Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the presidency, v5: NOTHING ILLEGAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, it hasn't been shown that TJ offered anything in return.
Secondly, what's your take on the millions (billions?) of dollars that foreign entities have donated to the Clinton foundation. Using your no free lunch theory, surely that has to be considered as well.

It doesn't matter if he offered anything in return if he received information that was stolen from American citizens by a foreign government.

An article on the 2016 Trump-Russia timeline from NPR.

Whether any law was broken has yet to be established.

I think we might be look at a new precedent as no one has so brazenly worked with a foreign government during an election in order to get elected.

Trump could have forged new ground in terms in criminality and scumbaggery.

You guys should all be embarrassed you rustled yourself to talk about this non-story for 5 threads

I might be, I'm no lawyer. But Alan Dershowicz, a very prominent lawyer, has said that no law was broken.

It's not significant if this meeting was illegal or not, the investigation is on going and the lies are rampant.

There are plenty of people on the right feeling exasperated and violated by these lies, Wallace and Smith summarise it perfectly:

I love how these stories always go.

Story breaks:

"OMFG!!! Treason! People are going to jail! It's all over"

Week later:

"Okay, so no laws were broken and nothing is going to happen, but it's still bad, mmkay."
As if this isn't going to take months and months.

You guys should all be embarrassed you rustled yourself to talk about this non-story for 5 threads
Desperate times desperate measures. Flaming butt hurt has driven some to insanity.
Must be horrid, absolutely horrid.

The only thing embarrassing is your ability to stomach lies because your team benefits from them.

If nothing happened then they need to stop lying.

So why is Fox less credible than CNN or MSNBC? CNN has been busted multiple times faking news. They even got caught interviewing their own cameraman

This is disproved bullshit you'll sling regardless because you are so bloody disingenuous.

It's not significant if this meeting was illegal or not, the investigation is on going and the lies are rampant.

There are plenty of people on the right feeling exasperated and violated by these lies, Wallace and Smith summarise it perfectly:

Why are you guys acting like Wallace is in Trump's corner or something. The guy has always had it out for Trump.

When was the last time you got something for nothing? You really think making deals with the Russian government to get you elected comes with no strings attached? It's not worth looking into considering Trump's attitude on Russia since this meeting took place?
There was no meeting

Okay there was but it was about adoptions

Okay it wasn't really about that, it was because the Russian government had dirt we wanted but there were only a few people there

Okay, there were more people there but that's it, this is everything

Okay, it wasn't everything, but now it definitely is

Lies
Lies
Lies
Omissions
Misstatements
Forgetfulness
DONALD TRUMP JR CLINTON

As if this isn't going to take months and months.

Well while you guys wait until 2022 to find out that nothing happened, people who aren't unhinged will focus on real issues like the lack of Obamacare repeal, tax cuts, and border security....but ya'll keep focusing on this nothing.

I might be, I'm no lawyer. But Alan Dershowicz, a very prominent lawyer, has said that no law was broken.
Dershowitz is a brilliant guy who did not actually say no law was broken. He said a specific law was not broken. (I believe his conclusion is probably correct here, but not for the reasons that he gives).

I'm also going to add that Dershowitz is not a final authority in the field. His view of the law is a little idiosyncratic and not always in line with what actually happens, and this is outside of his wheelhouse.

All I've learned from this is some burgers have ham, others have cheese, and some burgers have absolutely nothing at all.

It's just another very shady coincidence in a long line of coincidences. Nothing to see here folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back