Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Got the helmet, chest piece, vision of confluence adept along with the timepiece. Highly recommend using sleeper for dps on Atheon.
First ornaments options on the vog armor looks sick too

I have ran into the odd douche from LFG, but 90% of the time I have met some really good guys and some of them have become friends and clan members.

Last week my friends started asking me to pop the disc back in and help them on a raid because they needed a 6th. I popped it in and haven't taken it out since. I'm frigging hooked again.

Got the year three Necrochasm. Right after I( got it, another Husk of the Pit dropped, so I started that grind again, because the Necrochasm drops at 400 no matter what your light level is, so #infusionmaterial

My light level is low on my primary character, only 393. That's always an issue with this game: being underpowered and forever chasing the top light level. But next week VoG comes out with Challenge mode. That should be intense.

Picked up a 261 Husk of the Pit last night that i need to start getting sorted into a Eidolon Ally

I won't be keeping any armour pieces from VoG (never been a fan) but I will be keeping all the weapons.

We ran through last night up to Atheon. I got the Adept Atheons Epilogue (sweet drop) from the Templar, as well as the Praetorian Foil and my favorite shotgun, Found Verdict! So happy to have my baby back. I am very stoked on the prospect of getting Praedyths Revenge back. Best Legendary sniper in game IMO. I am also very stoked on the idea of getting an Adept Fatebringer.

We didn't have time to finish Atheon, but I noticed one thing: The timing is TIGHT. It's not easy to get your three "outside people" in on time to shoot the oracles. Plus the whole mechanical complication of needing someone outside to hold the portal open, etc. It's going to take some trying to get that shit smooth...

I will have to do some homework on this one, and watch some videos before trying it again.

Here's my sweetie-pie:

Picked up a 261 Husk of the Pit last night that i need to start getting sorted into a Eidolon Ally
Just FYI, don't bother infusing it to raise the Light Level. Once you meet all the requirements to turn it into the Necrochasm, it will roll out at 400LL.

Hopefully you got the Husk that only needs Thrall kills. There is also a Wizard one and a Knight one, but the Thrall one is obviously the easiest. If you run and wipe the "Dark Beyond" mission about 5 times you'll have it charged into the Eidolon Ally.

Because I am only about 395LL right now, I am working on a second Husk as well, because I will be able to use the 400 weapon for infusion. Why not, right?

Just FYI, don't bother infusing it to raise the Light Level. Once you meet all the requirements to turn it into the Necrochasm, it will roll out at 400LL.

Hopefully you got the Husk that only needs Thrall kills. There is also a Wizard one and a Knight one, but the Thrall one is obviously the easiest. If you run and wipe the "Dark Beyond" mission about 5 times you'll have it charged into the Eidolon Ally.

Because I am only about 395LL right now, I am working on a second Husk as well, because I will be able to use the 400 weapon for infusion. Why not, right?

Yeah i got the Thrall one, i did a run through of that mission once last night,, glad to see only 5 times should get it charged.

I had no ideal there was a wizard and thrall version I got the knight one and was like WTF. Good thing the rocket yard had three of them right by each other the wizard one sounds like a pain.

This isn't easy, but I think it's worth practicing. I spent a few hours working on getting smooth with this last night, but the problem with doing it solo is that every single add on the map is ONLY shooting at you because there is no one else to shoot at. Add to that, my Light Level was only 394 at the time, so I had to boost armour and drop agility which sucks, because I could feel my movement wasn't as fast.

It's super hard to get started but once you get into the rhythm... ...well, it's still super hard. But I think it's the best strat for blocking his teleports. Especially if you have a full raid team to take some of the fire from adds and to dish out DPS on the Templar. We're going to try it Friday night.

Credit to /r/esoterikk from the destiny Reddit for sharing this technique. He solo'ed it and defeated the Templar. I'll just assume he is 400 Light and had his agility maxed.

Why'd they cut the range so much on the Fatebringer? In yr1 it's range was right up there with the Hawkmoons range it's like when they decided to nerf the Hawkmoons range they said fuck it and nerfed all yr1 mid rof hand cannons range and never took time to boost the yr3 Fatebringers range.

This isn't easy, but I think it's worth practicing. I spent a few hours working on getting smooth with this last night, but the problem with doing it solo is that every single add on the map is ONLY shooting at you because there is no one else to shoot at. Add to that, my Light Level was only 394 at the time, so I had to boost armour and drop agility which sucks, because I could feel my movement wasn't as fast.

It's super hard to get started but once you get into the rhythm... ...well, it's still super hard. But I think it's the best strat for blocking his teleports. Especially if you have a full raid team to take some of the fire from adds and to dish out DPS on the Templar. We're going to try it Friday night.

Credit to /r/esoterikk from the destiny Reddit for sharing this technique. He solo'ed it and defeated the Templar. I'll just assume he is 400 Light and had his agility maxed.

I watch Esoterikk's youtube channel. He's a Destiny god, IMO.

Hey Guys,

Just a heads up, the Vanguard scout rifle, Angel's Advocate, has a pretty amazing roll this week. Outlaw, explosive rounds, firefly.... it's a lower impact scout rifle, but I'm having a really good time with this rifle.

Picked up a few Husk of the Pit's last night, and I lucked out and got the Thrall version. So got that all finished up, just need to kill Crota. We ran it a few times last week but man was Crota glitchy as all hell. I don't know why Crota, in particular, is so receptive to lag, but holy hell... he starts to kneel, then just gets up in a 1/2 second to smash the sword bearer. Shooting the OverSoul with Golden Gun / Celestial Nighthawk (should be OHK) isn't registering damage... just some frustrating stuff. My favorite is the Sword Bearer taking damage until his health bar is at zero, then teleporting, and showing up with a fresh health bar. We all had green bars and went to orbit a few times but it was just glitchly like all hell... needless to say we gave it up before a controller was smashed.

Hahaha, sounds like the usual Hardmode raid glitchiness.

I was introduced to some elite Mofo's last week and the two guys walked us through the Crota 390 challenge mode in 33 minutes start to finish - and we weren't TRYING to hurry.

I like how they do it:

Weapons of light bubble on the rock beside Crotas' area, down Crota, sword him, dip back into bubble, ignore the first oversoul, down Crota, sword him, Golden Gun both Oversouls at once.

Deadly.

Thanks for the heads up on that rifle. Funny thing: I just got that rifle last night, and it dropped at the exact same time as the new Ice Breaker.
Angels Advocate dropped at 394 and Icebreaker dropped I think at 380. I infused the AA sniper into the Ice Breaker, but I didn't want to do it. I wanted to keep the AA Sniper. But now this roll you're talking about is much better than to roll I had anyways, so all's well!!

Hahaha, sounds like the usual Hardmode raid glitchiness.

I was introduced to some elite Mofo's last week and the two guys walked us through the Crota 390 challenge mode in 33 minutes start to finish - and we weren't TRYING to hurry.

I like how they do it:

Weapons of light bubble on the rock beside Crotas' area, down Crota, sword him, dip back into bubble, ignore the first oversoul, down Crota, sword him, Golden Gun both Oversouls at once.

Deadly.

Thanks for the heads up on that rifle. Funny thing: I just got that rifle last night, and it dropped at the exact same time as the new Ice Breaker.
Angels Advocate dropped at 394 and Icebreaker dropped I think at 380. I infused the AA sniper into the Ice Breaker, but I didn't want to do it. I wanted to keep the AA Sniper. But now this roll you're talking about is much better than to roll I had anyways, so all's well!!

You brought up something that might have been our problem with the oversoul : you said BOTH oversouls. Does that mean if you ignore the first one you have to kill TWO at the end of sword phase?

You brought up something that might have been our problem with the oversoul : you said BOTH oversouls. Does that mean if you ignore the first one you have to kill TWO at the end of sword phase?
you should have time and only need to kill it just one time once you drop Crota for the second time just have every one shoot it.

you should have time and only need to kill it just one time once you drop Crota for the second time just have every one shoot it.

Thanks for clarifying... so it was likely the lag then which was screwing us over.

Thanks for clarifying... so it was likely the lag then which was screwing us over.
yeah probably the first team I went with was having to same problem with the sword bearer would olny get a couple hits in before he stood up and the oversoul would usually wipe us a real cluster fuck for something fairly simple.

Yes you will kill both with the single Celestial shot. They overlap. First one spawns and stays active as you Sword Crota the second time, second one spawns and then you shoot once to kill them both.

If you shoot BEFORE the second one spawns, you'll have to kill them separately. Because the first oversoul is active, I don't think you can get a visual cue when the second one becomes actove, so you have to listen for it to spawn.

You have to give the second one time to spawn before shooting or you're fucked.

I picked up the Angels Advocate. Thanks for the heads up. Didn't realize it is a scout rifle. I thought you said it was a sniper so my post above was wrong. I infused the Seventh Sense sniper into my icebreaker.

Stoked to have this scout.

So we hit up VoG over the weekend. I got a couple Atheons' Epilogues (Adept) and my 3rd Praetorian Foil, but more importantly - Three of us got the Adept Fatebringer and a couple got the Vision of Confluence.

The drops are so much more generous. It's nice. I brought all three characters up to 399 Light, if I load out the right weapons. We have a foolproof system for the Templar, but we couldn't pull off the Atheon Challenge. It's tough as hell, even after watching Strategy Videos.

Templar is so easy now though, now that we have our strategy tight it's hard to fail.

We also got the Blind Labyrinth achievement last night (Killed all Gorgons in the Lair). That was fun, and on the last one things got a little sketchy because it spotted us early and I was stuck on a rock when I was trying to sword it.

Last edited:
I was doing some clash earlier and came across a guy on the other team who was part of a three man fireteam but he was the only one able to play. I've never seen that before the other two must've been in orbit I was waiting for it to be 8 vs 6 that never happened but he redbarred the whole game.

Damn, I miss the days when the Destiny Threads were hoppin' with a lot of people participating.

Iron Banner is back as Control. It is so easy to rank up, and the drops are out of this world. I played for a couple hours and had 5 primaries, 3 secondaries, 2 boots, 3 chest pieces and one artifact drop.

The new IB Sniper is a pea-shooter. Literally almost ZERO damage/impact, but it was good infusion fodder and it brought my Ice Breaker to 400.

We started the Kings Fall Challenge mode raid. Had to stop at Golgoroth, but I got an Arc Anguish of Drystan Autorifle from the War Priest so I am pretty happy with that. It came with a couple stability options (Fitted stock and Braced frame) that I can pick from. Should be good.

Damn, I miss the days when the Destiny Threads were hoppin' with a lot of people participating.

Iron Banner is back as Control. It is so easy to rank up, and the drops are out of this world. I played for a couple hours and had 5 primaries, 3 secondaries, 2 boots, 3 chest pieces and one artifact drop.

The new IB Sniper is a pea-shooter. Literally almost ZERO damage/impact, but it was good infusion fodder and it brought my Ice Breaker to 400.

We started the Kings Fall Challenge mode raid. Had to stop at Golgoroth, but I got an Arc Anguish of Drystan Autorifle from the War Priest so I am pretty happy with that. It came with a couple stability options (Fitted stock and Braced frame) that I can pick from. Should be good.

Even the "DestinyTheGame" sub on reddit isn't very active anymore. There's new threads everyday but this game is just stale... look at us poor addicted guardians... we're doing the same shit over and over to get weapons we already had, but Bungie made irrelevant. LMAO

Yeah, Iron Banner is here, but for most guardians there is no more advancement as most of us have been at 400LL for quite some time. I always love more loot and more chances at a great weapon, but at this point in the game there is nothing new to obtain and no new rolls. Everything about this game is just stale... then you throw in the horrible lag and the frustrating matchmaking and you get a game that's not even on it's last leg anymore : it's just dead.

Back