Fighters beaten so badly you could never look at them the same after...

Can’t brlieve I forgot this one. Possibly the most crushing defeat of all. A brutal TKO and a submission from punches all at the same time. And what’s funny to me is how quiet the Shogun camp were about a rematch. They never once called for it to my knowledge.

Shogun injured his knee again in the lead up to this fight. He was originally supposed to figh rashad evans.

Besides jones was roided probably :D

Shogun injured his knee again in the lead up to this fight. He was originally supposed to figh rashad evans.

Besides jones was roided probably :D

More like the second Coleman fight to me, Shogun was clearly gassed by the time he stood back up 4 mins into the fight and we'd seen he like anyone can be beaten down in that state vs Forrest years before. Jones fans tend to hype that match as some conclusive technical dominance but again it was clearly cardio as the biggest factor.

Honestly Chael wasn't really THAT unexpected either, you watch Shogun's career and he always had a tendancy to leave his head in for the choke so its not hard to believe a bit of decline could allow someone like Sonnen to get it.

Ironically even though he won I felt the Vera fight was one of the worst signs for him, when it became clear he just didn't have anything like the mobility of the old Shogun and couldn't threaten on the ground at all.

Last edited:
conor after diaz 1, i never viewed conor the same after

More like the second Coleman fight to me, Shogun was clearly gassed by the time he stood back up 4 mins into the fight and we'd seen he like anyone can be beaten down in that state vs Forrest years before.

Honestly Chael wasn't really THAT unexpected either, you watch Shogun's career and he always had a tendancy to leave his head in for the choke so its not hard to believe a bit of decline could allow someone like Sonnen to get it.

The coleman fight was bad but he came back to form the next fight and at least he won that fight. The chael fight.

<{cruzshake}>

The coleman fight was bad but he came back to form the next fight and at least he won that fight. The chael fight.

<{cruzshake}>

I mean in the sense that both vs Coleman and Jones he was coming off of a long(although arguably not long enough) ACL injury layoff and showed poor cardio gassing in a round or less.

The idea Jones was beating a fresh Shogun up the entire fight really isn't true at all, if anything I think it highlighted Rua's toughness that he lasted another round and a half.

Never look at the same way? Well, we never got a look at all until her fist match and it was against Shevchenko. How will that girls G meter ever get back to center after 300-2 strikes?

She took everyone of them but I had to change channels. Can't watch slighter of farm animals nor female digters
I know that weed makes you slow but I can’t understand this post...

Watching Shogun get ground out and stopped by Forrest forever changed my image of him.

He was never the monster from the Pride GP again after that for me.

Definitely! But it was the same with all those Pride dudes. The only guys who really lived up was Anderson, Rampage and Hendo

aq1S4ah.gif

nate_diaz_submits_conor_mcgregor_the_finish.gif

giphy.gif

mFFuBvC.jpg

Has Nate ever been champion?

Anderson Silva took a world champion from a higher weight class and turned him into a meme. Nothing stands out more than that.

Definitely! But it was the same with all those Pride dudes. The only guys who really lived up was Anderson, Rampage and Hendo

Yeah seeing Cro Cop getting demolished was bad but what made Shogun's loss so memorable was that it was against Forrest of all people.

At the time Gonzaga was relatively unknown other than the fact that he was a BJJ world champ with a few brutal KOs and only 1 loss at the time. He seemed like the future of the HW division at the time.

Forrest was still the TUF fighter who had the sloppy brawl with Bonnar and his biggest accomplishment at the time was a Tito draw. He was basically a joke and Shogun was the killer and the future of LHW. Everything about the situation was embarassing for Shogun.

Even though he won a UFC title later I could never rectify him being an elite fighter with him getting ground out by Forrest Griffin.

Yeah seeing Cro Cop getting demolished was bad but what made Shogun's loss so memorable was that it was against Forrest of all people.

At the time Gonzaga was relatively unknown other than the fact that he was a BJJ world champ with a few brutal KOs and only 1 loss at the time. He seemed like the future of the HW division at the time.

Forrest was still the TUF fighter who had the sloppy brawl with Bonnar and his biggest accomplishment at the time was a Tito draw. He was basically a joke and Shogun was the killer and the future of LHW. Everything about the situation was embarassing for Shogun.

Even though he won a UFC title later I could never rectify him being an elite fighter with him getting ground out by Forrest Griffin.

True. I actually felt sorry for Forest at the time. Shogun was basically Wanderlei 2.0 at that time. The stuff he did to Overeem and Rampage was scary. But he was a different fighter as soon he entered the UFC. I’d love to say it was his knee problems but...hmmm

Allthough I concider woodley to be champ by all means its hard to think of him as this unbeatable champ after Rory was done with him

Back