Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Getting rid of all the special ammo and the constant nerf to Hand Cannon range.
that special ammo thing is stupid I don't see why sidearms get magazine full each respawn yet other special lose every thing each respawn and have to pick up new shit each time unless using the two that spawn their own. As for the hand cannons the dumb fucks need to be castrated for that shit they cut the range and made the mid rof hand cannon the only useable ones. I've been buzy doing the pvp weapons vendor so by the time I get those done I'm sick of pvp and hand cannon bounty has only been up there twice so I'm just sticking with the bounties.

Well to be fair, everyone was bitching about getting sniped from across map with the last word, etc. I mean if they left it, half would complain, and since they changed it, the other half complain.

Regarding special ammo, I like this system much more than any previous system. Special spawns in various places across the maps on a consistent basis, and as long as you stay alive long enough, you'll be sure to get some on almost every single spawn.

I don't know man. I feel they are finally starting to actually hit a balance with the Crucible. People are running their primary weapons as actual primaries, and their secondaries as actual secondaries. I'm not getting fucked up by shotguns nearly as much these days. I think they have got it right, but that is all based on Iron Banner. I haven't played much crucible lately other than that, but I will be this weekend probably.

We got together and finished hard Mode Aksis last night, but couldn't pull our shit together to do the "Challenge mode".

I hear about guys three-manning it, but I don't know HTF they do the necessary DPS because we struggled to get him down with all six of us alive: three with Dark Drinkers and three with choice launchers. I met a guy through a clan mate who does the three-man, so I am going to hook up with him and ask him a bunch of questions, because there's no way I am going to figure it out on my own.

Well to be fair, everyone was bitching about getting sniped from across map with the last word, etc. I mean if they left it, half would complain, and since they changed it, the other half complain.

Regarding special ammo, I like this system much more than any previous system. Special spawns in various places across the maps on a consistent basis, and as long as you stay alive long enough, you'll be sure to get some on almost every single spawn.

I don't know man. I feel they are finally starting to actually hit a balance with the Crucible. People are running their primary weapons as actual primaries, and their secondaries as actual secondaries. I'm not getting fucked up by shotguns nearly as much these days. I think they have got it right, but that is all based on Iron Banner. I haven't played much crucible lately other than that, but I will be this weekend probably.
TLW and Thorn needed to be nerfed not all of the Hand Cannons. There is no reason that the hand cannon with the worst listed range in the game should've ever had the range it did due to the stupid ass hipfire perk where instead of having a short ass range as listed it had the mid rof hc range when hipfired. There is no goddamn reason TLW / 1000 yard stare meta in PvP should've ever cuased the fucks at bungie to nerf a whole weapon class more then it was after yr1.

I whined and bitch about shotguns for years and I'm glad they finally did something about it... not going to lie though, they went overboard and made it so that sidearms and Icebreaker are the only logical option in PvP. Whatever... game is dead and Bungie is doing as much CPR as they can to give it just enough life to live until D2 releases. We'll see how it all goes but upping the raids, rather than some kind of new content, wasn't the best move. I realize people had been begging for it for a long time so I understand why they did it. I will also give them props for what the modification they made to the bridge in Crota... that's a lot more fun and it makes it feel more like a raid encounter than it did previously.

TLW and Thorn needed to be nerfed not all of the Hand Cannons. There is no reason that the hand cannon with the worst listed range in the game should've ever had the range it did due to the stupid ass hipfire perk where instead of having a short ass range as listed it had the mid rof hc range when hipfired. There is no goddamn reason TLW / 1000 yard stare meta in PvP should've ever cuased the fucks at bungie to nerf a whole weapon class more then it was after yr1.

Almost everything they do is a knee-jerk reaction and has a blanket effect.

Almost everything they do is a knee-jerk reaction and has a blanket effect.
you know how it goes people only remember the shit they screw up not the stuff they fix. The pvp is alot more balanced then it was when everyone was running the clever dragon and matador 64 I just hate them always nerfing the handcannons especially right after they released that last weapon rebalance then a short time later nerfed the range on them agian. Plus I still don't get the damn Truth nerf that was my go to void burn launcher for strikes.

I whined and bitch about shotguns for years and I'm glad they finally did something about it... not going to lie though, they went overboard and made it so that sidearms and Icebreaker are the only logical option in PvP. Whatever... game is dead and Bungie is doing as much CPR as they can to give it just enough life to live until D2 releases. We'll see how it all goes but upping the raids, rather than some kind of new content, wasn't the best move. I realize people had been begging for it for a long time so I understand why they did it. I will also give them props for what the modification they made to the bridge in Crota... that's a lot more fun and it makes it feel more like a raid encounter than it did previously.
They running the Crota one agian next week or is it going to be random now?

They running the Crota one agian next week or is it going to be random now?

I can't find anything which definitively says either way, but I don't think they would make it random because there's a good chance we would see the same raid 4-5 weeks in a row. Ever launched into the same strike 4-5x in a row, even though there's 10+ strikes?

So I would be willing to guess that Crota starts next week and the cycle will just repeat itself.

Edit: Just looking at the weekly update from yesterday and this was mentioned in there :

"If you wish to complete this Triumph, you have through the weekly reset on Tuesday, April 25th to complete Wrath of the Machine as the featured raid until it returns on May 16th."

So it's certainly on a loop and that means you'll meet Crota next week!

Last edited:
good because that the only one I do "know what to do" and the only armour set I like for the titan.

I ran hardmode VoG yesterday just for fun, and got a full set of armour except for the gauntlets, in one run

Grieves, Chestpiece, helpmet and cloak. I was a little bummed on not getting a legendary VoC or Atheons Epilogue, but happy that I just need once piece to finish off that collection.

Then we started Kings Fall because I need the gauntlets for that set too. Got stuck on a glitch-laden Warpriest and went to be dejected.

Truth nerf was just another Trials-inspired balance patch running a weapon into the ground. Everyone switched to Truth on the heavy round in Trials. I'd bet their metric showed a 99.9% usage rate, with the 0.01% being lazy bastards or people that somehow didn't get 15 of them from exotic chests.

Truth nerf was just another Trials-inspired balance patch running a weapon into the ground. Everyone switched to Truth on the heavy round in Trials. I'd bet their metric showed a 99.9% usage rate, with the 0.01% being lazy bastards or people that somehow didn't get 15 of them from exotic chests.

I experimented with machine guns in crucible for a while but didn't do very well. Once I switched to Truth, due to the urging on my raid team members, I did much better overall in Crucible. There was just no need to use any other weapon in the heavy slot because it had both "Tracking" and "Grenades and Horseshoes."

I will say the nerf felt silly but the more I think about it, not so much. EVERYBODY has Gjallarhorn now, so that's what most people will use in PvE and I think most were still using Truth in PvP. Even on "Void Burn" I wouldn't bother using Truth because a machine gun or sword is much more effective in PvE, so the nerf actually does make a bit of sense with some more thought. Single rocket in the tube, but max reload speed, still makes it a powerful weapon but it doesn't allow you to drop 3 rockets in 3 seconds as it used to.

All in, as much I have cried over the years about how much I hate shotguns, I think the meta is pretty boring and they went overboard with the special ammo economy. Very much a game of "sidearm rushers" and "IceBreaker spawn campers." I played the last Iron Banner for a few hours and was just bored to tears with the gameplay... I missed my fusion rifle and just wasn't having much fun. I loved the primary battles but anytime someone was in close it became a matter of who could spam their sidearm faster.

Personally I like the new special ammo system, and just flank campers. You're basically guaranteed special ammo in almost every spawn if you can manage to stay alive for about a minute.

Truth's tracking is insane too, it cuts turns faster than any other tracking rocket, and I believe someone proved that it has a larger grenades and horseshoes triggering radius than any other launcher as well.
Look at 31 seconds in this video, there's no escape

Personally I like the new special ammo system, and just flank campers. You're basically guaranteed special ammo in almost every spawn if you can manage to stay alive for about a minute.

I haven't found this to be the case, but like I said, I only played a few hours. When I had my fusion equipped more often than not I didn't have any ammo for it. I'm not very good at PvP in Destiny so dying not only gave the opposite team points, but it was a net multiplier for them because that also took away my ability to have special ammo for a period of time. This being the case the sidearm was the only prudent choice for me... to each their own, but I just didn't enjoy playing like that.

Truth's tracking is insane too, it cuts turns faster than any other tracking rocket, and I believe someone proved that it has a larger grenades and horseshoes triggering radius than any other launcher as well.
Look at 31 seconds in this video, there's no escape

I think that video is really a good reason why the magazine was nerfed... guy fired off 3 highly aggressive tracking rockets with proximity fuses in a very short amount of time. Why use ANYTHING else in your heavy slot?

That's right, zero reason to use anything else in the heavy slot. I agree completely that it needed a change since it dominated the heavy slot since the first time someone fired it in pvp in 2014. Truth is even more useless now in pve than it ever was before. They should have tripled the damage or something to maintain at least some level of viability. Rockets are nearly always one hit kills in pvp anyway.

That's my biggest problem with bungie's balancing philosophy. They typically will remove something to combat a problem in one game type, while giving zero thought to the repercussions of those changes in other game types. I really hope they re-evaluate this sort of thing in Destiny 2

That's right, zero reason to use anything else in the heavy slot. I agree completely that it needed a change since it dominated the heavy slot since the first time someone fired it in pvp in 2014. Truth is even more useless now in pve than it ever was before. They should have tripled the damage or something to maintain at least some level of viability. Rockets are nearly always one hit kills in pvp anyway.

That's my biggest problem with bungie's balancing philosophy. They typically will remove something to combat a problem in one game type, while giving zero thought to the repercussions of those changes in other game types. I really hope they re-evaluate this sort of thing in Destiny 2

I agree about how PvP balance ALWAYS hurts PvE, but really, how often do you find yourself using Truth in PvE? Under what circumstances would it be beneficial to use Truth in PvE? As I said everybody has a Gjallarhorn which is better in every way for PvE... even on void burn I remember somebody doing a video where Gjally was doing more damage than Truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back