Early UFC #229 Estimate Is ...

Yeah those were all Conor's buys as well. Like with Ronda people tuned in to see them lose or win.
Imagine if he would have another solid PPV draw to fight against like GSP.

Nothing against Khabib but before the event he wasn't really a big name. The Diaz's brother are bigger draws than him.
I guess Conor carried over a lot of popularity from the Floyd fight that resulted in so many buys against a "relatively" unknown guy.

So, this fight with PPV and live gate did about what Conor made for the Mayweather fight?

Crazy.

Maybe not quite as much -- Mayweather-McGregor cost more per PPV. Im terms of raw numbers, Mayweather-McGregor would have generated around $500M PPV total, whereas UFC 229 generated about $156M total. Exactly what the PPV distributor cut is can be debated -- it's not as much as it was in the 90's and 2000's (45%), I can guarantee that.

Rumor was Conor got in the neighborhood of $80-100M from the Mayweather fight, all revenue sources included, and that he might earn $40-50M from this fight. So he's probably making half the money, but it's by far the biggest payday for an MMA fighter.

Honestly, maybe more with that brawl. Of course the UFC is appalled by it as its blasted at every promotional second.

I don't think it does more unless something additional occurs to hype.
but 3m for rematch might be realistic

People said the same with the Nate Diaz fight
;)
I know you know the numbers but that was before mayweather and this loss. The feeling I got from casuals was the backs have been turned. He might do one more big one but he better win. Thats not likely against khabib.

Also love the new quote

I know you know the numbers but that was before mayweather and this loss. The feeling I got from casuals was the backs have been turned. He might do one more big one but he better win. Thats not likely against khabib.

Also love the new quote

Whatever casuals that Conor might have lost by losing, they got back more from the post fight craziness.
The revenge fight vs Khabib is huge

Dave meltzer is reporting it so I believe the number. Crazy. get ready for the rematch

Not saying khabib is a super star on his own but it takes 2 to tango

tenor.gif

Damn. I'm actually very happy for everyone.

Red panty night for everyone.

Red burka night for khabib.

Happy for Conor.

He truly is the GOAT.

Rematch won't do as much

People will
Stream illegally because the fight was not so great the after fight action ruined everything

The casuals won't buy again

2.4million is enormous.

this is why Conor gets away with all his bullshit.

Damn. Both will make serious money in a rematch.

Its disgusting how little they both get out of the revenue that fight generated. That card generated over $100 million+++ and they get guaranteed $5m combined lol.

I know they get ppv points but still thats criminal

Rematch won't do as much

People will
Stream illegally because the fight was not so great the after fight action ruined everything

The casuals won't buy again
<{CMPALM}>

here we go again

why are you people repeating the same shit over and over again?

Knew Dana was Dana-ing when he kept claiming that it was “trending” at well over 3 million buys.

thats 2+million ppl witnessing conor getting abused and humiliated in the ring whilst cheating.
and a free after fight brawl just for the fans, who were getting sick of the ufcs games.

all in all, a great weekend for fight fans!!
borat voice - great success

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back