Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least McGregor was marginally more success than James Toney when he tried MMA, though that was a pretty low bar.

I wonder how much McGregor cares about losing this fight. No one truly expected him to win and he was guaranteed $30 million with reports saying he will get over $100 million based on PPV buys.

Mayweather stands to take home over $200 million which is goddamn absurd.

The only part I feel could be fixed is the first few rounds where Mayweather clearly pulled back on opportunities to move to an offensive position. But then again he apparently went in with a clear game plan and he executed it. So hard to say. Imagine how hard it to go easy on your buddies in a sport they have little to no experience in.

I think "game plan" is the likely answer. Mayweather had to be supremely confident so why risk the (slim) chance of getting caught early?

Though I also wonder if it was suggested that he take it easy early to stretch the fight out since the PPV was expensive.

At least McGregor was marginally more success than James Toney when he tried MMA, though that was a pretty low bar.

The thing with MMA is that it is pretty conducive to a quick finish when there is such a discrepancy in skills. Had James Toney fought a lumbering HW, he would have likely lasted much longer, but he had Randy Couture a man who is skilled in game plan execution. And Randy was not about to even consider an exchange with Toney. We all saw what happens to MMA fighters if they come out ready to box, amirite Timmeh?

I wonder how much McGregor cares about losing this fight. No one truly expected him to win and he was guaranteed $30 million with reports saying he will get over $100 million based on PPV buys.

Mayweather stands to take home over $200 million which is goddamn absurd.

Why would he care? He got some serious cheddar for that, boosted his profile even more, and the boxing camp would have improved aspects of his game to a degree that he might not have been able to achieve without having it as a sole focus. He came out of this fight richer, more experienced, upskilled, and more famous than ever. How on earth did he lose out on anything other than being 1-0 as a boxer?

In other news, just over a week out from the next fight. We ain't got much left to go now!

I doubt McGregor really cares but I wonder if some small part thinks "if I could have just landed one good shot..."

I doubt McGregor really cares but I wonder if some small part thinks "if I could have just landed one good shot..."

I honestly don't think he had the power to KO Floyd in the boxing ring.

All this talk about his power in MMA, but it was nowhere to be found in the boxing ring.

Did he land anything other than that early uppercut? Maybe that body shot?

I think the whole thing about McGregor having amazing power has always been overhyped. When he's knocked guys out it's because he's caught them with a good clean shot that they didn't see- he's never ground anyone down and beat them with hard strikes, just look at his fights with Diaz.

And then you look at the boxers that Mayweather has faced who are known as power punchers- Pacquiao being a good example. I don't think Floyd was worried at all about dat powah against McGregor.

Weekend plans pub?

Today is my last day working from home, I've been at home for a month whilst the train station I go into has had major works done, it's been quite nice, especially getting more time to hit the weights, but I'm quite ready to go back into the office and get back to my normal routine, walking a few miles each day etc.

Not much planned for tomorrow, other than squatting, and Sunday I am planning to take the kids to Windsor and perhaps hire a boat and go up the River Thames. I expect we'll spend most of the day there if the weather is OK.

Helping my brother move on Saturday. Likely keep things quiet.

I'm heading to a rented cottage with the in-laws next week so the weekend will be spent getting ready. Hopefully we get some decent weather otherwise I'm not sure how being stuck in a cottage for a week with them will work out.

I think I'm going to burn shit tonight, roast some mellows and drink lot's of wine.

Near Peterborough. It's on a river and a short drive to a beach, not that my son is old enough to enjoy either, other than trying to eat sand, lol.

My wife is from Lindsay so we're up in that area a lot. Kawartha is a good place to invest in a cottage right now. Relatively affordable and soon to be highly sought after.

I think I'm going to burn shit tonight
In a paper bag on someone's doorstep?

tenor.gif

Weekend was grand. Had the last wee binge on Friday night. New girlfriend drove up to cook me dinner. She did amazing- mash potatoes, confit pork belly, and a couple other wee pork-based dishes. Washed it all down with a couple donuts from a local food truck (which does fantastic burgers as well, by the way).

Saturday we worked out, then drove down to her place to do some meal prep for a pot luck dinner thing for a friend of hers who's leaving for Scotland. I'd started my low-carb phase that day to cut for this fight, so I subbed out my wraps for lettuce. First time trying that way of doing it- pretty good actually. There was a shitload of other delicious hearty meat dishes there, so I felt pretty okay about everything. The lass moving away to Scotland was also selling off a load of her clothing, so I managed to pick up a pair of sparkly gold tights at a bargain rate. Looking forward to taking them squatting tomorrow morning.

Sunday we woke up, went to go look at a dog, but decided he wasn't for us. Proceeded to find some good haloumi, bacon and mushrooms for breakfast at a cafe, drove up the road to see my old man for Father's day, gave him some socks and snacks, had lunch with my family, drove the rest of the way home, got changed, drove down to the gym, got in a good session including some clinching and sparring with the missus. Went home, cooked some fat fucking steaks on the barbie for dinner- I had a 400g scotch fillet, ladyfriend had a 600g rump. It was pretty rad.

That sounds pretty epic @Kiwi Tricker , where abouts in Scotland is the friend moving to? I'll be back up there again next month to climb Ben Nevis for what I think is my sixth time, going with work mates, will finish work Friday night, drive up from London through the night - which will be about an 11 hour journey, climb the mountain and then eat and drink at the inn at the foot of the mountain because getting some much needed sleep!

Today was pretty cool, my kids go back to school after a 6 week break for the summer on Tuesday, so we spent a nice day together in Windsor, took a rowing boat out, had a nice mixed grill lunch and then visited my mum.

That sounds pretty epic @Kiwi Tricker , where abouts in Scotland is the friend moving to? I'll be back up there again next month to climb Ben Nevis for what I think is my sixth time, going with work mates, will finish work Friday night, drive up from London through the night - which will be about an 11 hour journey, climb the mountain and then eat and drink at the inn at the foot of the mountain because getting some much needed sleep!

Today was pretty cool, my kids go back to school after a 6 week break for the summer on Tuesday, so we spent a nice day together in Windsor, took a rowing boat out, had a nice mixed grill lunch and then visited my mum.

No idea exactly where she's going to be moving. It's Scotland though, so somewhere cold, grey, and a bit shite.

It's fight week bitches, which means I'm cutting weight, which means all I'm thinking of already is what to have for dinner on Friday night after I make weight. What food do I want? Suggestions are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back