Early UFC #229 Estimate Is ...

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer (from his newsletter);
Early estimates are more than 2,350,000 buys, with the expectation the number will top 2.4 million.
Added:
1.9 million when it comes to traditional PPV, and around 470,000 to 480,000 estimated on streaming buys.

Last edited:
So, Conor owns 3/4 of the UFCs top PPVs? or would it be 4/5 now?

EDIT: Looked it up. He has ALL OF THE TOP 4 LOL, and 5 of the top 6. Only anomaly being UFC 100, before he was on the scene.

Double edit: Conor has sold a combined 7.9 million PPVs, not even counting the Floyd fight

So, this fight with PPV and live gate did about what Conor made for the Mayweather fight?

Crazy.

giphy.gif

2.35million is a very impressive number for PPV buys in 2018.

Dana will be smiling, he's all about the numbers.

Dana phone call :
"Hey, NSAC, call the fucking dogs off..... Khabib done good. Fine him 50K and 2weeks suspension, we're good. Bank deposit in the Cayman Islands went through 2hours ago. Catch ya soon dudes."

"Hey, NSAC, call the fucking dogs off..... Khabib done good. Fine him 50K and 2weeks suspension, we're good. Bank deposit in the Cayman Islands went through 2hours ago. Catch ya soon dudes."

Nah
I bet DW & WME want him to be penalized a bit. That way they can say "It was the NSAC"
Suspend him 4-6 months & he main events vs Conor in July & they do 3m

So, Conor owns 3/4 of the UFCs top PPVs? or would it be 4/5 now?

EDIT: Looked it up. He has ALL OF THE TOP 4 LOL, and 5 of the top 6. Only anomaly being UFC 100, before he was on the scene.

Double edit: Conor has sold a combined 7.9 million PPVs, not even counting the Floyd fight

You mean khabib...khabib has the highest ppv in mma ever...my man

Dana phone call :
Khabib done good? No Conor done good you goof. Conor is the reason why this fight was as big as it was.

Nah
I bet DW & WME want him to be penalized a bit. That way they can say "It was the NSAC"
Suspend him 4-6 months & he main events vs Conor in July & they do 3m
Yeah I know. They gotta make it look realistic. Bottom line Khabib is gonna have 6months vacay anyway, so he's fine.
It's just business, they'll figure it out, no worries.

You mean khabib...khabib has the highest ppv in mma ever...my man

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

no sir

if it was Khabib vs Ferg headlining, which is still an extraordinary fight I hope we finally get to see one day, the event wouldnt have even touched 700k. Just because you won the fight, doesnt mean you brought the viewers in.

Khabib done good? No Conor done good you goof. Conor is the reason why this fight was as big as it was.
well my post was somewhat satirical.
But yes, Conor is the main driver of huge PPVs I totally agree on that. But some credit has to go to his opponent. Nate vs Conor did 1.6million i think.
Khabib has a big following for sure, just not of the level of Conor. I do understand that, yes indeed.

Weird comparison, but yeah lol
Why is it weird? His take home from that fight was more than the entire PPV and live gate from this fight. What would you expect the entire net gross from each fight to be?

Also, his two highest selling PPV's were fights that most legit fight fans expected him to lose. Goes to show how many noobs he brings in.

Hematch, Guaranteed now.

Thanks @FrankieNYC

its going to be a tricky situation. With Conor shattering records yet AGAIN, he is going to demand even more money. And hes worth it tbh. but we have Khabib saying he will only do it if he gets the biggest purse in UFC history. Could be a bluff, but I can imagine Khabib being dead serious.

No way the UFC can up Conors purse again, and then pay Khabib even MORE than Conor ffs lol

Why is it weird? His take home from that fight was more than the entire PPV and live gate from this fight. What would you expect the entire net gross from each fight to be?

Also, his two highest selling PPV's were fights that most legit fight fans expected him to lose. Goes to show how many noobs he brings in.

its tougher to give a gross for UFC, because they are on TV most of the world & are part of packages already set in stone.
But $125m combined is realistic.

MayMac was $600-650m

Back