Fighters beaten so badly you could never look at them the same after...

I thought Rockhold ended Weidmans career for good. That one was hard to watch, and I'm no fan of either.

Probably counter to the original intent of the thread, but my respect for Robbie and Rory grew (and fighters in general) grew from watching this war:

image92-576x445.jpg

This would be perfect in a thread title "Fighters beaten so badly the never looked the same after" though

Rory's face has never truly recovered from that war

Actually I'm surprised Robbie's lip doesn't still look fucked too

Mirko ruined wand too. Brutal

Speaking of Mirko...

method=get&s=gabriel-gonzaga-napao-cro-cop-mirko-filipovic.gif

IIRC, Gonzaga was supposed to be a mere formality to justify giving Cro Cop a title shot. I was never able to take Cro Cop seriously after he got "Cro-Copped" by a fat guy.

Speaking of Mirko...

IIRC, Gonzaga was supposed to be a mere formality to justify giving Cro Cop a title shot. I was never able to take Cro Cop seriously after he got "Cro-Copped" by a fat guy.
Why would it matter if you fat or not in HW? its preety clear that the best guys have some fat on them at HW

Speaking of Mirko...

I liked the rematch better a way past it mirko beat gabe easily

Conor made Alvarez look like a retard. It was like he couldn't do shit to the champ a division lower. That shit was embarrassing.

Reminds me of when Frankie lost 2 title fights in a row....moved down and lost a third.

Why would it matter if you fat or not in HW? its preety clear that the best guys have some fat on them at HW

Technically it doesn't matter. But the optics of it... People naturally expect the buff guy to beat the fat dough boy. Just like when Mariusz Pudskzkcicwxzy fought Tim Sylvia. We all should have known that was a squash match. Tim even looked like a squash. So when Pudz lost, all the hype around the "World's Strongest Man" instantly disappeared.

TJ destroyed the whole invincible barao thing, which was hyped up due to being training partners with aldo

Great thread. All of my immediate choices are already here but I'll list em anyway
Brock Cain
Ronda Holly
Silva weidman
Conor Aldo

I'll also be interested to see how Ngannou and Garbrandt's careers play out after their respective ass whoopings

Gavin Tucker is a really exciting prospect, but after getting whooped by Rick Glenn, I don't know how seriously I'll be able to take him again.

TJ ruined Baraõ, and turned him into a Top15 at best.

Conor slapped up Eddie so bad, I have trouble remembering how good Eddie is.

Back