Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the presidency, v5: NOTHING ILLEGAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The O'Keefe video clearly implied the Russia investigation was not making a mountain out of a molehill over shady dealings but a fabrication out of thin air.

Yeah, but it was a CNN producer saying as much. O'Keefe didn't put words in his mouth. It wasn't disingenuous.

It's times like this that I like to go back to the minimum of what's established. Way back in June 2016, this happened. There's a lot of calendar time between that day and the election, and then inauguration. I suspect that time will be filled with similar behavior. The minimum thing that happened is that the campaign tried to get compromising info on their political opponent from a Russian government lawyer who specializes in lobbying against certain parts of the sanctions, and felt the need to lie through their teeth about it a year later. Bare minimum. The real scope is almost certainly larger than that.

We're supposed to believe that during the height of the presidential campaign, on the advice of a guy he met at the Miss Universe Pageant in 2013, Don Jr said "Hey Jarad, hey Paul, I know you guys are a little busy right now, but I need you to come to a meeting."

"With who?"

"I don't know"

... and everybody was in blissful, mutual ignorance, and Trump wasn't informed about any of it?

Fucking please.

The O'Keefe video was highly disingenuous and Trump followed it by posting his CNN beatdowm Gif.

The O'Keefe video clearly implied the Russia investigation was not making a mountain out of a molehill over shady dealings but a fabrication out of thin air.

O'Keefe is a hack, sure. But when Trump has called out stories for being fake news, usually those stories have either been retracted, heavily refuted, or he was backed up by Comey other IC chiefs.

Yeah, but it was a CNN producer saying as much. O'Keefe didn't put words in his mouth. It wasn't disingenuous.

O'Keefe's stuff is disingenuous because of how its edited. We only ever get one or two lines from people in his videos. Just post the full fucking conversation.

So why is Fox less credible than CNN or MSNBC? CNN has been busted multiple times faking news. They even got caught interviewing their own cameraman

This is a false narrative, and since it's been pointed out before it just demonstrates your level of credibility.

O'Keefe's stuff is disingenuous because of how its edited. We only ever get one or two lines from people in his videos. Just post the full fucking conversation.

I suppose, but in that specific video I can't imagine anything being taken too out of context. The Van Jones one was fishy. The one with the producer, not so much.

"It's a gun, in a meeting with a Russian bullet, talking about how they'd really like to be smoking."

-Colbert

The people in here that are pretending that trying to work with a hostile foreign power to swing the Presidential election is no big deal need to reexamine their patriotism.

I suppose, but in that specific video I can't imagine anything being taken too out of context. The Van Jones one was fishy. The one with the producer, not so much.

The producer one you are right on. CNN's statement basically reaffirmed it. That producer feels the Russian story is mostly bullshit, but the caveat is that he isn't working on it. So he really doesn't know much more than any of us when it comes to facts. But in general, O'Keefe has been popped being disingenuous several times by just posting several short clips where things are taken out of context.

"It's a gun, in a meeting with a Russian bullet, talking about how they'd really like to be smoking."

-Colbert

The people in here that are pretending that trying to work with a hostile foreign power to swing the Presidential election is no big deal need to reexamine their patriotism.

Think about what was offered though. They said they had evidence of Hillary illegally working with the Russians.

Its like you are claiming Trump Jr murdered his wife. You know for sure that a Russian murdered his wife, and you think he was an accomplice. You then find out he met that Russian shortly after his wife was murdered. BOOM, SMOKING GUN, right? Except that the emails show he met with him, because that Russian said he had proof that Hillary was the murderer. Suddenly, the meeting is no longer consistent with the claim that Trump Jr was an accomplice in murdering his wife.

It's not really unheard of to come up with new laws to prosecute new forms of criminality.

I mean it's not like it was possible 100 years ago to break in servers and steal data across the ocean.
Posthoc criminalization is not something we do, and probably unnecessary.

Reminder. The argument a week ago was this never happened. Its now so what if it happened.

Reminder. The argument a week ago was this never happened.

???

No it wasn't. Everyone knew this meeting was real from the start. Its wasn't """""unnamed sources""""" this time (which always turn out fake), but instead Kushners own SF86.

Reminder. The argument a week ago was this never happened. Its now so what if it happened.

At this point its not even worth discussing since its obvious that the Trump supporters have absolutely zero integrity or dignity when it comes to blinding supporting whatever Trump and his team do, no matter how bad. It's like arguing with cult members, but worse.

Exactly. For a couple days it was also about adoption lol. So many pants, such fire.

Well while you guys wait until 2022 to find out that nothing happened, people who aren't unhinged will focus on real issues like the lack of Obamacare repeal, tax cuts, and border security....but ya'll keep focusing on this nothing.

Focusing on real issues like Bill Nye or Doctor Who.

I cant believe this rustled jimmies all the way to v5

I didn't read all of them after a certain moderator dumped my dissenting posts. But v4 didn't go the full 1000 posts, they stopped it at like 500 for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back