Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever, man. I really don't give a shit. Smoke weed, don't smoke weed it makes no never mind to me. Sell it in CCBO's, don't sell it in CCBO's. I don't have much faith in the general public to be able to manage this in the short term anyway. It's such a divisive subject. But at least it will make for interesting radio subject matter for my commute..

I wonder how much they've been communicating with officials from Colorado. It seems like that would be a smart thing to do, so I'll assume they haven't done it.

So I'm officially going to be helping with the local track team. Miles is going to start at the end of the month. I will start with the little guys and girls (5-7 yr olds), helping them to see everything and have fun. We spent the evening building squat racks and setting things up. They have a really cool space. Its a 50m track and they have long jump and high jump pits. We also built and painted two shot putt circles, and there's plenty of room for drilling and such. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. Its my first experience officially coaching in track, so I have a ton to learn. Looking forward to this new challenge.

So I'm officially going to be helping with the local track team. Miles is going to start at the end of the month. I will start with the little guys and girls (5-7 yr olds), helping them to see everything and have fun. We spent the evening building squat racks and setting things up. They have a really cool space. Its a 50m track and they have long jump and high jump pits. We also built and painted two shot putt circles, and there's plenty of room for drilling and such. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. Its my first experience officially coaching in track, so I have a ton to learn. Looking forward to this new challenge.
That's awesome Nurse, I'm sure it will be very rewarding. Do you have to be qualified / go through a bunch of checks etc before you're able to do anything like that where you are?

That's awesome Nurse, I'm sure it will be very rewarding. Do you have to be qualified / go through a bunch of checks etc before you're able to do anything like that where you are?
POlice check, and "speak out" course. Which is just an abuse recognition course. In order to coach beyond the local level, so if I wanted to coach provincials or nationals I'll need to take the development courses, which I will. I have them for hockey, and its pretty much the same stuff, insert sport name here, type thing.

I should say that the development courses are really lessons on programming and training plan development on a broad level. Although they do sports specific examples. Much of it can be interchangeable from sport to sport. I will look into specific events training courses or shadow other coaches (the latter is what I'm likely going to start doing). I'm not too sure Athletics Canada has specific events training certs, but its something I will be looking into moving forward.

Speaking of beer, my beer game has been terrible for the last year or so. I have been drinking Scotch more, but need to start stocking up on beer to sip on for my upcoming winter break.

And just what in the hell is wrong with scotch

My one issue with Scotch is that the peaty ones tend to be the most popular and I don't like them. Invariably a conversation about scotch starts with "My favorite scotch is really peaty and smoky... you should try it" and I feel like I don't like "real" Scotch.

I had some Crown Royal 90% Rye while on vacation. It was very smooth and delicious.

Just got me a Glenlivet 15 years French oak, my favorite scotch by far.

Just got me a Glenlivet 15 years French oak, my favorite scotch by far.
Just ran out of my Glenfiddich and Chivas. Might give Glenlivet a go today.

Kiwi, congrats on the fight. Will the fancy footage be available to view publicly?

I believe it will be- I actually bloody hope it will as I'd like to view it myself. I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Speaking of beer, my beer game has been terrible for the last year or so. I have been drinking Scotch more, but need to start stocking up on beer to sip on for my upcoming winter break.

Yes. Go get yourself a lovely bunch of good dark beer to cellar away and drink them as you please.

A fair few recent releases over here that I am looking forward to trying- it's been a fantastic year for people who enjoy beer here.

My homie Chris Dang pulled 618 over the weekend. He competes at 74Kgs.
Saw him yesterday at the Grocery store. Says he's going to the Arnolds. This means I'm going to the Arnolds. I'm going to try to get access as a handler or something.

My homie Chris Dang pulled 618 over the weekend. He competes at 74Kgs.
Saw him yesterday at the Grocery store. Says he's going to the Arnolds. This means I'm going to the Arnolds. I'm going to try to get access as a handler or something.

Epic last name

Epic last name
I know. He's got shirts that say Dang Strong. He's a cool kid. He competed at Lift for Kids in our second year. He killed everyone and he was 17 years old. He benched like 275 at the time.

His DL is #1 in Canada right now, and he's got a monster bench. His squat's at 480-495 right now, so that's going to need to be pushed if he wants to win worlds.

It's weird in that I like smoky but not peaty in my scotch. I get what you're saying.

Looks like my gym will run its first class at 6am on Wednesday. We passed our last round of city inspections today.

We're starting with a waitlist, so that's cool.

The dream is a reality boys. Thanks for all your support over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back