Why isn't Pavlovich more popular & can he be a star?

Not a superstar but a star? Other than 1 funny fanmade meme there's never really any buzz about him. And he has very little social media followers.

How much would this change with another violent performance at MSG? He looks like Brock (albeit w/ a breast-reduction), fights like Ngannou, & has Fedor-esque stoicism Joe.

Is there an angle or gimmick he can latch on to? What kind of 1-2 line promo could he cut if he wins to bolster his profile? Call out Usyk for a country-take-all boxing match? What's the play?
I think people are starting to take note of the guy. I wasn't really watching him much until 2-3 fights ago. I don't consume much MMA media other than actual fights so have no idea what 'Buzz" he has or doesn't have, but a Championship win in MSG will get him noticed really well. His fight name can be "Low Key Killer".

I'm not surprised, I watched the free Curtis Blaydes fight on Youtube, and he is the most generic looking fighter I've ever seen. He's just a big guy that punches hard. That's literally all that can be said about him
Like he was made in a low-budget Russian lab to sprawl-n-brawl with Todd Duffee as his prototype.

MMA has always been like this, don't kid yourself. Conor didn't ruin shit, Conor got big because people always gravitated towards or against big personalities.
Could have a card full of regional no names I couldn’t care less, if they put on a good fight I’ll watch and tune in, don’t need no damn personality like professional wrestling wannabe MMA fans need.

Could have a card full of regional no names I couldn’t care less, if they put on a good fight I’ll watch and tune in, don’t need no damn personality like professional wrestling wannabe MMA fans need.
Congrats. Most people do care though.

Its why the Shamrocks and Bas Rutten were the first people to make a name for themselves in the sport.

Why the first star under Zuffa was Tito Ortiz, and then little later it was Chuck.

Hell, Chael did the whole pro wrestling shtick and got a bunch of fame and notoriety ans well as 2 title fights from it before Conor even set foot in the UFC.

Conor didn't invent people being invested in personalities.

You can even go further back than MMA and this holds true.

Arguably the 2 biggest stars in American boxing. Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson.

Ali took his whole personality from a pro wrestler like Chael did and became the most captivating guy in the sport.

Tyson's wild personality is a large reason why he's so remembered today and why Americans consider him a GOAT candidate despite having a resume that's actually weak as fuck.

Congrats. Most people do care though.

Its why the Shamrocks and Bas Rutten were the first people to make a name for themselves in the sport.

Why the first star under Zuffa was Tito Ortiz, and then little later it was Chuck.

Hell, Chael did the whole pro wrestling shtick and got a bunch of fame and notoriety ans well as 2 title fights from it before Conor even set foot in the UFC.

Conor didn't invent people being invested in personalities.

You can even go further back than MMA and this holds true.

Arguably the 2 biggest stars in American boxing. Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson.

Ali took his whole personality from a pro wrestler like Chael did and became the most captivating guy in the sport.

Tyson's wild personality is a large reason why he's so remembered today and why Americans consider him a GOAT candidate despite having a resume that's actually weak as fuck.
I’ll admit the fiasco with Tito and Shamrock was hilarious, triggering Shamrock was the easiest thing to do.

Into the living death.

I’ll admit the fiasco with Tito and Shamrock was hilarious, triggering Shamrock was the easiest thing to do.

Into the living death.
image-29.gif

images

Man Tito Bully Shamrock soo hard in this
rivalry I feel bad for him and I'm a Tito fan, Tito Prime it's a sadistic.

Tyson's having a resume that's actually weak as fuck.

SMDH - a resume that's actually weak as... that opinion.

Be assured not any HW from '85 for his next 30 fights thought that.

SMDH - a resume that's actually weak as... that opinion.

Be assured not any HW from '85 for his next 30 fights thought that.
Who did he beat that makes him the legendary fighter that he is portrayed as?

Old Larry Holmes on short notice who didn't even have a training camp?

Arguably Tyson's vest win by the way.

Spinks? Who wasn't even really a heavyweight.

Razor Ruddock? A guy who gave Tyson hell twice but was obliterated in every other big fight he had.

Bruno?

Come on, who are the big names on his GOAT level resume?

The only two greats of his era that he fought were Holyfield and Lewis, and both soundly beat him. He's 0-3 against them. The other great from his era is Bowe, who he never fought.

OldBoy91 said:
Come on, who are the big names on his GOAT level resume?

Not to derail, this threads for Pav, but will give a short response.

Mike won 6 HW Championship Belts, that's more than Holyfield, Lennox, and Bowe combined.

Started on WBC champ Trevor Berbick, then All 9 HW Champs from WBA, WBC, IBF
https://www.martialbot.com/boxing/m/mike-tyson/world-titles.html

OldBoy91 said:
Razor Ruddock?
Bruno?

The two greats were Holyfield and Lewis, The other great from his era is Bowe, who he never fought.

Full credit to Evander and Lennox, both greats. Riddick Bowe was dirty fighter & a WEAK champ who IIRC fought as few times as he could get away with. A "great" wouldn't have ducked Mike.

Last edited:
How many non-English speakers are stars? You generally have to become champ to get attention if you don't speak English.
And that's their own fault working for an American company if they are actually bitching about it. I wouldn't look for work in Mexico without being able to speak Mexican.

He's going to have to be. The UFC is relying/going to rely on guys like him to rebuild the HW division (after the last of the established old guard retire - Stipe, Jones).

Jarl

He just needs to KO Tom and then one more person. Once he does that he will be the undisputed HW champion AND have the longest KO streak in UFC history. Marketing auto-pilot after that / forget these mental midgets that say he needs to have a marketing buzzline or whatever else WWE corporate bullshit they're spouting.

Not a superstar but a star? Other than 1 funny fanmade meme there's never really any buzz about him. And he has very little social media followers.

How much would this change with another violent performance at MSG? He looks like Brock (albeit w/ a breast-reduction), fights like Ngannou, & has Fedor-esque stoicism Joe.

Is there an angle or gimmick he can latch on to? What kind of 1-2 line promo could he cut if he wins to bolster his profile? Call out Usyk for a country-take-all boxing match? What's the play?
UFC Fans to Pavlovich
2f3640a3393b93b2fb5049e133de5addf3bef697aa7e96e11d866c2399f0b0e8.jpg

That being said, I'm still a fan of his work and always look forward to his fights.

He just needs to KO Tom and then one more person. Once he does that he will be the undisputed HW champion AND have the longest KO streak in UFC history. Marketing auto-pilot after that / forget these mental midgets that say he needs to have a marketing buzzline or whatever else WWE corporate bullshit they're spouting.

His best Marketing it's Destroy people he could be a Star, Even in WWE sometimes a Gimmick work even if the Superstsrs doesn't talk too much he only needs be scary.

Back