Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Rift. Really Bungo...really? Are you trying to get people to stop playing.

Rift. Really Bungo...really? Are you trying to get people to stop playing.
I vaguely recall bungie saying they'd never have rift as IB again, and yet here we are.

I vaguely recall bungie saying they'd never have rift as IB again, and yet here we are.
I thought the same thing. If I wanted to get shit on by fireteams I'd go play Skirmish solo queuing.

@Ashton, @GSP4tw,

You are both 100% correct, it was only a few months ago during a Vi-Doc where they were talking with the crucible designers and they said IB Rift wasn't well received, and they said they were happy to give it a try, but they weren't going to do it again. I sincerely think it's a big "Fuck you" to all the people whining on the forums. The population is down so low right now that the matches are pretty much guaranteed lag. As much as I want some more helmets, and a good roll on the fusion rifle, I'm keeping my ass out of IB. I hope enough people do it so they get the point, but again, I'm almost positive it's a subtle way of saying "Fuck you" to the community.

@Ashton, @GSP4tw,

You are both 100% correct, it was only a few months ago during a Vi-Doc where they were talking with the crucible designers and they said IB Rift wasn't well received, and they said they were happy to give it a try, but they weren't going to do it again. I sincerely think it's a big "Fuck you" to all the people whining on the forums. The population is down so low right now that the matches are pretty much guaranteed lag. As much as I want some more helmets, and a good roll on the fusion rifle, I'm keeping my ass out of IB. I hope enough people do it so they get the point, but again, I'm almost positive it's a subtle way of saying "Fuck you" to the community.
I couldn't help myself and played it the IB bounties and weekly pvp bounty go hand and hand it took me 8 or 9 games to fill them all. One of the games got stopped by the mercy rule while I was still in orbit and I got a LL400 fusion rifle for my trouble. There was only one game with multiple laggy players and one with a fucking lagswitching cunt got that one one video. The drops have been decent to two fusion rifles, one scout rifle, the IB emblem, and a ghost.

So I'm seeing stuff that Bungo has nerfed even SBBM. THERE'S NOTHING THEY WON'T NERF!!!!!!!11!!!

Apparently, it's been live since sometime today. I haven't played any games today to see if there's a difference yet, but I'm interested.

they should list the shit they change instead of just letting ppl find out for themselves.

I'm torn on this new match making. I've noticed a bit better connections in game, but it doesn't matter if I'm on the team that's getting crushed or the team doing the crushing I hate blowout games. I've been seeing more of those since this change was implemented. Sometimes I get matched up against people from Primal and other times I get matched up against people that might not have thumbs.

I'm not sure how much LL come into play but getting guys in their 360s and 370s on a team agaist guys 390s+ seems a bit more competitive then I thought it would be maybe its just that the 390+ players just camping at their rift or by the spark area not doing shit is what makes it closer.

Just sitting here trying to patiently wait for The Dawning.

Just sitting here trying to patiently wait for The Dawning.

Destiny is a game of waiting, and then being disappointed. haha

I'm looking forward to it a bit and will give it a go. My raid ream loved SRL when it was here last time, so I imagine I'll be doing a good amount of racing with them. We're all getting pretty bored with the new raid, so at least this is something new. I LOVE the guaranteed skeleton key upon first Nightfall completion... great idea and I'm glad they chose to listen to the players.

Just won a race by 6 seconds and I got a blue sidearm...

High point of the Dawning so far has been getting the Rose of Acid ornament for the Thorn.

I wasn't a big fan of SRL last time around, but I played probably 10 races yesterday and I had some fun. I like the Strike scoring as well, but I will say that running it with randoms can make it difficult to fulfill the "Rainbow Medal" bounty. For that bounty you need to get a Primary Streak, a Secondary Streak, and a Heavy Streak "rapidly." I think "rapidly" means within about 30 seconds so it's doable, but when you get paired up with 2 stormcallers, on ArcBurn Heroic, when they pop their super and wipe out the whole room / wave of ads, it puts a halt to your streaks. Then pair that with it being ArcBurn, so you've got Zhalo chaining lighting everywhere, and it's a bit frustrating. Highly recommend going in with a team, just like most people did in Challenge of Elders, so you can kind of control who's doing what and when.

Edit: Like usual, people have already found a way around the issue I was describing with the "Rainbow Medals." Just load into Nightfall solo and take out the ads in the first areas. God damn, I feel silly now. haha

Last edited:
I also wanted to point out that I really enjoyed the new "Nexus" strike. The Aegis Shield was really fun to see again and that strike was a blast. I will also say that the new Omnigul strike is a mother-fucker with a capitol everything. If you haven't played it yet you are now trapped in the main room, and there are Ogres and Boomer-Knights that spawn in the "safe rooms" we used to utilize. So outside of a bubble there is really not much cover. Omnigul also disappears after taking a 25% damage, so no matter what it's a "4-phase" fight. I think that strike might be damned near impossible on Nightfall with ArcBurn.

Destiny is a game of waiting, and then being disappointed. haha

I'm looking forward to it a bit and will give it a go. My raid ream loved SRL when it was here last time, so I imagine I'll be doing a good amount of racing with them. We're all getting pretty bored with the new raid, so at least this is something new. I LOVE the guaranteed skeleton key upon first Nightfall completion... great idea and I'm glad they chose to listen to the players.
The skeleton key issue was the one major complaint I had with ROI when it came out. I'm stoked they finally fixed the issue.

I've been bored with the raid lately also. To combat that we've been running it with specific weapons to see if we can do it with just them. Make it a little more entertaining.

Back