During his 10 year streak, how many times Fedor absorbed hard strikes in the head standing?

You deliberately forget to mention both Arlovski and Silvia were EX Champs in the UFC ergo past their prime. The other K1 strikers you refer to were just that, one dimensional strikers, I guess you are claiming Coutures win over Toney was a real achievement? Rogers was a novice, and he embarassed Fedor. Big Nog is the only MMA fighter on your list, and he is a guy with no KO power and not a 'good boxer' as you suggest, he is a BJJ expert, please don't comment unless you know your facts. The only elusiveness Fedor displayed during his career was in avoiding the top guys in the UFC over and over, until enough of them switched organisationso they could get their hands on him, resulting in three back to back losses. Its also sad the Russian MMA assosciation doesn't recognise the overturned Maldonado decision, shows how desperate they are to protect this fraudulent record.
Lol. Arlovski as 29, on a 5-fight win streak(Nelson, Rothwell, Werdum etc), and ranked in the top 5 in whatever mma rankings site you care to source. He was at his absolute peak, and the definition of "not a can".

Timmeh, while perhaps a half-step behind his best, was 32, ranked(I Beleive top 5 but not certain), and literally his last fight before Fedor was a competitive loss for UFC gold.

Rogers was a prospect, 8-0, coming off a top 5 ranked 1st round ko. He had a comparable mma resume to Carwin when he first fought for UFC gold, and easily a better one than Brock. The fact that he was a one-hit wonder is irrelevant after the fact.

Big Nog is the second best hw of all time(#3 at absolute worst); Fedor dominated him from bell to bell twice.

I could go on...point is, blind haters/revisionists always fail to add context. Honestly, I should've stopped reading when you implied the old "Arlovski/Sylvia were UFC rejects" line.

Getting cracked by Fujita might be Fedor's most incredible feat. Did that guy ever catch anyone else with a pulse?

IDC if you agree with me or not, but to exclude Jones from GOAT status and include Fedor is bullshit imo. Fedor was never under strict testing as Jones for his career. That is my point. I know you do not agree with it and I will leave it at that. Cheers!
What the hell does Jon Jones have to do with Fedor? They're in different weight classes and from different eras.

Can't you just admit both are greats?

Are you being serious? So do you feel Ben asswrench is the ww goat? I'm not fedor hating he had a great career and it's hard to argue against him being the hw goat but the comp level and lack of drug tests and know fight fixing where he fought is sketchy
What does the lack of drug tests mean? Everybody was on an even standing if they were using, so that point makes no sense. And the fight fixing stuff was before Pride became the top organization. From 1997-2000 Pride didn't know whether it was a full blown MMA organization or a hybrid with Puroresu guys; a lot of those Puroresu guys had joined the new wave of MMA with stuff like Pancrase and weren't fixing their matches. The only fixed fights involved Nobuhiko Takada, and MAYBE Koji Kitao vs Nathan Jones, since they were both pro wrestlers. Even that was likely not a fix, as Kitao had participated in 2 legitimate fights before, one in the UFC. Thus only 1 proven fixed fight, the Coleman vs Takada fight and a big question mark in the Takada vs Kyle Sturgeon fight, which he likely fixed to set up his real rematch against Rickson. Once they absorbed the RINGS roster all that shit was gone and Takada would only periodically come back to get his ass beat.

And enough with the BS "Fedor only fought cans" bullshit. The only can he fought in Pride was Zuluzinho during a New Years Eve exhibition match event. The rest were all proven top 10 Pride Heavyweights, with the exception of Ogawa, who hadn't had enough top fights to be considered top 10, but was definitely a legit dude and won his way to the semi-finals of the Heavyweight Grand Prix where he was matched with Fedor in the tournament after fan voting. Then Fujita, who wasn't top 10 anymore at that point, but was previously, had legit wins and was an Olympic level wrestler.

The cans he fought outside Pride were Yuji Nagata, another New Years Eve exhibition he did for Inoki, as Pride was holding off on making big matchups until a few months later when the Heavyweight Grand Prix started, and Hong Man Choi after Pride folded, which was the same thing, a New Years Eve event to celebrate the end of Pride. He then destroyed 2 of the UFC's top 3 Heavyweights in Sylvia and Arlovski. This can crushing myth is getting ridiculous.

Lol. Arlovski as 29, on a 5-fight win streak(Nelson, Rothwell, Werdum etc), and ranked in the top 5 in whatever mma rankings site you care to source. He was at his absolute peak, and the definition of "not a can".

Timmeh, while perhaps a half-step behind his best, was 32, ranked(I Beleive top 5 but not certain), and literally his last fight before Fedor was a competitive loss for UFC gold.

Rogers was a prospect, 8-0, coming off a top 5 ranked 1st round ko. He had a comparable mma resume to Carwin when he first fought for UFC gold, and easily a better one than Brock. The fact that he was a one-hit wonder is irrelevant after the fact.

Big Nog is the second best hw of all time(#3 at absolute worst); Fedor dominated him from bell to bell twice.

I could go on...point is, blind haters/revisionists always fail to add context. Honestly, I should've stopped reading when you implied the old "Arlovski/Sylvia were UFC rejects" line.
rogers was 10-0 after the arlovski 20 second TKO. he was ranked 5 on sherdog if i remember

When was he drug tested under MMA? For some reason that stubborn, pesky USADA site is not showing Fedor being tested...

https://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

I went back to 2012 and no Fedor...hmmmmmm

So... you're saying Fedor's career doesn't count because MMA didn't have USADA back then?

Then all of MMA before 2015 doesn't count.

You sound like your favorite fighter is probably suspended by USADA.

Sure I am a child, good argument ya donk. So it wasn't damage that caused Fedor to get out of prime conveniently right before he started losing, it was age?

Here is the list of champs in the UFC and ages...

HW Champ Stipe 35 years old
LHW Champ DC 38 years old
MW Champ GSP 36 years old
WW Champ 35 years old
LW Champ El Cucuy 33 years old
FW Champ Max 25 years old
BW Champ TJ 31 years old
Flyweight Champ MM 31 years old

Average age of UFC champs are 33 years old. There is only a handful of sherdoggers that do not see the logic in this, and they are all Fedor fans...ironic???
Since you confirmed you’re a kid I won’t be a bully. If you couldn’t see the athletic decline of Fedor from YouTube (since you weren’t around for his prime nor his decline) then my posts won’t change your mind. I will point out that in your examples 3 are as young as Fedor was when he was still dominant and Tyron and Tony could just as easily decline from here. GSP could be retired within a year. The point is that everyone is different and anyone mid to late 30s and still “prime” is absolutely the exception as you can see by simply looking at the rest of the roster or former roster.

People love to say that Hongman Choi was a can, but forget that extreme physical features can be hard to overcome. Look at Brock becoming champ so quickly with little training, Sapp beating Hoost in kickboxing etc. I bet plenty of HWs would struggle with him!

fedor-emelianenko-vs-choi-hong-man1.jpg
Was gonna say hongman landed some weird shot but had to hurt

Since you confirmed you’re a kid I won’t be a bully. If you couldn’t see the athletic decline of Fedor from YouTube (since you weren’t around for his prime nor his decline) then my posts won’t change your mind. I will point out that in your examples 3 are as young as Fedor was when he was still dominant and Tyron and Tony could just as easily decline from here. GSP could be retired within a year. The point is that everyone is different and anyone mid to late 30s and still “prime” is absolutely the exception as you can see by simply looking at the rest of the roster or former roster.

Nah your post will not change my mind. I have outlined facts and reason, you are just giving your shitty opinion which I obviously do not value. "Everyone is different", ya don't say?!?!? "GSP could be retired within a year", yeah but he is 36 and still whooping ass against MW champ 30-7 fighters while Fedor was fighting 2-0 Jaideep (now 2-3) at that age. Average age is 33 of UFC champs and I foresee these guys continuing to whoop ass and keep winning, only one I could see losing is Tyron. My point being is that Fedor fanboys cannot dismiss losing 3 in a row to being out of prime since he did not take much punishment during his MMA career and obviously the age of prime champs can def be well into their mid to late 30's.

Fedor's style benefitted greatly from the fact that Pride threw together last minute matches (often times for 1 side but not the other too). He was incredibly talented, but also incredibly sloppy, and he was very often fighting guys who had had weeks (if even that) to prepare for him and his tendencies, rather than guys who have been focused exclusively on Fedor for months. It's harder to plan to make someone pay for their repeated mistakes if you haven't practiced precisely to do that.

His nuthuggers will cry about his prime, but IMO it's hardly a coincidence that many of his hardest fights ended up being the ones scheduled months in advance.

You have no point. It was equally challenging for Fedor to prepare for his opponents.

If he wasn’t touched much than he didn’t take much punishment??? His prime should have been over 33 years old or whatever age he started losing amirite? Yet his imbecile nut gobblers will state he started losing cuz he was out of prime! Even tho as you stated, he didn’t take any damage during his careee right? Lol let’s see the backpedaling begin!
Are you insane? Actual age is important, sure, but fighting age is far more important. The reason Couture was able to fight at the elite level into his deep 40s is because he didn't even start fighting until he was 34 years old. Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort are the ones that people point to as guys who fought for 2 decades but still is pretty good, yet were notorious for using TRT methods to stop their bodies from aging. Look what happened to them after the TRT wore off. Most of the damage fighters take is from training, and more fights = more heavy training camps, more injuries, and less fight years, and training in the early 2000s was not at fine-tuned as it is today. It has a far bigger impact on a fighter than actual age until you reach your 40s. Look at the entire Chute Boxe roster; most of them had only half the career they should've had because of their idiotic training methods where they would constantly do full force sparring and KO each other in training. Anderson was one of the lucky ones, since he left Chute Boxe right as he hit his prime, and now it seems he was likely cheating the entire time and using steroids to prolong his career.

And then what Heavyweights do you know that didn't fade after 10 years? Hell, what fighters in general didn't fade after 10 years? Werdum is one of the few heavyweights that have stayed near the top after over 10 years as he reaches his 15th year, yet he currently has the same amount of fights Fedor had back when he fought Sylvia 10 years ago in Fedor's 8th year in MMA; Fedor literally fought twice as much as Werdum in his Prime. Never mind his years in Sambo, which is essentially the same thing.

To put this is perspective, Stipe Miocic has 8 years of fighting and the same amount of fights that Fedor had in just 4 years, and that's even counting the one night tournaments as a single fight. How about Cain Velasquez, who Sherdog noobs were jizzing over for years as the new GOAT? Dude has 10 years of fighting and the same amount of fights Fedor had after 3 years. Even if you subtract the 2 years Cain was injured (hmm why was he injured? Was it from fight damage or.... oh that's right, training damage) it's still 8 years to Fedor's 3.

This post is stupid and you should be ashamed.

Nah your post will not change my mind. I have outlined facts and reason, you are just giving your shitty opinion which I obviously do not value. "Everyone is different", ya don't say?!?!? "GSP could be retired within a year", yeah but he is 36 and still whooping ass against MW champ 30-7 fighters while Fedor was fighting 2-0 Jaideep (now 2-3) at that age. Average age is 33 of UFC champs and I foresee these guys continuing to whoop ass and keep winning, only one I could see losing is Tyron. My point being is that Fedor fanboys cannot dismiss losing 3 in a row to being out of prime since he did not take much punishment during his MMA career and obviously the age of prime champs can def be well into their mid to late 30's.
You seem to be getting pretty worked up. If I cared a little more I’d list some of the thousands of athletes including fighters who fell off in their early thirties along with the wider than just current data about the majority of top ranked fighters being around 31 years old and starting to decline afterwards. You have google too so go for it.
You’re right about current ages but you’re also right about CAN because it makes my same point about everyone being different and that some (most) are not in their prime at that age.

Are you insane? Actual age is important, sure, but fighting age is far more important. The reason Couture was able to fight at the elite level into his deep 40s is because he didn't even start fighting until he was 34 years old. Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort are the ones that people point to as guys who fought for 2 decades but still is pretty good, yet were notorious for using TRT methods to stop their bodies from aging. Look what happened to them after the TRT wore off. Most of the damage fighters take is from training, and more fights = more heavy training camps, more injuries, and less fight years, and training in the early 2000s was not at fine-tuned as it is today. It has a far bigger impact on a fighter than actual age until you reach your 40s. Look at the entire Chute Boxe roster; most of them had only half the career they should've had because of their idiotic training methods where they would constantly do full force sparring and KO each other in training.

And then what Heavyweights do you know that didn't fade after 10 years? Hell, what fighters in general didn't fade after 10 years? Werdum is one of the few heavyweights that have stayed near the top after over 10 years as he reaches his 15th year, yet he currently has the same amount of fights Fedor had back when he fought Sylvia 10 years ago in Fedor's 8th year in MMA; Fedor literally fought twice as much as Werdum in his Prime. Never mind his years in Sambo, which is essentially the same thing.

To put this is perspective, Stipe Miocic has 8 years of fighting and the same amount of fights that Fedor had in just 4 years, and that's even counting the one night tournaments as a single fight. How about Cain Velasquez, who Sherdog noobs were jizzing over for years as the new GOAT? Dude has 10 years of fighting and the same amount of fights Fedor had after 3 years. Even if you subtract the 2 years Cain was injured (hmm why was he injured? Was it from fight damage or.... oh that's right, training damage) it's still 8 years to Fedor's 3.

This post is stupid and you should be ashamed.

HWs that didn’t fade after 10 years? Serious? Let me put your novel shit post to shame!

1). Stipe is 35 and has fought amateur and pro for 11 years, before that was boxing for some time as well as a d1 wrestler.
2). Overeem 37 and has been fighting professionally for 18 years and nearly 60 fights along with shit ton of kickboxing matches.
3). Werdum 40 and has been fighting for 15 years and 30 fights plus ADCC.
4). Cain, 35 with only 16 fights but wrestled at the highest level and well hope he gets back to top shape. May fight for title in 2018.
5). JDS 33 and has been fighting for 11 years, just lost to #1 guy in last fight. Anticipate he will get back on track in 2018.
6). Rothwell 36 and has been fighting pro for 16 years and 46 fights.
7). Barnett 40 and has been fighting for 20 years and 43 fights.
8). Francis is a young gun at 31.
9). Minakov is 32 fighting for 7 years with 20 fights.
10). Hunt 43 years old and has been fighting for 13 years with 24 fights plus kickboxing matches as well.

8/10 hws are over 33 years old and still fighting top comp and winning. Look at the fucking top 3: 35, 37, and 40. Since they were in more wars than fedor, ya know since the whole premise of this thread…what’s fedors excuse???
So now that your age prime shit was crushed with facts, what you say??!

You seem to be getting pretty worked up. If I cared a little more I’d list some of the thousands of athletes including fighters who fell off in their early thirties along with the wider than just current data about the majority of top ranked fighters being around 31 years old and starting to decline afterwards. You have google too so go for it.
You’re right about current ages but you’re also right about CAN because it makes my same point about everyone being different and that some (most) are not in their prime at that age.

Not mma ya donk, especially HW…see above post for FACTS.

]

GSP was fighting the best fighters in the world at WW from his 6th MMA fight until his 28th fight minus a few fights.

From August 2007 - present, GSP has not lost and held the WW and MW title. 10 years. lol
Fedor was also fighting top ranked guys.

The guys Fedor fought were much more dangerous too.

Nog is more dangerous and better striker than Hughes

Cro Cop is the best striker ever while Shields is terrible striker(but amazing grappler)

Sylvia is much bigger relatively and has much more KO power than Bisping.

BJ Penn and Arlovski are both awesome but Arlovski has more KO power and was much taller than Fedor. Penn broke GSap's nose despite being smaller

Condit is a great WW and a better fighter at the time than Mark Hunt was but Hunt outweighed Fedor by 70 pounds and we all know Hunt's KO power and GOAT chin.

Fitch was a decent LNP grappler but Kevin Randleman was a former UFC HW champ, extremely high level all American wrestler, freakish athlete, probably the best athlete in MMA history, roided to the gills, KO power, extremely fast and strong and explosive.

Fedor absolutely fought the more dangerous fighters.

You have no point. It was equally challenging for Fedor to prepare for his opponents.

Clearly you didn't properly read my post. I said Fedor was incredibly talented AND incredibly sloppy. The short noticeness of his fights was beneficial because he was very good and could win with his skill set AND because his opponents couldn't properly prepare for his bad tendencies, which might be their best chance to overcome him. If you're a very good fighter with bad tendencies, but your opponent doesn't get to train for those tendencies, then the likelihood of those repeated mistakes being specifically countered in a fight is diminished.

Because yes, Fedor did have very bad tendencies which SHOULD have been exploited more often. And they coincidentally DID start getting exploited against the more prepared opponents. That rush in against Fujita and Maldonaldo which both saw him get put on queer street are nearly identical, separated by over a decade. That's not a prime mistake, that's a repeated technical mistake. The difference being that Fujita threw it blind and Maldonaldo was waiting for it.

It's not at all discrediting Fedor for winning shorter notice fights. Obviously he wouldn't be as prepared for the guy in front of him either (well that's debateable actually considering we know Pride would often tell one fighter in advance but not the other). But when you're very skilled and your opponent can't properly prepare for your mistakes that's beneficial. But of course the Fedor fanatics have to throw up a fervor for not calling him an infallible god.

]

GSP was fighting the best fighters in the world at WW from his 6th MMA fight until his 28th fight minus a few fights.

From August 2007 - present, GSP has not lost and held the WW and MW title. 10 years. lol

LOL.

So a '10 year reign' includes 4 years of not even competing. Brilliant comparison, Einstein.

You need to look at the names you are referencing? Rogers, a novice, Mirko, exposed in UFC, Koshaka a 5ft 11 Light heavy, Fujita, a guy Wandy knocked out. Fedors competition was poor as hell, he fought middleweights regularly, never once tested himself in the UFC, a padded recrd to say the least, christ even Maldonado battered him recently, thats after getting KO'd by a middle weight (Hendo) and destroyed by Bigfoot (who himself was over the hill and chinny as hell). Fedor fans dream of some mythical figure, but in truth he fought freak shows, middleweights and some novices throughout his career all to pad a record which some people deem legendary. Realistically he fought 4 or 5 decent guys (Coeman, Randleman, Big nog, Goodridge), he then aboided all the top fighters in the UFC and when other organisations began to get more depth, he got found out.

What a horrible shit post.

Fedor fought in PRIDE who had the best HW division in the world for several years.

Only guys worth a damn in UFC were Arlovski and Sylvia and Fedor fucked them up in Affliction.

Yes Lindland, a MW that Fedor chose to fight, the guy padded his record for years, Lindland was an example of that.

What about GSP fighting Ivan Menjivar? You know how fucking small he is? Like a Bantamweight.

You deliberately forget to mention both Arlovski and Silvia were EX Champs in the UFC ergo past their prime. The other K1 strikers you refer to were just that, one dimensional strikers, I guess you are claiming Coutures win over Toney was a real achievement? Rogers was a novice, and he embarassed Fedor. Big Nog is the only MMA fighter on your list, and he is a guy with no KO power and not a 'good boxer' as you suggest, he is a BJJ expert, please don't comment unless you know your facts. The only elusiveness Fedor displayed during his career was in avoiding the top guys in the UFC over and over, until enough of them switched organisationso they could get their hands on him, resulting in three back to back losses. Its also sad the Russian MMA assosciation doesn't recognise the overturned Maldonado decision, shows how desperate they are to protect this fraudulent record.

Arlovski was on a 5 fight win streak going into Fedor fight. Arlovski had just beat Werdum and stopped Nelson and Rothwell. Arlovski was on fire around that time. Lay off the crack.

Cro Cop had great takedown defense and destroyed Barnett 3x and Aleks. He is one if the best HWs ever.

Hunt and Schilt are more dangerous strikers and have better takedown defense than Condit and Diaz.

This thread is about avoiding strikes. Who are the best strikers GSP ever fought? Spratt, Condit, Diaz, Alves, Bisping. Not bad but nothing compared to Cro Cop, Hunt, Arlovski, Schilt and Sylvia. Only Alves and Bisping had decent takedown defense. GSP never fought a dangerous striker with both the standup skills and takedown defense of Cro Cop and Arlovski.
Bruh you follow me into each thread, stalker much!??!

I just love how its double standards..."fedor never got hit that is why he was the goat for 10 years zomg" but when we bring up his losses at fucking 33 years old its "dude you even know prime, he was in battles, sambo, blah blah blah".

And stop with your fake GSP support, you passively aggressive shit on him every chance you get. Was coming out of retirement after 4 years to fight 30-7 MW champ Bisping MUCH MORE impressive than coming out of retirement to fight 2-0 Jaideep (now 2-3)?!?!?

Funny how you hate Fedor so much but you seem to be in every Fedor thread.

<Fedor23>

Everyone loses after 10 years. GSP only beat 38 year old even more shot Bisping.

If GSP fights Whittaker it might look like Penn/Yair or Fedor/Mitrione.

Back