DJ can be a star if the UFC gets behind him more...

The guy is the P4P best fighter in the world. He just had one of the slickest finishes ever in MMA history and broke Andersons record. He is well spoken and and true martial artist. He is respectful to his opponents unless they talk shit but he always is a pro when he dismantles guys. Why is it so hard to push this guy? The UFC just needs to promote him better. He has a crazy highlight reel, all the credentials... Come on.

I know most of you will say because he's a FlyW. Honestly after that finish to break the record he should be a star. Anderson built his name by purely winning and winning in spectacular fashion. He didn't start to get the fan support until after the Forrest, first Chael fight and then his KO of Vitor. Before that he wasn't coming out to a ruckus crowd. A lot of people still didn't know him outside of hardcores.

I think if they push him and promote him more he could headline cards and get some decent numbers. Even now it's at the point where people will watch just to see if he loses.

Thoughts?
The UFC has pushed this guy. They've put him on multiple FOX cards to give more exposure. They've given him a coaching role on TUF also to give him more exposure.

Not everyone wants to drink the kool-aid !

UFC have tried pushing MM. He's got no charisma. Sits home playing video games online and barely says a controversial word about anyone. He's hardly marketable as a personality.

The question is, why the hell does he need to say 'controversial' things?

Controversial = smart or worth listening too.

The funny thing is that with his beer drinking, online gaming, and general goofy ways he should easily be most accessible and likable champ.

But people prefer to root for someone who is most extremely, visibly and decisively NOT LIKE THEM.

It's interesting thing about people.

In my opinion, he should finish his contract at 125lbs, sign a new one and moving to 135lbs. I'd also like to see Demetrious co-main big events headlined by fighters like Conor, Ronda, Jones and GSp.

He needs to promote himself too.

He seems to not give a fuck about being popular.
No, he doesn't give a fuck about putting on a fake WWE promo like the rest of these clowns do. DJ is a FIGHTER, he FIGHTS. As simple as that.

They just need to shoot all his promos with actual midgets for extras, so DJ appears normal sized.

Build a tiny cage and hire a tiny ref.

Keep rolling out the cans to build up his win streak.

And a star will be born!

The question is, why the hell does he need to say 'controversial' things?

Controversial = smart or worth listening too.

The funny thing is that with his beer drinking, online gaming, and general goofy ways he should easily be most accessible and likable champ.

But people prefer to root for someone who is most extremely, visibly and decisively NOT LIKE THEM.

It's interesting thing about people.

Like I said in another thread, MM is just too damn NORMAL. UFC champion, and still does the same shit we do on our downtime.

The fact that he is 4 feet tall also doesn't help. People don't go to the circus for mice, they go for Tigers/Lions/Bears/Elephants. Always been like this, and it will always be like this.

No, he doesn't give a fuck about putting on a fake WWE promo like the rest of these clowns do. DJ is a FIGHTER, he FIGHTS. As simple as that.

You can promote yourself without having to go down the WWE route. Fighters have done it before through other means besides the UFC.

The ufc pushed him heavily after ufc 216 win if you were following their social media & i think the audience is rooting for him alot more. I think DJ next fight will do 300k or so ppv's, not only cause he's more liked/respected but because his next fight will either be vs cejudo(people are behind him after last win) or better yet vs winner of tj/cody.

Star Level After 216
>>>>>>>>>>> *

DJ has broken through. Crowds will be invested in whatever his next fight is.

you are one delusional fuck, his ppv cant even break even

He will never be a draw in the United States no matter how much they hype him up.

They'd be better off putting him on cards in Asia and Latin America.

Last edited:
He broke the record by fighting by for the most part easy competition.. in a division that's never meant anything and has a 20-plus year history.

The ufc pushed him heavily after ufc 216 win if you were following their social media & i think the audience is rooting for him alot more. I think DJ next fight will do 300k or so ppv's, not only cause he's more liked/respected but because his next fight will either be vs cejudo(people are behind him after last win) or better yet vs winner of tj/cody.
DJ's also become one of the most diverse finishers in the UFC right now, so I think for the next bout the stigma of Decision Demetrious will be lifted, and instead people will be more focused on what other type of finish he can produce.

DJ has the personality of a clam. Stars aren't made, they're born.

If push was all it took to make a superstar, the ufc would be full of superstars. Additionally, there's a difference between being popular and being able to sell ppv.

A fighter can become somewhat of a household name but still not affect ppv sales. They're not call superstars for no reason.

Unfortunately for MM, he'll never be a full fledged superstar, no matter how many times he defends and no matter how exciting his fights are. We all know why too.

The same reason a 5'5" and under professional basketball ball league wouldnt have legit superstars.

Unfortunately for MM, he'll never be a full fledged superstar, no matter how many times he defends and no matter how exciting his fights are. We all know why too.

I'm certain DJ's popularity has risen after each recent bout. He may not hit whatever you call superstar heights, but in terms of raising his own stock something seems to have worked, especially after 216.

The guy is the P4P best fighter in the world. He just had one of the slickest finishes ever in MMA history and broke Andersons record. He is well spoken and and true martial artist. He is respectful to his opponents unless they talk shit but he always is a pro when he dismantles guys. Why is it so hard to push this guy? The UFC just needs to promote him better. He has a crazy highlight reel, all the credentials... Come on.

I know most of you will say because he's a FlyW. Honestly after that finish to break the record he should be a star. Anderson built his name by purely winning and winning in spectacular fashion. He didn't start to get the fan support until after the Forrest, first Chael fight and then his KO of Vitor. Before that he wasn't coming out to a ruckus crowd. A lot of people still didn't know him outside of hardcores.

I think if they push him and promote him more he could headline cards and get some decent numbers. Even now it's at the point where people will watch just to see if he loses.

Thoughts?

Delusional. Didn't even have to read. <TrumpWrong1>

uhhh....how do you mean? Rogan and practically all of UFC has been calling him the p4p #1 goat for a long time. But fans aren't stupid.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

He is even ranked #1 in the p4p ranking above their owner Conor McGregor.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

MM needs to promote himself.

UFC gives him plenty of air time and even put him as the main event of some main Fox cards.

It's up to HIM to make people want to see him. UFC did their part.

Do you think they can turn anyone into McGregor? If they could ... trust me their would be 10 McGregors in the UFC right now or more.

MM is way too respectful.
He doesn't have the most exciting style in the cage.
He is very small (not a problem for me but casuals like to see a guy that LOOKS like someone they can't beat up)
He choose to fight a nobody instead of someone that at least looked like a LEGIT challenge to his reign in TJ. He could have won some fans with a dominant victory over someone as respected as TJ.

MM needs to promote himself.

UFC gives him plenty of air time and even put him as the main event of some main Fox cards.

It's up to HIM to make people want to see him. UFC did their part.

Do you think they can turn anyone into McGregor? If they could ... trust me their would be 10 McGregors in the UFC right now or more.
lmao so true..look at his latest embedded. They give him air time and he used it to talk about his twitch stream and gaming set up. wtf does that have to do with MMA and his upcoming fight? Guy is clueless.

Thoughts?
AT best something of high profile name, he is to much of a pussy or non risk taker to become a star. He need go up a weight class or attract other high profile names from BW to his weight class to generate hype for MM fights. There nothing very sepctacular with his fight style, even if his technique for the most mma stances are for the most at a very high level, he doesn't knock guys out or something

Dude doesn't talk shit, is something of responsible model small town citizen, humble and all. How are you gonna promote this guy?

Back