Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck for the fight @Kiwi Tricker
What's everyone else's weekend plans? Mine is going to be very quiet, no plans this weekend.

Do you guys have gay marriage allowed in your countries? We've got this postal vote thing coming up about it and its pretty much bringing the country to a standstill. All over the radio n tv ppl arguing over this shit and this arvo i was in town there was christians with loudspeakers talking about sins and gay ppl calling them dickheads. Pretty annoying considering its a minor issue which affects a minority of ppl.

Do you guys have gay marriage allowed in your countries? We've got this postal vote thing coming up about it and its pretty much bringing the country to a standstill. All over the radio n tv ppl arguing over this shit and this arvo i was in town there was christians with loudspeakers talking about sins and gay ppl calling them dickheads. Pretty annoying considering its a minor issue which affects a minority of ppl.
It has been legal here for a few years. My sister is gay and got married shortly after it was legalised. I gave a reading at the wedding, was quite nice.

Yeah same-sex marriage has been legal here for at least a decade. It was legalized in a few provinces first and then went nation-wide in 2005 I think.

@LatFlare I hear you.
I've always been intrigued with how we tend to over populate issues; like gay marriage, trans bathrooms, and Nazis. All of which are extremely small in terms of population in a general sense. I understand that these issues are important to a few and in the grander scheme make me feel good when we address them because it means we care about the greater good, however without 24 hour news cycles and such, we probably wouldn't be discussing them as broadly and simply addressing the local exceptions as they come.

The headliner at UFC 215 cancelled.
I bet it was cancelled because they knew it should be a Fight Night and not a PPV. That card sucked balls. The Shogun Fight Night looks solid AF!

The headliner at UFC 215 cancelled.
I bet it was cancelled because they knew it should be a Fight Night and not a PPV. That card sucked balls. The Shogun Fight Night looks solid AF!
What was the headliner?

Are you serious about the Shogun Fight night?

Unrelated: The biggest disappointment of everyone that came from Pride was definitely Shogun.

I once saw someone on Fox News make a sincere argument that trans issues shouldn't get as much coverage as they did, because they make up less than 0.5% of people.

Guy didn't seem to realise that he was making his own argument redundant - if there's so few of them why not let them get married or have their own bathrooms and be happy? Does it hurt you? No, GTFO.

Although there was all that Jordan Peterson shit about forced gender verbage being instituted into Canadian law, which if what he was saying is right, meant that you could be legaly prosecuted for not calling someone the right gender. Can any Canadian sherbros shed any light, did his argument have legs? On one side you have him and Gad Saad railing against it with some decent logic, then other side people saying "it's not even a proper bit of law, wtf is the issue".

If I was a business owner and didn't already have the facilities, I probably wouldn't want to have to put a third bathroom in for a very small group of people.

I also think society as a whole needs to start putting its foot down with regard to some of these issues. We're not headed in a great direction.

Recently, Justin Trudeau wouldn't even call illegal immigrants illegal. He called them "irregular". What the actual fuck is that. If they came into Canada illegally, they're illegal immigrants. You're the leader of this country. Why can't you just say that?

I once saw someone on Fox News make a sincere argument that trans issues shouldn't get as much coverage as they did, because they make up less than 0.5% of people.

Guy didn't seem to realise that he was making his own argument redundant - if there's so few of them why not let them get married or have their own bathrooms and be happy? Does it hurt you? No, GTFO.

Although there was all that Jordan Peterson shit about forced gender verbage being instituted into Canadian law, which if what he was saying is right, meant that you could be legaly prosecuted for not calling someone the right gender. Can any Canadian sherbros shed any light, did his argument have legs? On one side you have him and Gad Saad railing against it with some decent logic, then other side people saying "it's not even a proper bit of law, wtf is the issue".

The bill you are talking about (bill c-16) was misrepresented in most media accounts. Here is a summary:

"The bill is intended to protect individuals from discrimination within the sphere of federal jurisdiction and from being the targets of hate propaganda, as a consequence of their gender identity or their gender expression. "

Basically, we have discrimination laws that say, for example, you can't be denied a service or job because of your ethnicity or sexual orientation. This bill added gender identity to that list so e.g. you can't refuse to hire someone because they are transgender.

Similarly we have hate crime laws so if a crime is motivated by certain things (e.g. race, sexual orientation, and now gender identity ) there can be additional legal consequences.

The grey area that Peterson jumped on was that many trans people consider actively and intentionally using the wrong pro-noun to be an act of aggression so you could argue it's hate propaganda and thus, against the law.

I would argue that if you actively ignore someone's request you are not a criminal but are simply an asshole.

I would argue that if you actively ignore someone's request you are not a criminal but are simply an asshole.

I'll call someone whatever name they want to go by, but if someone wants me to refer to them as xim/xer or some other fabricated pronoun...

image.jpg

Shit is getting out of control.

I've already lost 4 pounds eating better and avoiding beer. I'm not a calorie counter, but my guess is that my calorie intake on the weekends between beer and yoloing on food was absurd.

I'm the lightest I've been in 2-3 years completely by accident lol.

I'll call someone whatever name they want to go by, but if someone wants me to refer to them as xim/xer or some other fabricated pronoun...

image.jpg

Shit is getting out of control.

Yeah I don't think the law touches on alternative pro-nouns specifically. Heck people in the trans community can't even agree on one.

I don't know why the word "they/them" can't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back