Fighters beaten so badly you could never look at them the same after...

bighominick.jpg

Frank Mir destroyed my faith in Brock's ground game.

Shane Carwin destroyed my faith in Brock's standing ability.

Cain Velasquez restored my faith in Brock's break-dancing skills.

Should of put up the Carwin beat down instead.

Aldo

Conor ruined that aura
It is weird to think how we thought of Aldo, like an indestructible machine, like MM fighting Carioso at FW. Combat sports is the only place where the aura that took a decade to build up is shattered in 13 sec.

Ever since Anderson Silva got heelhooked by Ryo Chonan.

Ronda, Shogun losing to Jones, Frankling to Silva, Wand once he hit the UFC.

JDS gave Carwin a brutal beating that was essentially the end of his career, then Cain gave the same brutal beating to JDS twice

...no matter what they achieved.

The obvious one is Rich Franklin and Forest Griffin after Silva. But for me no matter what Eddie Alvarez does now I can’t take him seriously after Conor.

and i like Fedor

il04CG.gif
4_medium_medium.gif

That fight changed how I viewed Arona forever, not Saku in the slightest. Fuck Arona.

True that was fucked up when he was digging in his cuts and eyes and shit

Still would have loved to see more of him than we did though

Probably counter to the original intent of the thread, but my respect for Robbie and Rory grew (and fighters in general) grew from watching this war:

image92-576x445.jpg

I mean, he still looks like him, but his fight vs. Arona aged Sakuraba by about 15 years.

and i like Fedor

il04CG.gif
4_medium_medium.gif

I forgot about that Henderson fight. I would have picked Fedor in a rematch with either Werdum or Bigfoot, but Hendo dropped an H-bomb on those hopes. That really was the end of the Fedor era.

Back