DJ can be a star if the UFC gets behind him more...

I'm sorry, please, quit living in imaginary world.
I understand your desire for a strong and heavy BF, but you don't need to pretend as strong as him.
Let your feminine side go, this is the way for you to understand why you don't like smaller people.

I can't get behind a dude who isn't big enough to pick me up, throw me down and give it to me hard on the ground

The guy is the P4P best fighter in the world. He just had one of the slickest finishes ever in MMA history and broke Andersons record. He is well spoken and and true martial artist. He is respectful to his opponents unless they talk shit but he always is a pro when he dismantles guys. Why is it so hard to push this guy? The UFC just needs to promote him better. He has a crazy highlight reel, all the credentials... Come on.

I know most of you will say because he's a FlyW. Honestly after that finish to break the record he should be a star. Anderson built his name by purely winning and winning in spectacular fashion. He didn't start to get the fan support until after the Forrest, first Chael fight and then his KO of Vitor. Before that he wasn't coming out to a ruckus crowd. A lot of people still didn't know him outside of hardcores.

I think if they push him and promote him more he could headline cards and get some decent numbers. Even now it's at the point where people will watch just to see if he loses.

Thoughts?

There's nothing UFC could have done to promote DJ that compares to him hitting that armbar on the same night he broke the title defence record. That was a star making move.

DJ now has crowds chanting his name, he's been recognized by ESPN as the fighter of the year, he's being put in commercials, he's being invited to gaming conventions, plus he's now the 3rd most discussed fighter on sherdog.

Star Level Before 216
>>>>> *

Star Level After 216
>>>>>>>>>>> *

DJ has broken through. Crowds will be invested in whatever his next fight is.

Last edited:
The whole point of title defenses is that you're supposed to be fighting the other best fighter in the division, ducking people defeats the purpose and makes him look realy weak.

Care to name the other best fighter in his division whom the champ is ducking?

Remember when ZUFFA/UFC or whoever mad an ENTIRE SEASON OF TUF to find him a #1 contender and talked about how dominant he is and how he has beaten everyone and nobody cared?

Remember when DJ headlines numerous PPV and free TV cards and sill nobody cared?

They have tried to push DJ, but the audience wasn’t buying what the UFC was selling. The UFC can’t force people to like someone.

Dj doesn't promote himself. He has no personality. His division is too weak.

If dj wants to get noticed he needs to start making some noise and take on the top 135ers.

Sits home playing video games online and barely says a controversial word about anyone. He's hardly marketable as a personality.

The video games will hone his reflexes. Would you say as a rule the stars in MMA talk trash? Offhand, I don't remember controversial words from George St.-Pierre, Fedor Emelianenko, Cain Velasquez or Anderson Silva; I think they were popular just because they fought so well.

People just don't seem interested in that division. The tournament to start the division kinda sucked in most people's eyes & it just never seem to catch on. Although, MM has been finishing people lately, he had so many fights that people felt were lackluster & safe, so many fans have missed his recent finishes & better performances. On top of that, the whole TJ debacle certainly didn't help....with fans or the organization. If that arm bar the other night didn't win him a second chance with fans, I doubt he'll ever be pushed at the level people think he may deserve.

Its a little late for the UFC to "get behind DJ" when he already has 11 title defenses. He's closer to the end of his career now.

The video games will hone his reflexes. Would you say as a rule the stars in MMA talk trash? Offhand, I don't remember controversial words from George St.-Pierre, Fedor Emelianenko, Cain Velasquez or Anderson Silva; I think they were popular just because they fought so well.
Cain and GSP both represented things bigger than themselves. Anderson and Fedor fought people bigger than themselves and destroyed them in spectacular fashion. Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey (and Mayweather) had larger-than-life personalities.

DJ actually could do any of these things. He's done none of them.

He needs to promote himself too.

He seems to not give a fuck about being popular.
most ufc fighters now put on an act trying to promote themselves and it comes off desperate
DJ just keeps it real kinda respect that

inb4 big muscular guys' admirers, that still haven't come out of the closet, will drop the "manlet" word here.

It has nothing to do with that. Its just weird thinking 'holy shit that referee could really hurt the little guy'

DJ settled for 100s of thousands instead of millions. The guy didn't want to take too much risk and come out of his comfort zone. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't complain or blame anybody else when it was your own choice.

Not many other fighters where pushed as much by the UFC than DJ. The guy had a whole TUF show about him and his division.

NO amount of UFC "push" or threads will make people care. Why you guys keep trying?..

I'v always maintained, the only way to promote him is to create the 115 division. Then he isn't the smallest champion around. Bantamweight got some legitimacy because theres a flyweight division, or else they would have been scapegoats.

my lil cousin whos a middle school regional wrestling champ is like mm's size and i can toss him around like hes nothing.

im confident i could powerbomb mighty mouse at will.

Back