Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

I was checking out Twitch to get a look at Final Fantasy 15 and after I got a decent look at that I clicked on Destiny and saw that Grenader Jake was doing a 36-hour stream so I checked that out for a minute and he made over 5 grand today.

Edit: Let's make that over $7,500.

Last edited:
In case nobody noticed, Bungie put together a video for the holiday event. They are calling it "The Dawning."

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45484/7_The-Dawning

I couldn't really give a shit about SRL, but I'm very interested in the "Strike Scoring Bounty System" and hoping it makes things a bit more fresh. We are getting at least 3 updated strikes (old strikes but with SIVA) and one of them is the Nexus... and it looks like the Aegis Shield (relic from Vault of Glass) is going to be in that strike... not sure why, but it could be fun. The other 2 guaranteed updated strikes are Will of Crota (Omnigul) and Shadow Thief (Tanniks The Scarred). They are saying the scoring system is going to be similar to what they have done with Challenge of Elders, but with strikes. Apparently Zavala will be giving out strike bounties now, so the whole thing will go through him.

Icebreaker is making a return. Looks like it's going to be a possible drop for completing the Nightfall bounty from Zavala... so I'm thinking it will be similar to how the Thorn bounty had to drop randomly. Also, we are FINALLY getting the VOID/SOLAR versions of Thunderlord which have been teased for almost 2 years now.

They also released a video of the new Omingul strike showing the Solar-Lord (or whatever it is going to be called) and watching the video it looks like green engrams are auto-dismantling straight into materials! That's a huge quality of life upgrade.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...o-emerge-for-destiny-s-the-dawning-event.aspx

Hopefully the new strike rework will make it enjoyable agian the whole needing keys for strike loot chest is stupid.

After seeing how much money Gernader Jake made yesterday, I jumped on Twitch to see what he made for the total 36 hours... it was about $14,000.

Hopefully the new strike rework will make it enjoyable agian the whole needing keys for strike loot chest is stupid.

I agree. I just started back up and rarely have keys so I can't get anything cool.

After seeing how much money Gernader Jake made yesterday, I jumped on Twitch to see what he made for the total 36 hours... it was about $14,000.
for what ToO?

for what ToO?
Yeah he's a pvp streamer. He does free carries for trials on Xbone. He's built himself a good following that is very supportive. He does things like 1v3's during Trials and posts the videos on YouTube. As he's doing it he breaks down what he's doing and why he's doing it for the people watching to give them some tips.

I agree. I just started back up and rarely have keys so I can't get anything cool.
Getting the keys to drop is like how it was trying to get the does not bow, imago loop, or any other strike only gear plus now you still might only get the armour or class item and not the gun. I think the winter run strike is the only one that is gun only whick I use that shotgun all the time in pve.

Yeah he's a pvp streamer. He does free carries for trials on Xbone. He's built himself a good following that is very supportive. He does things like 1v3's during Trials and posts the videos on YouTube. As he's doing it he breaks down what he's doing and why he's doing it for the people watching to give them some tips.
I might have seen him before doing ToO on blindwatch before they nerfed the shadestep got like 26 kills and no deaths won all the rounds but one due to that overtime capture shit.

I might have seen him before doing ToO on blindwatch before they nerfed the shadestep got like 26 kills and no deaths won all the rounds but one due to that overtime capture shit.
Very possible. I think he has like a 95% win rate or something along those lines.

Here's how you know people are bored of your content:

That's incredible

...I thought sparrowing across the hellmouth was impressive :eek:
No kidding. I've done the raid with people that can't make those jumps with their characters.

No kidding. I've done the raid with people that can't make those jumps with their characters.

Fuck man... did the raid a few weeks ago with a "know-it-all" and it took him 20 minutes to get that loot chest in the pipe after the Death Zamboni... holy fuck he just refused to go forward and kept on whining about the Warlock jump. Were I the fireteam leader I would have kicked his ass early, but wow... just took forever to do simple shit.

Fuck man... did the raid a few weeks ago with a "know-it-all" and it took him 20 minutes to get that loot chest in the pipe after the Death Zamboni... holy fuck he just refused to go forward and kept on whining about the Warlock jump. Were I the fireteam leader I would have kicked his ass early, but wow... just took forever to do simple shit.
well to be fair the warlock does have a shitty jump.

well to be fair the warlock does have a shitty jump.

It can be frustrating at times but it's usually quite effective. I don't mind having a momentary lapse of coherence and missing a jump or two, but for 20 minutes over a god damned loot chest in the raid? It was just insane and to keep on blaming the jump when you're obviously fucking something up is just silly.

It can be frustrating at times but it's usually quite effective. I don't mind having a momentary lapse of coherence and missing a jump or two, but for 20 minutes over a god damned loot chest in the raid? It was just insane and to keep on blaming the jump when you're obviously fucking something up is just silly.
how many loot chest are there in that raid? Was this just one of those worthless ones like the first one in the Crota's End Raid? I really really hate that there isn't the same type of jump for all classes and subclasses blink is garbage for range then the other two jumps pulling down if you don't look upwards then floating around and not drpping in pvp.

There are 5 not counting the monitor chests

Back