Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Peterson is concerned that C-16 might reduce our Freedom of Speech. At its basics, Freedom of Speech means you can say whatever you want whenever you want. You lose some of that freedom when you cannot say certain things, but forcing people to say certain things is on a whole other level.

The best way of thinking about it is the Newspeak in 1984. The government removed many words from the people's vocabulary and only left words that align people's speech with the government ideology. From Sparknotes.com: "Newspeak is engineered to remove even the possibility of rebellious thoughts".

If we were forced to call them irregular immigrants, over time, we might not think of it as illegal anymore. Firstly, if no one is allowed to say "Illegal", we lose that concept. Secondly, if we are forced to call them irregular immigrants, the government is dictating how we should think.

That trudeau guy is such a :eek::eek::eek: i can't believe you guys elected him lol i used to think Canada was a land of outdoorsmen and hockey players then that spineless loser is somehow in charge?

That trudeau guy is such a :eek::eek::eek: i can't believe you guys elected him lol i used to think Canada was a land of outdoorsmen and hockey players then that spineless loser is somehow in charge?

interested in why you think this. I'm not really a Liberal but I think Trudeau is doing a pretty good job at making Canada look good. Of course uneducated, ignorant (to the facts) people will complain about foreigners coming in to take their jobs and cause terrorism, or that he's somehow killing small businesses because he's trying to close unfair loopholes in the tax code. But I'm open to discussion.

conservatives are often pointing at jobs numbers or the economy as their litmus test for government effectiveness and it looks like we're one of the strongest in the G20 right now. I think we're doing pretty well. Few things need to be worked out, there's no question.

I don't agree with everything he's doing. I think the approach on the tax thing was a little odd.

How'd the fight go @Kiwi Tricker ?

Fight was good! Had a good hard scrap. Took me a couple rounds to wake up and realise that I was in the fight. Adam quite cleanly won the first couple of rounds, and then despite a really nice spinning back elbow I took the third. Fourth round I was feeling good and picking things up a bit more, but was hit with a good right hand to the jaw which dropped me. I was aware of everything as it happened, and as soon as my knee hit the canvas I just thought "for fuck's sake, definitely getting counted". Took my rest, stood back up and just went forward. Towards the end of the 5th round I was hurting him pretty well in the clinch, but he just wasn't dropping. Gutted, but that 10-8 in the fourth completely sealed the fight for him when I was already playing catchup. Got the fight of the night though, and I won the prize for showing the most heart on the night. Real cool little thing as well is that the studio that was the venue for the event is looking at trying to secure rights to One FC, and apparently our fight is the one that they're going to be using as a showreel to show what they can do in terms of production value. Really looking forward to seeing the full footage of the fight- it was shot on equipment to be able to watch it with VR goggles, so that's going to be trippy.

Fight was good! Had a good hard scrap. Took me a couple rounds to wake up and realise that I was in the fight. Adam quite cleanly won the first couple of rounds, and then despite a really nice spinning back elbow I took the third. Fourth round I was feeling good and picking things up a bit more, but was hit with a good right hand to the jaw which dropped me. I was aware of everything as it happened, and as soon as my knee hit the canvas I just thought "for fuck's sake, definitely getting counted". Took my rest, stood back up and just went forward. Towards the end of the 5th round I was hurting him pretty well in the clinch, but he just wasn't dropping. Gutted, but that 10-8 in the fourth completely sealed the fight for him when I was already playing catchup. Got the fight of the night though, and I won the prize for showing the most heart on the night. Real cool little thing as well is that the studio that was the venue for the event is looking at trying to secure rights to One FC, and apparently our fight is the one that they're going to be using as a showreel to show what they can do in terms of production value. Really looking forward to seeing the full footage of the fight- it was shot on equipment to be able to watch it with VR goggles, so that's going to be trippy.
Sounds awesome! Thanks for the write-up. Unlucky this time but sounds like there are plenty of positives coming away from it.

That trudeau guy is such a dreamboat. I can't believe you guys elected him lol i used to think Canada was a land of ugly people with bad bodies, then that total studmuffin is somehow in charge? You're so lucky!!!

FTFY.

/Nothomoifyouhavealistofmaleworldleadersyou'reallowedtosleepwithclearedwithyourgirlfriend

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the write-up. Unlucky this time but sounds like there are plenty of positives coming away from it.

Yeah mate. Plenty of positives to take away from this one. I'm still just learning.

@DrBdan
What's your take on the Cannabis Commission Board of Ontario?

I'm not really for wide-open market on pot, personally, however I feel like the LCBO/CCBO model is a little too tight. I haven't read much about the arguments again both to add much breadth to the conversation but was curious to know what others think.

@DrBdan
What's your take on the Cannabis Commission Board of Ontario?

I'm not really for wide-open market on pot, personally, however I feel like the LCBO/CCBO model is a little too tight. I haven't read much about the arguments again both to add much breadth to the conversation but was curious to know what others think.

Why couldn't it just be run like booze is in Quebec and Alberta? There's no need for provincial governments to fuck marijuana up from Day 1 like they currently do with alcohol sales.

I definitely think it should be left up to private business owners, pending background checks, etc.

If you give the sales of anything to a government monopoly, you end up paying way more than necessary.

Last edited:
Provincial liquor commissions are cumbersome and expensive, wasting taxpayer money. Why do the same thing with weed?

Does the LCBO still do that thing where you can only buy beer in up to 6-packs and, for any cases bigger than that, you have to go to The Beer Store, a completely different store?

Super makes sense lol.

Why couldn't it just be run like booze is in Quebec and Alberta? There's no need for provincial governments to fuck marijuana up from Day 1 like they currently do with alcohol sales.

I definitely think it should be left up to private business owners, pending background checks, etc.

If you give the sales of anything to a government monopoly, you end up paying way more than necessary.

I don't know anything about Alberta's model, but the Quebec's way is pretty decent.

Does the LCBO still do that thing where you can only buy beer in up to 6-packs and, for any cases bigger than that, you have to go to The Beer Store, a completely different store?

Super makes sense lol.

No. I buy 24 Stonewall when I go to the LCBO.

Speaking of beer, my beer game has been terrible for the last year or so. I have been drinking Scotch more, but need to start stocking up on beer to sip on for my upcoming winter break.

Speaking of beer, my beer game has been terrible for the last year or so. I have been drinking Scotch more, but need to start stocking up on beer to sip on for my upcoming winter break.

I'm drinking much more wine these days.
Scotch is something I do with one of my friends, but not nearly enough.

Kiwi, congrats on the fight. Will the fancy footage be available to view publicly?

NK, I think the CCBO is too restrictive and will have too much overhead. There is already a market setup (i.e. dispensaries) so the government could (and IMO should) just put in some regulations and taxes and let the private market do their thing.

Setting up the CCBO is a huge undertaking and I don't see the benefit other than from an overly-restrictive "think of the children" viewpoint.

Also, I typed this up and forgot to hit post a few days ago. Basically I agree with Jim.

By making this so restrictive and cumbersome the government is just supporting the continued existence of a black market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back