OSP KO hurt more

Back