During his 10 year streak, how many times Fedor absorbed hard strikes in the head standing?

Sure I am a child, good argument ya donk. So it wasn't damage that caused Fedor to get out of prime conveniently right before he started losing, it was age?

Here is the list of champs in the UFC and ages...

HW Champ Stipe 35 years old
LHW Champ DC 38 years old
MW Champ GSP 36 years old
WW Champ 35 years old
LW Champ El Cucuy 33 years old
FW Champ Max 25 years old
BW Champ TJ 31 years old
Flyweight Champ MM 31 years old

Average age of UFC champs are 33 years old. There is only a handful of sherdoggers that do not see the logic in this, and they are all Fedor fans...ironic???
The only guy that has been fighting for 10 years on that list is GSP and he got a gift title shot against a 38 year old champ that he handpicked as weak and beatable. GSP didn't want to fight Romero or Woodley.

Mileage is more important than age.

Fedor started at 23, was world champ at 26 and did not lose until 33. Nobody else has gone 10 years without a loss except for Aldo.

Everyone eventually declines.

Unfortunately for Stipe and DC their time is coming soon

HWs that didn’t fade after 10 years? Serious? Let me put your novel shit post to shame!

1). Stipe is 35 and has fought amateur and pro for 11 years, before that was boxing for some time as well as a d1 wrestler.
2). Overeem 37 and has been fighting professionally for 18 years and nearly 60 fights along with shit ton of kickboxing matches.
3). Werdum 40 and has been fighting for 15 years and 30 fights plus ADCC.
4). Cain, 35 with only 16 fights but wrestled at the highest level and well hope he gets back to top shape. May fight for title in 2018.
5). JDS 33 and has been fighting for 11 years, just lost to #1 guy in last fight. Anticipate he will get back on track in 2018.
6). Rothwell 36 and has been fighting pro for 16 years and 46 fights.
7). Barnett 40 and has been fighting for 20 years and 43 fights.
8). Francis is a young gun at 31.
9). Minakov is 32 fighting for 7 years with 20 fights.
10). Hunt 43 years old and has been fighting for 13 years with 24 fights plus kickboxing matches as well.

8/10 hws are over 33 years old and still fighting top comp and winning. Look at the fucking top 3: 35, 37, and 40. Since they were in more wars than fedor, ya know since the whole premise of this thread…what’s fedors excuse???
So now that your age prime shit was crushed with facts, what you say??!
Way to dodge my entire post. You didn't crush shit with facts, stop pretending like you just spouted these awesome facts when you didn't. All of those guys you listed faded; all you did was list guys who fought past 10 years, you didn't even address them fading, and then you listed Minakov who is at 7 years and fighting bums sporadically (Fedor dethroned 2 of the top UFC fighters 8 years into his career), and randomly Ngannou?

Barnett, Rothwell, Hunt, JDS, all of them have faded heavily. Are you claiming that Overeem is the same as Ubereem and didn't fade whatsoever? And the dude is famous for using steroids which prolong your career. 6 of the guys on your list are faded as fuck, one hasn't even fought 10 years as was stated, and then randomly you threw in Ngannou. So that leaves Cain, who as I pointed out didn't even fight or train for 2 years straight and doesn't even have the amount of fights in 10 years as Fedor did in 3 years, Werdum and Stipe who I established as guys who fight at half the rate as Fedor.

The point is, the only people who fight at the top for over 10 years are guys who fight sporadically and nowhere near the amount as guys like Fedor. The increased training schedule is the primary reason they faded so hard after 10 years, with most guys barely making 5-7 years at the top, BECAUSE, as I stated, most injuries and body degradation comes from training. You never addressed that point, even though it was literally the most important thing I wrote in my post. Those are contextual facts, not that horseshit list you made.

What a horrible shit post.

Fedor fought in PRIDE who had the best HW division in the world for several years.

Only guys worth a damn in UFC were Arlovski and Sylvia and Fedor fucked them up in Affliction.

What about GSP fighting Ivan Menjivar? You know how fucking small he is? Like a Bantamweight.

Arlovski was on a 5 fight win streak going into Fedor fight. Arlovski had just beat Werdum and stopped Nelson and Rothwell. Arlovski was on fire around that time. Lay off the crack.

Cro Cop had great takedown defense and destroyed Barnett 3x and Aleks. He is one if the best HWs ever.

Hunt and Schilt are more dangerous strikers and have better takedown defense than Condit and Diaz.

This thread is about avoiding strikes. Who are the best strikers GSP ever fought? Spratt, Condit, Diaz, Alves, Bisping. Not bad but nothing compared to Cro Cop, Hunt, Arlovski, Schilt and Sylvia. Only Alves and Bisping had decent takedown defense. GSP never fought a dangerous striker with both the standup skills and takedown defense of Cro Cop and Arlovski.

Funny how you hate Fedor so much but you seem to be in every Fedor thread.

<Fedor23>

Everyone loses after 10 years. GSP only beat 38 year old even more shot Bisping.

If GSP fights Whittaker it might look like Penn/Yair or Fedor/Mitrione.

Lol glad you stopped with your fake GSP support.

Fact is GSP just finished s bigger man that was champion at 30-7. At the same age fedor was coming out of retirement to fight 2-0 jaideep (now 2-3) even after having an offer to fight in the UFC.

LOL.

So a '10 year reign' includes 4 years of not even competing. Brilliant comparison, Einstein.
You're so mad over something that literally has no impact on your life. Life must be difficult being you 24/7.

Fedor was also fighting top ranked guys.

The guys Fedor fought were much more dangerous too.

Nog is more dangerous and better striker than Hughes

Cro Cop is the best striker ever while Shields is terrible striker(but amazing grappler)

Sylvia is much bigger relatively and has much more KO power than Bisping.

BJ Penn and Arlovski are both awesome but Arlovski has more KO power and was much taller than Fedor. Penn broke GSap's nose despite being smaller

Condit is a great WW and a better fighter at the time than Mark Hunt was but Hunt outweighed Fedor by 70 pounds and we all know Hunt's KO power and GOAT chin.

Fitch was a decent LNP grappler but Kevin Randleman was a former UFC HW champ, extremely high level all American wrestler, freakish athlete, probably the best athlete in MMA history, roided to the gills, KO power, extremely fast and strong and explosive.

Fedor absolutely fought the more dangerous fighters.
You sound so impartial when comparing the 2 oppositions... lol

Did you really just equate an NCAA DIV 1 National Champion wrestler with Choi?

giphy.gif

Obviously Choi is not as good of a wrestler as Brock but Choi was a national champion wrestler in Korea and he was a pro kickboxer and 7ft 400 pounds. Not trying to hype him up but he was a giant with skills that everyone was afraid to fight. Fedor took that risk.
IDC if you agree with me or not, but to exclude Jones from GOAT status and include Fedor is bullshit imo. Fedor was never under strict testing as Jones for his career. That is my point. I know you do not agree with it and I will leave it at that. Cheers!
Completely different. There was no testing in PRIDE therefore everything was allowed and there was no cheating.

That is different from USADA UFC where both guys agree to come in clean and be available for testing. Jones failed while DC passed. Obviously that is not fair and is cheating. Jones broke the rules and is a roiding cheater.

Also, Fedor has been tested about 9 or 10 times in his MMA career.
HWs that didn’t fade after 10 years? Serious? Let me put your novel shit post to shame!

1). Stipe is 35 and has fought amateur and pro for 11 years, before that was boxing for some time as well as a d1 wrestler.
2). Overeem 37 and has been fighting professionally for 18 years and nearly 60 fights along with shit ton of kickboxing matches.
4). Cain, 35 with only 16 fights but wrestled at the highest level and well hope he gets back to top shape. May fight for title in 2018.
5). JDS 33 and has been fighting for 11 years, just lost to #1 guy in last fight. Anticipate he will get back on track in 2018.
10). Hunt 43 years old and has been fighting for 13 years with 24 fights plus kickboxing matches as well.

8/10 hws are over 33 years old and still fighting top comp and winning. Look at the fucking top 3: 35, 37, and 40. Since they were in more wars than fedor, ya know since the whole premise of this thread…what’s fedors excuse???

A lot of those guys are past their prime like JDS, Barnett, Hunt and Rothwell.

Overeem was getting flatlined left in right in PRIDE but had that horse meat rejuvenation to bulk him up to heavyweight.

Its funny how Reem, Werdum and Hunt, 3 PRIDE zombies are still top 5 currently, 10 years after PRIDE folded.

Stipe's first fight was in 2009 and has looked very beatable. Reem knocked him down and should have finished him. Stipe is right around that 9 or 19 year mark.

Cain doesn't even fight. If he gets a title shot it is undeserved. He lost to Werdum, who is much older and a PRIDE vet.

LOL at half those guys being top fighters still

It would certainly seem that despite his dominant reign, he was significantly rocked in more than a few contests. Rogers, Fujita, Arlovski, all got a piece during his prime. And thats not including that circus with Maldonado, which would've been stopped anywhere not ruled by Vladimir Putin.

Way to dodge my entire post. You didn't crush shit with facts, stop pretending like you just spouted these awesome facts when you didn't. All of those guys you listed faded; all you did was list guys who fought past 10 years, you didn't even address them fading, and then you listed Minakov who is at 7 years and fighting bums sporadically (Fedor dethroned 2 of the top UFC fighters 8 years into his career), and randomly Ngannou?

Barnett, Rothwell, Hunt, JDS, all of them have faded heavily. Are you claiming that Overeem is the same as Ubereem and didn't fade whatsoever? And the dude is famous for using steroids which prolong your career. 6 of the guys on your list are faded as fuck, one hasn't even fought 10 years as was stated, and then randomly you threw in Ngannou. So that leaves Cain, who as I pointed out didn't even fight or train for 2 years straight and doesn't even have the amount of fights in 10 years as Fedor did in 3 years, Werdum and Stipe who I established as guys who fight at half the rate as Fedor.

The point is, the only people who fight at the top for over 10 years are guys who fight sporadically and nowhere near the amount as guys like Fedor. The increased training schedule is the primary reason they faded so hard after 10 years, with most guys barely making 5-7 years at the top, BECAUSE, as I stated, most injuries and body degradation comes from training. You never addressed that point, even though it was literally the most important thing I wrote in my post. Those are contextual facts, not that horseshit list you made.

You said and I quote “what heavyweight do you know that didn’t fade after 10 years”. I’d say that the fighters listed above are doing just fine being in the top 10 and MUCH OLDER THAN FEDOR while majority fought for 10 years plus competed in an alternate martial art/combat sport…especially the #1 and #2 guy. So what is your excuse now? He didn’t take much damage during his career and started losing at a youngish age.

You're so mad over something that literally has no impact on your life. Life must be difficult being you 24/7.

I'll take your complete inability to address your own idiocy - "hurr durr, but but but, GSP was champ for 10 years from 2007 to 2017" - despite the fact that he didn't even compete for 4 years, as an acknowledgment of your ineptitude as a critical thinker.

You sound so impartial when comparing the 2 oppositions... lol
I am just being honest. GSP fought and beat everyone put in front of him but just because some of those WWs were ranked high it doesn't mean they had better skill than Fedor's opponents.

I would rather fight Hughes than the unstoppable Nog. I would rather take my chances with Shields than prime Cro Cop. I would rather get LNP'ed by Fitch than rocked and slammed on my head by Randleman. I would rather look out for Koscheck's right hand than Coleman's GNP. Fedor absolutely fought the more dangerous fighters.

I’m out tho guys! Made my points supported with facts as evidence. Check out the new GOAT thread in my sig. GOATSP voted #1 in significant fashion! Only people that don’t see that are handful of fedorist dorks, same ones arguing with me itt getting owned. Cheers!

How many of those were cans? How often was he drug tested? Just saying not trolling.
he fought more frequent than all other GOAT contenders.
Even if you take out the cans, he probably still had more fights than them as well, and no cans for you to devalue his win.

Oh, and BTW, Silva lost to underrated guy and lost.
GSP fought against serra and lost.
Jon Jones almost lost to fucking SOnnen.

The above is not to beat on them. Just to point out one thing:
In MMA, one swing that hits the target, can make you lose a fight you would normally win.
WHen you fight cans, the risk is still there. Just look at Luke, who is twice the fighter Bisping is, but got caught.

And in the HW division this is a lot harder, because anyone can KO anyone else due to their increased power.
And Fedor survived against Cans and top opponents alike, NEVER losing for 10 years.

So, to try and discount his wins is beyond weak if you are honest with yourself and take the above into consideration..

I’m out tho guys! Made my points supported with facts as evidence. Check out the new GOAT thread in my sig. GOATSP voted #1 in significant fashion! Only people that don’t see that are handful of fedorist dorks, same ones arguing with me itt getting owned. Cheers!
Go beat off now. You’re all worked up

Those are all great win except rogers that guy was such a fluke

Sorry, but winning one or two fights can be a fluke.
Winning 10 fights in the HW division (including a win over AA) is not really a fluke.
He was legit. And then Fedor took his soul... ands AO finished the job.

Lol which fight of Fedors would you say is fixed? Do tell
Lol which fight of Fedors would you say is fixed? Do tell
maybe the ogawa fight , or goodridge . Can't tell me by watching most of his fights that they were tho . Like hey fedor , we're gunna let Kevin randleman almost kill you before he lets you tap him out. Come on

Sorry, but winning one or two fights can be a fluke.
Winning 10 fights in the HW division (including a win over AA) is not really a fluke.
He was legit. And then Fedor took his soul... ands AO finished the job.
Man , rogers looked like a SCARED man that entire overreem fight

Fedor's style benefitted greatly from the fact that Pride threw together last minute matches (often times for 1 side but not the other too). He was incredibly talented, but also incredibly sloppy, and he was very often fighting guys who had had weeks (if even that) to prepare for him and his tendencies, rather than guys who have been focused exclusively on Fedor for months. It's harder to plan to make someone pay for their repeated mistakes if you haven't practiced precisely to do that.

His nuthuggers will cry about his prime, but IMO it's hardly a coincidence that many of his hardest fights ended up being the ones scheduled months in advance.
You forgot to mention , I dunno , his ground game. That we haven't seen him use since what 2007? It's what made someone like cro cop gun shy and actually won him the fight..coincidence

Back