DJ can be a star if the UFC gets behind him more...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The guy is the P4P best fighter in the world. He just had one of the slickest finishes ever in MMA history and broke Andersons record. He is well spoken and and true martial artist. He is respectful to his opponents unless they talk shit but he always is a pro when he dismantles guys. Why is it so hard to push this guy? The UFC just needs to promote him better. He has a crazy highlight reel, all the credentials... Come on.

I know most of you will say because he's a FlyW. Honestly after that finish to break the record he should be a star. Anderson built his name by purely winning and winning in spectacular fashion. He didn't start to get the fan support until after the Forrest, first Chael fight and then his KO of Vitor. Before that he wasn't coming out to a ruckus crowd. A lot of people still didn't know him outside of hardcores.

I think if they push him and promote him more he could headline cards and get some decent numbers. Even now it's at the point where people will watch just to see if he loses.

Thoughts?

The guy is the P4P best fighter in the world. He just had one of the slickest finishes ever in MMA history and broke Andersons record. He is well spoken and and true martial artist. He is respectful to his opponents unless they talk shit but he always is a pro when he dismantles guys. Why is it so hard to push this guy? The UFC just needs to promote him better. He has a crazy highlight reel, all the credentials... Come on.

I know most of you will say because he's a FlyW. Honestly after that finish to break the record he should be a star. Anderson built his name by purely winning and winning in spectacular fashion. He didn't start to get the fan support until after the Forrest, first Chael fight and then his KO of Vitor. Before that he wasn't coming out to a ruckus crowd. A lot of people still didn't know him outside of hardcores.

I think if they push him and promote him more he could headline cards and get some decent numbers. Even now it's at the point where people will watch just to see if he loses.

Thoughts?

inb4 big muscular guys' admirers, that still haven't come out of the closet, will drop the "manlet" word here.

Thoughts?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6674-1378740961-16.gif

Anderson won people over after the Rich Franklin fight not the Forrest one.

UFC have tried pushing MM. He's got no charisma. Sits home playing video games online and barely says a controversial word about anyone. He's hardly marketable as a personality.

Just because he has impressive finishes once in a blue moon against people he completely outclasses doesn't mean he'll magically become a star.

Nobody's excited about his finish because barely anyone cared enough to watch it.
Weak division. Tame fighting style for 90% of his fights.

inb4 big muscular guys' admirers, that still haven't come out of the closet, will drop the "manlet" word here.

I like watching big dudes throw down, not highly skilled smurfs or women. That's my taste in blood sports.

I like watching big dudes throw down, not highly skilled smurfs or women. That's my taste in blood sports.

Wanna talk about your attraction to big dudes specifically? Any specific reason for that?
Or just because they're...big? How big they should be? And where?

they already behind him what more do you want. ufc only has a few things in their bag.

It would be harder to market him because of his size, but he could DEFINITELY be a star. But he does nothing to promote his fights and doesn't have much personality. The playing it safe really, really doesn't help either. The whole point of title defenses is that you're supposed to be fighting the other best fighter in the division, ducking people defeats the purpose and makes him look realy weak.

they already behind him what more do you want. ufc only has a few things in their bag.

Yeah, their marketing division is on vacation from 2013.

That's why they can't arrange anything for MM ... no fan related contests, no related countdowns, no private meeting with Dana/WME officials, no Q&A on their site...nothing.

Real skills, integrity & intelligence are rarely appreciated in today's society. We prefer the instant, shallow, sensationalists with half baked potato for a brain.

He needs to promote himself too.

He seems to not give a fuck about being popular.

There's some truth to what you say, but I'm not so sure it's as simple as that. I will agree that the UFC definitely needs to market him more. Honestly, it was almost like they didn't want him to break Anderson's record. They could have, and should have made a much bigger deal about that.

He needs to promote himself too.

He seems to not give a fuck about being popular.
This, maybe the UFC could do more.

But MM just does not do anything himself, he just plays games and drink beer. Which is fine, but he has no right to complain about lack of promotion. You have to promote yourself first before you can whine.

And if you duck the only real challenge there is that is not really a good promotion.

Real skills, integrity & intelligence are rarely appreciated in today's society. We prefer the instant, shallow, sensationalists with half baked potato for a brain.

Platinum Bless.
El Cucuy is a champ, Kevin GOATLee. Gay Jesus!

I think they could. I mean he's a lil guy but they could market his skill and all the crazy shit he pulls off in there. Its still a tough sell due to a lot of these sherdog size queens who like their half naked men to be big and burly and have a strong top game or w/e it is these suspect fucks bitch about lol

This is the only way he can become noticeable.

man-on-stilts-supporting-ghana-black-stars-opening-day-of-africa-cup-b2fxht.jpg

Wanna talk about your attraction to big dudes specifically? Any specific reason for that?
Or just because they're...big? How big they should be? And where?

At least MW big and bench pressing 400lbs like me

At least MW big and bench pressing 400lbs like me

I'm sorry, please, quit living in imaginary world.
I understand your desire for a strong and heavy BF, but you don't need to pretend as strong as him.
Let your feminine side go, this is the way for you to understand why you don't like smaller people.

Back