During his 10 year streak, how many times Fedor absorbed hard strikes in the head standing?

If he wasn’t touched much than he didn’t take much punishment??? His prime should have been over 33 years old or whatever age he started losing amirite? Yet his imbecile nut gobblers will state he started losing cuz he was out of prime! Even tho as you stated, he didn’t take any damage during his careee right? Lol let’s see the backpedaling begin!

There's nothing to refute or backpedal from, because you forgot that Fedor accumulated the majority of his injuries from training or from breaking his hands throwing punches. During the Mark Hunt fight, Fedor had a broken foot and during training his coaches sat him down in front of a punching bag, since he couldn't run. His grip started to deteriorate as well so he couldn't grapple with the same strength. He lost strength and muscle definition, his reflexes declined, he would take extra time for recovery instead of training and his mindset changed from soviet discipline to orthodox superstition. Similar to Tyson, we have a snapshot of someone so elite and above the pack that they were in a class of their own, and that's what his fans remember.

Fedor was also fighting top ranked guys.

The guys Fedor fought were much more dangerous too.

Nog is more dangerous and better striker than Hughes

Cro Cop is the best striker ever while Shields is terrible striker(but amazing grappler)

Sylvia is much bigger relatively and has much more KO power than Bisping.

BJ Penn and Arlovski are both awesome but Arlovski has more KO power and was much taller than Fedor. Penn broke GSap's nose despite being smaller

Condit is a great WW and a better fighter at the time than Mark Hunt was but Hunt outweighed Fedor by 70 pounds and we all know Hunt's KO power and GOAT chin.

Fitch was a decent LNP grappler but Kevin Randleman was a former UFC HW champ, extremely high level all American wrestler, freakish athlete, probably the best athlete in MMA history, roided to the gills, KO power, extremely fast and strong and explosive.

Fedor absolutely fought the more dangerous fighters.
You just compared Cro cop to JAKE SHIELDS . .... Thiago Alves in his prime was about as dangerous of a WW as you could fight and he got dominated

You just compared Cro cop to JAKE SHIELDS . .... Thiago Alves in his prime was about as dangerous of a WW as you could fight and he got dominated
I was just comparing top wins and this thread is about avoiding strikes. Hughes and Shields were GSP's two best wins and Nog and Cro Cop were Fedor's 2 best wins.

You said and I quote “what heavyweight do you know that didn’t fade after 10 years”. I’d say that the fighters listed above are doing just fine being in the top 10 and MUCH OLDER THAN FEDOR while majority fought for 10 years plus competed in an alternate martial art/combat sport…especially the #1 and #2 guy. So what is your excuse now? He didn’t take much damage during his career and started losing at a youngish age.
Stop with your bullshit leading questions like "what is your excuse now"? Don't fucking try to lead me because your argument stinks. Those fighters are only doing decent because they're fighting each other; what is so hard to understand about that?

Let's look at how "well" they're doing. Barnett got beat horribly by Travis Browne, who's a complete joke, and has only fought 4 times in the last 4 years, with 2 wins over over-the-hill Arlovski and Roy Nelson who was 3-7 before he got cut; he's faded as hell despite the steroids which he just got caught using yet again for the 4th time a year ago and hasn't fought since; that's not doing well.

Rothwell was doing decently ok against other older guys like Overeem and Barnett, with a good win over Mitrione, yet was only fighting 1.2 times per year on average for the last 8 years and just got popped for steroids yet again; that's not doing well. To put this in perspective, Fedor was fighting 3.25 times a year on average for over 12 years before his retirement and then later return. Rothwell may have started out actively when he was fighting regional-level bums, but Fedor was even more active while fighting the top 10 for over 10 years.

JDS just failed a drug test under USADA, was 3-4 over the last 5 years and looked atrocious against Stipe; that's not doing well.

*All 3 of those guys have been removed from UFC rankings because of their cheating.

Hunt just got beat down by a guy who hadn't fought in 5 years, and his only wins in the last 4 years were against old bums like Mir and Bigfoot Silva, and wins over mid-level talent in Roy Nelson and Derrick Lewis; he's 4-4-1, that's not doing well.

Cain has only fought 1 single member of the current top 10, in which he lost to Werdum, two years ago, didn't fight for another year when he beat fringe #14 Travis Browne, and hasn't fought in a year and a half. Was deemed fucking medically unfit to fight a year ago due to bone spurts in his back. Has fought only 3 times in 4 years, and when he was fighting somewhat regularly, he fought the same 2 guys over a period of 4 whole years. In 10 years has fought the same amount of fights that Fedor had in just 3 years. That's not doing well.

Overeem is doing pretty well; years of steroid use will definitely lengthen your career. Even then, his wins are coming against those faded guys like Hunt, JDS, Roy Nelson, Arlovski, mid-level talent like Struve and his one good win against Werdum. Let's not pretend he's anything like Ubereem.

Werdum is doing very well. That will happen when you fight at half the rate of people like Fedor. As I stated, he's 15 years into his career and has fought as much as Fedor did in 8 years. His last two opponents, however, were nobodies, one being a last minute replacement, Walt Harris, a mid-level guy with a 4-6 UFC record. Tybura is only ranked #8 because Barnett, Rothwell and JDS all popped for steroids, bumping him up.

Stipe is also doing very well. Again, that will happen when you fight at half the rate of people like Fedor, and when you're fighting over-the-hill competition. He's the king of an immensely weak Heavyweight division with no future contenders other than Ngannou lined up. Minakov is a decent contender but is out fucking around in Russia fighting bums. Stipe fought a couple amateur bouts in 2006-08 then nothing for 2 years before turning pro, so don't pretend he's been active for 10 years. Fedor was fighting ADCC champions and future top 3 guys by his 4th fight, that's not some amateur hobbyist bullshit.

Again, you don't seem to grasp how fight years work. If I fought once in 2008 then once again in 2018, that doesn't mean I've been actively training and fighting for 10 years.

Last edited:
33 fights.

Fujita rocked him, Mirko landed few, maybe Rogers. Illegal elbow by Koshaka? Any others?

This thread is for noobs and haters who fail to understand how amazing Fedor was. Did I mention 33 fights?
Kind of hard to get hit when you are fighting terrible fighters. Fedors strikeforce appearances showed how good he really is.

There are merits too both sides. Fedor's decline was caused by a combination of factors, not just 1 thing. His ability to absorb punishment, his decline in speed, the evolution of his opponents, his loss of motivation, seeing certain patterns.

But he was the MAN for 10 years in the scariest division. A juiced up 280 lb man's sloppy shots are scarier than a lightweights precise shots. It's amazing he didn't get stopped sooner

Man , rogers looked like a SCARED man that entire overreem fight
And I don't blame him.
He fought fucking Fedor, and up until then, he had not tasted defeat (winning all his fights via (T)KO).
And Fedor not only won, but put him to sleep with a nasty punch!
ta5thh.gif

And most fighters, when losing like that, they start doubting themselves.
I can only imagine what was going through his head when he saw AO across the octagon.

IMO this is why he could not get back to his dominant ways.

he fought more frequent than all other GOAT contenders.
Even if you take out the cans, he probably still had more fights than them as well, and no cans for you to devalue his win.

Oh, and BTW, Silva lost to underrated guy and lost.
GSP fought against serra and lost.
Jon Jones almost lost to fucking SOnnen.

The above is not to beat on them. Just to point out one thing:
In MMA, one swing that hits the target, can make you lose a fight you would normally win.
WHen you fight cans, the risk is still there. Just look at Luke, who is twice the fighter Bisping is, but got caught.

And in the HW division this is a lot harder, because anyone can KO anyone else due to their increased power.
And Fedor survived against Cans and top opponents alike, NEVER losing for 10 years.

So, to try and discount his wins is beyond weak if you are honest with yourself and take the above into consideration..
Dude I can agree with everything you said except for sonnen almost beating jones. He got smashed every second of that fight and I know why u say he almost won and it's bc jones toe fell off. If it went to another round yeah it would have been a doctor stoppage but don't act like sonnen was doing anything. Dude I look at things objectively not blindly.

Sorry, but winning one or two fights can be a fluke.
Winning 10 fights in the HW division (including a win over AA) is not really a fluke.
He was legit. And then Fedor took his soul... ands AO finished the job.
Sorry to disagree but yes it can be especially in the hw division. When. He took out AA I was impressed big time. Then he took fedor into the deep end and smashed him for a round then got put in his place. Reem came in and proved he was a fluke and then the dude started losing to everyone and touching dudes wieners. He was a fluke. He had a great win in AA but it was a fluke.

Not many did . SuprIsed with his looping punches that he didn't more often. He did pressure hard tho and could transition from striking to grappling very good so I'm not suprised

His transitions from striking to grappling was what made Fedor so great. He was seamless, even better then GSP.

Did you really just equate an NCAA DIV 1 National Champion wrestler with Choi?

giphy.gif
If you think Brock Lesnar would have been equally successful if he were Randy Couture's or Cain's size, you're the retard.

Also he has a win over Sammy Schilt who is arguably the greatest HW kick boxer of all time!

Exactly. The guy fought bums. More importantly he was NOT old and over the hill when or just battle worn when he started to lose. He started to lose because he started fighting legit competition.

Clearly you didn't properly read my post. I said Fedor was incredibly talented AND incredibly sloppy. The short noticeness of his fights was beneficial because he was very good and could win with his skill set AND because his opponents couldn't properly prepare for his bad tendencies, which might be their best chance to overcome him. If you're a very good fighter with bad tendencies, but your opponent doesn't get to train for those tendencies, then the likelihood of those repeated mistakes being specifically countered in a fight is diminished.

Because yes, Fedor did have very bad tendencies which SHOULD have been exploited more often. And they coincidentally DID start getting exploited against the more prepared opponents. That rush in against Fujita and Maldonaldo which both saw him get put on queer street are nearly identical, separated by over a decade. That's not a prime mistake, that's a repeated technical mistake. The difference being that Fujita threw it blind and Maldonaldo was waiting for it.

It's not at all discrediting Fedor for winning shorter notice fights. Obviously he wouldn't be as prepared for the guy in front of him either (well that's debateable actually considering we know Pride would often tell one fighter in advance but not the other). But when you're very skilled and your opponent can't properly prepare for your mistakes that's beneficial. But of course the Fedor fanatics have to throw up a fervor for not calling him an infallible god.

You would have a point if you can prove Fedor often got to know who he was fighting way earlier than his opponents, or that his opponents did not have bad tendencies like Fedor. Otherwise you have no point and Fedor had no advantages his opponents didnt have.

Ps.And Im pretty sure his opponents had a lot more bad tendencies than Fedor on average, considering how good Fedor was. A longer camp would only benefit the better fighter more in a long run, assuming the better fighter takes it seriously.

Last edited:
maybe the ogawa fight , or goodridge . Can't tell me by watching most of his fights that they were tho . Like hey fedor , we're gunna let Kevin randleman almost kill you before he lets you tap him out. Come on
He slaughtered those dudes lol those weren't fake fights!!

You have no reading comprehension do you? How could he test positive if he was never tesed oh and also when did I say he was on steroids? Tard.

When did I say rogers was winning till he got koed? I didn't. I stated exactly how the fight went nothing more. Take that dick out of your butt.

Those who need to insult. have already lost...haha you don't need to say it, there is such a thing as making that suggestion...doesn't matter if they were or weren't tested...he's never ever tested positive...bottom line.

HWs that didn’t fade after 10 years? Serious? Let me put your novel shit post to shame!

1). Stipe is 35 and has fought amateur and pro for 11 years, before that was boxing for some time as well as a d1 wrestler.
2). Overeem 37 and has been fighting professionally for 18 years and nearly 60 fights along with shit ton of kickboxing matches.
3). Werdum 40 and has been fighting for 15 years and 30 fights plus ADCC.
4). Cain, 35 with only 16 fights but wrestled at the highest level and well hope he gets back to top shape. May fight for title in 2018.
5). JDS 33 and has been fighting for 11 years, just lost to #1 guy in last fight. Anticipate he will get back on track in 2018.
6). Rothwell 36 and has been fighting pro for 16 years and 46 fights.
7). Barnett 40 and has been fighting for 20 years and 43 fights.
8). Francis is a young gun at 31.
9). Minakov is 32 fighting for 7 years with 20 fights.
10). Hunt 43 years old and has been fighting for 13 years with 24 fights plus kickboxing matches as well.

8/10 hws are over 33 years old and still fighting top comp and winning. Look at the fucking top 3: 35, 37, and 40. Since they were in more wars than fedor, ya know since the whole premise of this thread…what’s fedors excuse???
So now that your age prime shit was crushed with facts, what you say??!

A great factual post to show how out of touch and fanatical Fedor's worshippers are. It's also funny how they say that he should go back to grappling and he only loses because he strikes now where his 3 losses in Strikeforce were all because of mistakes on the ground (yeah even the Hendo ko came just because he was reversed like a goof from the bottom).

A great factual post to show how out of touch and fanatical Fedor's worshippers are. It's also funny how they say that he should go back to grappling and he only loses because he strikes now where his 3 losses in Strikeforce were all because of mistakes on the ground (yeah even the Hendo ko came just because he was reversed like an amateur from the bottom).
It's actually a horrible post and shows just how out of touch you and JBJisgoat are. Look at how this guy already tore that post to shreds:

Stop with your bullshit leading questions like "what is your excuse now"? Don't fucking try to lead me because your argument stinks. Those fighters are only doing decent because they're fighting each other; what is so hard to understand about that?

Let's look at how "well" they're doing. Barnett got beat horribly by Travis Browne, who's a complete joke, and has only fought 4 times in the last 4 years, with 2 wins over over-the-hill Arlovski and Roy Nelson who was 3-7 before he got cut; he's faded as hell despite the steroids which he just got caught using yet again for the 4th time a year ago and hasn't fought since; that's not doing well.

Rothwell was doing decently ok against other older guys like Overeem and Barnett, with a good win over Mitrione, yet was only fighting 1.2 times per year on average for the last 8 years and just got popped for steroids yet again; that's not doing well. To put this in perspective, Fedor was fighting 3.25 times a year on average for over 12 years before his retirement and then later return. Rothwell may have started out actively when he was fighting regional-level bums, but Fedor was even more active while fighting the top 10 for over 10 years.

JDS just failed a drug test under USADA, was 3-4 over the last 5 years and looked atrocious against Stipe; that's not doing well.

*All 3 of those guys have been removed from UFC rankings because of their cheating.

Hunt just got beat down by a guy who hadn't fought in 5 years, and his only wins in the last 4 years were against old bums like Mir and Bigfoot Silva, and wins over mid-level talent in Roy Nelson and Derrick Lewis; he's 4-4-1, that's not doing well.

Cain has only fought 1 single member of the current top 10, in which he lost to Werdum, two years ago, didn't fight for another year when he beat fringe #14 Travis Browne, and hasn't fought in a year and a half. Was deemed fucking medically unfit to fight a year ago due to bone spurts in his back. Has fought only 3 times in 4 years, and when he was fighting somewhat regularly, he fought the same 2 guys over a period of 4 whole years. In 10 years has fought the same amount of fights that Fedor had in just 3 years. That's not doing well.

Overeem is doing pretty well; years of steroid use will definitely lengthen your career. Even then, his wins are coming against those faded guys like Hunt, JDS, Roy Nelson, Arlovski, mid-level talent like Struve and his one good win against Werdum. Let's not pretend he's anything like Ubereem.

Werdum is doing very well. That will happen when you fight at half the rate of people like Fedor. As I stated, he's 15 years into his career and has fought as much as Fedor did in 8 years. His last two opponents, however, were nobodies, one being a last minute replacement, Walt Harris, a mid-level guy with a 4-6 UFC record. Tybura is only ranked #8 because Barnett, Rothwell and JDS all popped for steroids, bumping him up.

Stipe is also doing very well. Again, that will happen when you fight at half the rate of people like Fedor, and when you're fighting over-the-hill competition. He's the king of an immensely weak Heavyweight division with no future contenders other than Ngannou lined up. Minakov is a decent contender but is out fucking around in Russia fighting bums. Stipe fought a couple amateur bouts in 2006-08 then nothing for 2 years before turning pro, so don't pretend he's been active for 10 years. Fedor was fighting ADCC champions and future top 3 guys by his 4th fight, that's not some amateur hobbyist bullshit.

Again, you don't seem to grasp how fight years work. If I fought once in 2008 then once again in 2018, that doesn't mean I've been actively training and fighting for 10 years.

Back