Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Yes, it has croaked. With Destiny 2 on the horizon and confirmation that our shit is gone, it's hard to get people back into the game regularly. You might see a jump if they announce carryover emblems or whatever that involve doing the Age of Triumph shit.

Even the "DestinyTheGame" sub on reddit isn't very active anymore. There's new threads everyday but this game is just stale... look at us poor addicted guardians... we're doing the same shit over and over to get weapons we already had, but Bungie made irrelevant. LMAO

Yeah, Iron Banner is here, but for most guardians there is no more advancement as most of us have been at 400LL for quite some time. I always love more loot and more chances at a great weapon, but at this point in the game there is nothing new to obtain and no new rolls. Everything about this game is just stale... then you throw in the horrible lag and the frustrating matchmaking and you get a game that's not even on it's last leg anymore : it's just dead.
What's crazy about it being dead, is that it still outperforms, on Twitch, so many games that were supposed to kill it. Well every game that's come out since its release was supposed to kill it but the only thing that could kill it was Bungo themselves.

What's crazy about it being dead, is that it still outperforms, on Twitch, so many games that were supposed to kill it. Well every game that's come out since its release was supposed to kill it but the only thing that could kill it was Bungo themselves.

That's actually surprising, but some of the other games (Overwatch / Divison) aren't super exciting to spectate, especially if you haven't played them and don't understand the mechanics of what's going on.

Destiny is an amazing game, likely my favorite in terms of hours played of all time, but at this point its content is exceptionally stale. Rather than them bringing up the raids I'd have loved to see a final DLC which set the stage for Destiny 2... some kind of Cabal invasion which we fight back, but fail. I don't know... that's my personal opinion. On the Bungie.net forums people have been crying for so long for Bungie to "bring back the old raids" so I'm glad they did it to appease everybody. Personally I would have rather put down another $20 for some new content, especially something epic which sets the stage for D2. To each their own, I understand resources are scarce, etc, etc.

That's actually surprising, but some of the other games (Overwatch / Divison) aren't super exciting to spectate, especially if you haven't played them and don't understand the mechanics of what's going on.

Rather than them bringing up the raids I'd have loved to see a final DLC which set the stage for Destiny 2... some kind of Cabal invasion which we fight back, but fail. I don't know... that's my personal opinion.

Was playing this mission last night and it occured to me that this is the only setup for Destiny 2 in the game that i can remember : http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Outbound_Signal

Was playing this mission last night and it occured to me that this is the only setup for Destiny 2 in the game that i can remember : http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Outbound_Signal

Pretty much, and I think that's the first mission in TTK. I like that it was setup early and we've been doing shit ever since, so there's time for something like it to actually happen in the lore. Just in my opinion this game really needed a new DLC which set the stage for D2, rather than re-vamped raids and giving us the chance to re-earn the same weapons which they made useless with TTK. It would have drawn a lot more people back to the game in my opinion.

But, again, I understand the time and resources needed to pull something like that off and I guess it just wasn't in the cards.

Pretty much, and I think that's the first mission in TTK. I like that it was setup early and we've been doing shit ever since, so there's time for something like it to actually happen in the lore. Just in my opinion this game really needed a new DLC which set the stage for D2, rather than re-vamped raids and giving us the chance to re-earn the same weapons which they made useless with TTK. It would have drawn a lot more people back to the game in my opinion.

But, again, I understand the time and resources needed to pull something like that off and I guess it just wasn't in the cards.

Its part of the Taken War storyline after the Taken King stuff ends, but i agree following on from that even if it was only a couple more missions would of been clearer ready for D2.

it's just dead.

Hahaha, I saw you online the night before last dude.

I get what you're saying. Again, I took a break and played nothing but CoD IW from November up until about two weeks ago, so I know how easy it can be to walk away from Destiny after the grinding we've all done.

I am having a ton of fun again though. I guess I just needed a break again.

I agree with you totally tanker. When you think about it, all they did was finally give us what we wanted: Our old weapons and gear back, and the Raid made relevant again. I posted about that on Reddit too. They didn't do anything new, they just rehashed the old.

Regardless of that, I am having a blast playing again. I doubt I'll stick it out until September, but for right now I'm enjoying it.

I've noticed a few more people on my PSN friends list picking it back up again, i've started playing a bit more just because i still needed to get my Warlock fully upgraded to try and at least get one of my characters to 400. Plus do some of the achievements i still havent gotten round to doing.

Hahaha, I saw you online the night before last dude.

I get what you're saying. Again, I took a break and played nothing but CoD IW from November up until about two weeks ago, so I know how easy it can be to walk away from Destiny after the grinding we've all done.

I am having a ton of fun again though. I guess I just needed a break again.

Yeah, I played IB with my old raid guys for about 2 hours and it was just boring... same maps, same shit, special weapons outside of IceBreaker and sidearms were dead. Not much fun at all... we tried doing Crota a few weeks ago but it was so glitchy that it just wasn't going to happen. It's funny how they fix the bridge so we cant' cheese it, but they won't fix Crota's well known and historic glitches. Though I will say doing the Bridge was actually pretty cool and I like how they altered that encounter.

I'm just pretty soured out on Destiny... I took a 3 month break and came back for the updated raids, but it's just not very exciting anymore. It's not their fault though, I have so many hours in this game it's unreal... without constant, monthly updates this game had no choice but to get stale.

Yeah, I played IB with my old raid guys for about 2 hours and it was just boring... same maps, same shit, special weapons outside of IceBreaker and sidearms were dead. Not much fun at all... we tried doing Crota a few weeks ago but it was so glitchy that it just wasn't going to happen. It's funny how they fix the bridge so we cant' cheese it, but they won't fix Crota's well known and historic glitches. Though I will say doing the Bridge was actually pretty cool and I like how they altered that encounter.

I'm just pretty soured out on Destiny... I took a 3 month break and came back for the updated raids, but it's just not very exciting anymore. It's not their fault though, I have so many hours in this game it's unreal... without constant, monthly updates this game had no choice but to get stale.
With all the work they did to bring in new raid armour, update the PoE , Nightfall, Raids, and what not I thought I'd get a couple more months out of it but after grinding the last couple week and then running into lag in the IB I'm done for a bit.

With all the work they did to bring in new raid armour, update the PoE , Nightfall, Raids, and what not I thought I'd get a couple more months out of it but after grinding the last couple week and then running into lag in the IB I'm done for a bit.

I thought the exact same thing but I'm in the same boat man... sounded like it was going to be a nice "refresh" of content, but it's still stale as hell.

I'm just going to grind out to get some extra infusion materials so I can get all three classes at 400. My Hunter and Warlock are there, but it is dependent on weapons I select. My Titan is at 398 I think, so by the time I get through IB this weekend I should be done.

I'll probably still play though, just to get some more Adept stuff and work on my book, but I totally get what you guys are saying. Like I mentioned, I took a break from November till April myself.

Showing off some of the Armour sets I have.
I had the regular Kallipolis full set too, but I must have deleted the gauntlets because I can't find them anywhere... I deleted all my VoG and Crota stuff too, as well as some year one FWC stuff but whatever.

Last edited:
I thought the exact same thing but I'm in the same boat man... sounded like it was going to be a nice "refresh" of content, but it's still stale as hell.
after seeing the range on the yr3 fatebringer it really took the wind out of my sails. The main reason I was even going to run the new VoG was for that gun but other then the arc dmg the fakebringer can get better stats. It would've been nice if non adept weapons came with random rolls where you could get god rolls that away the stuff would be worth running each week. I still want to get a full set of the Crota armour and maybe the VoG adept scout rifle but that will be after I finish Mass Effect.

Weird thing: I HAD the incarnadine Shader, but now that the year three Triumphs book is out, it is no longer unlocked for me in the kiosk.

Weird.

I did have it though. I uploaded this video in October of 2016:

Hit 100% on my year three Moments of Triumph book.

Also did Wrath of the Machine's first half, killed Vosek in challenge mode and got some sweet drops.

I'm REALLY looking forward to trying out that Sidearm. It looks deadly af.

Damn I must be the only person playing this game from Sherdog.

It's been a while since I've ran the Wrath of the Machine and I forgot a lot of the mechanics. Dude. It took us a while to get our grove on Aksis just to finish the first phase. We didn't even TRY the second phase, due to it being 1am by the time we got through it that far.

So now I have the Aksis Checkpoint, and hopefully tonight we'll all pull it together. I haven't done any actual reading on the Aksis challenge mode so I don't know what we need to do yet.

I used to play countless matches a week in the Crucible but the latest changes have made me not want to play at all.

Back