Early UFC #229 Estimate Is ...

You're right on the economy : I just checked the GDP of those 3 countries.

MAYBE though the Khabib factor will at least give the UFC an incentive and leverage to re-negotiate their fixed-price deal with Russian TV? @FrankieNYC seems to have a good handle on all this stuff, he may have good input.

Maybe, we'll see. But I'm sceptical how much juice can be squeezed from that particular lemon. Khabib is not ethnically or culturally 'Russian', and as such I suspect that his potential popularity, even in Russia, Is very limited. He is a Dagestani and a Muslim and, fairly or not, that is an issue.

it was very obviously just a joke quote man. C'mon !! Humor is part of what gets us all thru the day.
I'm not alleging anything, it was just a bit of fun, and quite a few people seemed to like it. Sorry if it offended you. No harm intended.

You are aware most sherdoggers are idiots right? You know 5 out of 4 of them can't do basic math and you expect them to figure this out? When you are looking for the lowest common denominator look no further than a Sherdogger.

You are aware most sherdoggers are idiots right? You know 5 out of 4 of them can't do basic math and you expect them to figure this out? When you are looking for the lowest common denominator look no further than a Sherdogger.
Doesn’t matter if we don’t know our 5 out of 4s here on sherdog we only deal with 10s

Doesn’t matter if we don’t know our 5 out of 4s here on sherdog we only deal with 10s

10's? I only deal with 100's. We can play big bank takes little bank any day of the week little man.

Conor Bless

You're right on the economy : I just checked the GDP of those 3 countries.

MAYBE though the Khabib factor will at least give the UFC an incentive and leverage to re-negotiate their fixed-price deal with Russian TV? @FrankieNYC seems to have a good handle on all this stuff, he may have good input.

Hey man
Thanks for the tag
I don't know what they get from Russian TV, but if its $12m per, that is a huge deal.
It does not sound like much, bc its compared to US.
But it is & you must realize that is 90% profit because everything is paid for outside of the minimal Russian staffing they need.

If that happens, that's an additional (potential) 66million population that might buy PPV. That's good business sense from the UFC : Try to get every major nation that tends to watch MMA, converted to a PPV-model.

There is no "if"
UK is getting some events on PPV
Since WME own the streaming service they will be on (UK) they can pick & choose what fights to be on PPV

yes indeed on the Khabib Instagram followers.
And it was only like 11.5million just 2 or 3 days ago.

So....the RATE that it is climbing at is in fact higher than other major UFC players. His Instagram followers in now around 42% of the McGregor number. So that is very significant, and UFC will know that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Khabib hit 15million Instagram followers within maybe a month or even less. UFC do check these numbers.

Yes, they will. What's interesting about Khabib is that other guys who got the rub from McGregor didn't explode nearly as much, even after beating him.

Look at Diaz, who McGregor has fought two times, Khabib has 4 times for followers.

Back