Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

The skeleton key issue was the one major complaint I had with ROI when it came out. I'm stoked they finally fixed the issue.

I've been bored with the raid lately also. To combat that we've been running it with specific weapons to see if we can do it with just them. Make it a little more entertaining.

Agreed, while the skeleton keys were a good idea, the drop rates were pretty frustrating. I like the fact that we can earn one, rather than just pray to the RNG gods.

Sounds like a good idea with the raid, but WoTM just doesn't have much replay value in my eyes. It really just felt stale almost immediately, and I don't know if that's because the concept of raids in Destiny hasn't really changed, or because it just wasn't a very innovative raid all around. The idea of "boss is invincible, ads, some mechanic to make boss vulnerable, DPS, rinse, repeat" really isn't very exciting. I realize there's only so much they can do with Destiny and it's engine, as well as the P2P nature of the game, so I guess that's the only kind of mechanics we were going to get. The raid weapons being straight up old weapons was kind of shitty as well.... cool idea with SIVA modifying the weapon, but with non-varying perks the raid weapons aren't very exciting. None of them are top-notch weapons that I utilize normally when I play any other part of the game.

OK, end rant....

Agreed, while the skeleton keys were a good idea, the drop rates were pretty frustrating. I like the fact that we can earn one, rather than just pray to the RNG gods.

Sounds like a good idea with the raid, but WoTM just doesn't have much replay value in my eyes. It really just felt stale almost immediately, and I don't know if that's because the concept of raids in Destiny hasn't really changed, or because it just wasn't a very innovative raid all around. The idea of "boss is invincible, ads, some mechanic to make boss vulnerable, DPS, rinse, repeat" really isn't very exciting. I realize there's only so much they can do with Destiny and it's engine, as well as the P2P nature of the game, so I guess that's the only kind of mechanics we were going to get. The raid weapons being straight up old weapons was kind of shitty as well.... cool idea with SIVA modifying the weapon, but with non-varying perks the raid weapons aren't very exciting. None of them are top-notch weapons that I utilize normally when I play any other part of the game.

OK, end rant....
I agree.. I use the pulse rifle from time to time but its not better then the Blind Perdition. The Sniper is probably the only one I use on a regular basis honestly.

I think WoTM is one of the more ehhh raids. At times it just seems tedious and ho hum. VoG was and is still the best one if you ask me. Plus it simply had the best raid weapons. I wish they would bring it up to current light and change just a couple of things in it to make it more challenging.

I agree.. I use the pulse rifle from time to time but its not better then the Blind Perdition. The Sniper is probably the only one I use on a regular basis honestly.

I think WoTM is one of the more ehhh raids. At times it just seems tedious and ho hum. VoG was and is still the best one if you ask me. Plus it simply had the best raid weapons. I wish they would bring it up to current light and change just a couple of things in it to make it more challenging.

Steel Medulla is pretty cool, I agree. I don't think I've ever actually fired a round out of the sniper rifle though... I don't really snipe at all, more of a fusion guy. Vault of Glass was really a masterpiece and they did an amazing job with it. I think one of the reasons we all love it so much is because of how fucking (yes, cursing was needed) difficult that raid was when it first launched. The first few times I attempted it with a group of idiots off of LFG we couldn't even open the door without cheating. haha Then again we couldn't get past the Oracles because we just didn't good enough weapons. It was really the first "gut check" making you get your game together and play as a smarter guardian. And the weapons were worth it though... holy shit, Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, and Found Verdict were top of their class. Vex Mythoclast is also my favorite exotic in the game, especially in terms of the lore surrounding it. The damn gun goes back and forth in time so that the user doesn't ever have to charge-up like you would with a normal fusion rifle.

OK, end rant....
There just isn't that many things they can do with a raid in this game. Lots of raids in other games use the environment to make the fight more difficult, such as lighting an area of the arena on fire after a certain point but that's not really an option in Destiny because of the first-person view point. For all the shit people give the Crota raid they at least tried to change things up a bit there with the Thrall Maze, the Bridge, and even the Deathsinger.

Tried SRL again. Came in first or second, got nothing while other players got legendaries, turned it off.

Heads up for those still looking for that elusive Eyasluna, they're dropping in srl.

Lately, I've been having more fun using random exotics in the crucible over the more popular legendary guns. Red Death has been a lot of fun as has the Thorn. It also helps that I've been playing some Overwatch and when I go back to Destiny everything feels on point. Primary shots? Crispy as could be. Shade step game? On fleek, as the kids would say.

anyone get the icebreaker yet? I got the void and solar thunderlords but the icebreaker is on a rng thing like the thorn right?

anyone get the icebreaker yet? I got the void and solar thunderlords but the icebreaker is on a rng thing like the thorn right?

Icebreaker can only drop from turning in the Nightfall bounty from Zavala, so in that sense, yes, it's RNG, just like the Thorn. So far the drop rate seems to be astonishingly low... lots of people reporting doing the bounty 3x (once per character) and it not dropping for them or anybody on their fireteam. Either way it's the exact same thing as the old Icebreaker, so it's not something that's really very useful anymore.

I know I am a little late to comment on this (by a week or two) but it is laughable that they made IB Rift again.

Rift mode for IB was the straw that broke the camels back for me almost a year ago, when I stopped playing Destiny last January.

IB was the only thing keeping me coming back -> Bungie announced that IB would be Rift -> the internet (reddit) community freaked out and told them not to -> they still did it -> I quit playing Destiny for 8 months. I cam back in August for a few months but haven't touched it since TF2 and CoD IW dropped.

I read up on the new Icebreaker, so I might jump on and try to get that, but my be question is: Do SRL wins still count towards that Exotic Bounty for the handgun?

Icebreaker can only drop from turning in the Nightfall bounty from Zavala, so in that sense, yes, it's RNG, just like the Thorn. So far the drop rate seems to be astonishingly low... lots of people reporting doing the bounty 3x (once per character) and it not dropping for them or anybody on their fireteam. Either way it's the exact same thing as the old Icebreaker, so it's not something that's really very useful anymore.
well screw it then is it still gonna be aroud after the dawning event is over?

oh yeah why do ppl have to be fucktards that run into a group of taken to get a super streak only to die

I know I am a little late to comment on this (by a week or two) but it is laughable that they made IB Rift again.

Rift mode for IB was the straw that broke the camels back for me almost a year ago, when I stopped playing Destiny last January.

IB was the only thing keeping me coming back -> Bungie announced that IB would be Rift -> the internet (reddit) community freaked out and told them not to -> they still did it -> I quit playing Destiny for 8 months. I cam back in August for a few months but haven't touched it since TF2 and CoD IW dropped.

I read up on the new Icebreaker, so I might jump on and try to get that, but my be question is: Do SRL wins still count towards that Exotic Bounty for the handgun?
what hand gun?

Are you talking about the bounty for Chaperone where you have to get positive K/D's with The Last Word to move onto the next step? If so, then NO, it was in the patch notes that SRL wins wouldn't work for that bounty as they did last year.

There just isn't that many things they can do with a raid in this game. Lots of raids in other games use the environment to make the fight more difficult, such as lighting an area of the arena on fire after a certain point but that's not really an option in Destiny because of the first-person view point. For all the shit people give the Crota raid they at least tried to change things up a bit there with the Thrall Maze, the Bridge, and even the Deathsinger.

I agree with you about there limits within Destiny in terms of the raids. I also agree that Crota's End was an awesome raid and it was fucking hard as hell when it dropped. I'll tell you what man, doing the Heroic mode and getting across the bridge without cheesing it as a level 32 was absolutely, amazingly difficult. So few people actually completed that raid the way it was supposed to be ran that they have no concept of how difficult it truly was. Especially after TTK dropped and everybody goes in there and drops Crota with a single Gally shot, and then kills him with a single sword phase.

I'll tell you what man, doing the Heroic mode and getting across the bridge without cheesing it as a level 32 was absolutely, amazingly difficult. So few people actually completed that raid the way it was supposed to be ran that they have no concept of how difficult it truly was.

Truth. In fact I consider myself a seasoned Raider, and I still never did the bridge legit on Hard mode.

Truth. In fact I consider myself a seasoned Raider, and I still never did the bridge legit on Hard mode.

I hear you man... one single time, that's it. We had a guy in a group who refused to cheese it because he was convinced that if you cheesed the bridge the rewards would be less. 100% pure bullshit, but he was a buddy of one of the guys we played with often, so we gave it a shot. The only way we could do it was to switch everybody to Bubble Titans and put Bubbles under the pillars on each of the plates. Took us a long time to get through it and the rewards were the same as they always were. But yeah, that raid was much more difficult than people give it credit for because it was so cheese-able.

It really was a crushingly difficult raid. They did a great job designing it and could have patched the cheeses if they wanted to. I (for one) am glad they didn't.

It was pretty rough, I did the bridge legit the first time I went through and never again. It took us like an hour because of one guy that just could not kill his knight on the other side.

Back