Why isn't Pavlovich more popular & can he be a star?

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Not a superstar but a star? Other than 1 funny fanmade meme there's never really any buzz about him. And he has very little social media followers.

How much would this change with another violent performance at MSG? He looks like Brock (albeit w/ a breast-reduction), fights like Ngannou, & has Fedor-esque stoicism Joe.

Is there an angle or gimmick he can latch on to? What kind of 1-2 line promo could he cut if he wins to bolster his profile? Call out Usyk for a country-take-all boxing match? What's the play?

Not a superstar but a star? Other than 1 funny fanmade meme there's never really any buzz about him. And he has very little social media followers.

How much would this change with another violent performance at MSG? He looks like Brock (albeit w/ a breast-reduction), fights like Ngannou, & has Fedor-esque stoicism Joe.

Is there an angle or gimmick he can latch on to? What kind of 1-2 line promo could he cut if he wins to bolster his profile? Call out Usyk for a country-take-all boxing match? What's the play?
Yeah man, go full Drago. Thats the gimmick.

If he dies... he dies.

Who is a genuine star in modern day mma? It's a count on 1 hand list. The UFC draws it's base audience that will pay for/watch the majority of cards every time regardless of the quality and then they do decent numbers when they stack a card with multiple belts or have a somewhat recognizable name headlining. At best he can hope for is to become the latter and to do this, he needs to 1) be active, 2) keep winning, and 3) keep finishing guys.

It is a horrible time to be in mma. No sponsorship money, extremely repetitive/lazy marketing practices, and the UFC truly doesn't want any of their fighters to become bigger than the brand itself. All a fighter can do is try to be exciting and try to keep winning... the former being more important (ask Fitch)

It's been 30 years and the bathrobe crowd still doesn't realize this is entertainment, not bushido nonsense.

You can KO guys dead but then if you've got the personality of drying paint when the mic's actually given to you and the audience gets a chance to connect nobody's going to remember you.

He's not really trying, is he? Outside of the cage, that is.

So yeah, the best would be to just keep finishing fights as usual. And some of that Fedor-esque mysticism will arise pretty soon.

He is Russian and speaks shitty English. Russian fans do not buy PPV so the UFC will not promote him. Unmarketable, Russian fighters, are the UFC's biggest fear.

He gotta do stuff like this:

brock-lesnar-ufc.gif

PUo4.gif

He pulled out of 3 straight fights for being unprofessional. He has a country bumpkin look on his face and struggles to communicate or say anything interesting. Although he has significant power, he isn't very athletic.

Because he's a Fighter not a Star he doesn't care about popularity.

I'm a 'semi casual' fan I guess, and the only reason I've ever heard of this guy is from people making threads like this about him on here lol

I'm not surprised, I watched the free Curtis Blaydes fight on Youtube, and he is the most generic looking fighter I've ever seen. He's just a big guy that punches hard. That's literally all that can be said about him

He's like the blank template you get in a character generator, even his name is just the most generic Russian name possible. Does he even speak English? I have no idea, never heard him speak

Last edited:
I'm a 'semi casual' fan I guess, and the only reason I've ever heard of this guy is from people making threads like this about him on here lol

I'm not surprised, I watched the free Curtis Blaydes fight on Youtube, and he is the most generic looking fighter I've ever seen. He's just a big guy that punches hard. That's literally all that can be said about him

He's like the blank template you get in a character generator, even his name is just the most generic Russian name possible. Does he even speak English? I have no idea, never heard him speak
Yeah I was thinking he could get a big chest tattoo. Maybe a giant sword up to his chin, or a monkey with wings eating a heart. Or maybe some sick neck tats.

Back