Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

When they hit the Sunbreaker not long after Taken King dropped it became pretty pathetic in PvP. The nerf to hammer tracking, cauterize, armor, and hammer explosion radius was absolutely brutal!

They went overboard like they always do. Some players complained about cauterize and armor, not the rest. There was also a period of time where the hammers were bugged. Sometimes they would do damage, but not kill with one hit so what was the point?

When they hit the Sunbreaker not long after Taken King dropped it became pretty pathetic in PvP. The nerf to hammer tracking, cauterize, armor, and hammer explosion radius was absolutely brutal!
Hammers needed to be brought back in line when the first nerf happened to them. It was like having 8 golden gun shots that tracked, caused combustion and healed you. They were ridiculous, but of course bungo went a bit overboard.

Hammers needed to be brought back in line when the first nerf happened to them. It was like having 8 golden gun shots that tracked, caused combustion and healed you. They were ridiculous, but of course bungo went a bit overboard.

Agreed, a nerf was warranted, but as you suggested, they went overboard (way more than a bit in my opinion). Really they pushed most of back to playing as Strikers because what good is a hammer that won't track the target and still blows up too early, with too small of a blast radius? It really went from seeing Solar Titans in every single match to almost laughing when I would see one after a few weeks.

They went overboard like they always do. Some players complained about cauterize and armor, not the rest. There was also a period of time where the hammers were bugged. Sometimes they would do damage, but not kill with one hit so what was the point?

Yeah, after that first nerf the detonation radius remained the same, but the explosion radius was decreased, so hammers were still exploding within the same proximity as before, but their effective blast radius had shrunk so hammers were actually difficult to use.

Agreed, a nerf was warranted, but as you suggested, they went overboard (way more than a bit in my opinion). Really they pushed most of back to playing as Strikers because what good is a hammer that won't track the target and still blows up too early, with too small of a blast radius? It really went from seeing Solar Titans in every single match to almost laughing when I would see one after a few weeks.
before solar titans all I ever used was the defender mainly for the sticky grenades and ward of dawn in control I might go back. It just seemed ppl was pissed at the skating titans with max health so figured that health nerf would go to the strikers. Now the sunbreakers are lower then both the defender and striker and I was getting killed by splash dmg from grenades that use to not kill me.

That feeling when Shaxx finally gives you a Palindrome for a crucible rank up, but the only usable perks it has make it the same as the vendor roll.

That feeling when Shaxx finally gives you a Palindrome for a crucible rank up, but the only usable perks it has make it the same as the vendor roll.
I really hate that even with strike guns they got the damn HoW shit perks instead of a usable basic perk like hand laid stock. As for the palindrome I've been getting alot of those by buying purple endgrams from the cryptarchs I've seem to be having better rolls when buying from them. One of the last ones I got had sureshot is, luck in the chamber, small bore, and hidden hand on smaller maps the thing works good.

I really hate that even with strike guns they got the damn HoW shit perks instead of a usable basic perk like hand laid stock. As for the palindrome I've been getting alot of those by buying purple endgrams from the cryptarchs I've seem to be having better rolls when buying from them. One of the last ones I got had sureshot is, luck in the chamber, small bore, and hidden hand on smaller maps the thing works good.
Yeah, that's what I do when the Tower Cryptarch or the Felwinter's Peak Cryptarch are selling primary engrams. I've also had better luck getting decent weapons that way, that's how I got my Palindrome with Luck in the Chamber and Icarus. Shaxx loves to give me Satrienne Rapiers, for about a week every crucible rep I got up was giving me that gun.

holy fuck the lag is real nobody wanted to die today and fuck the damn rng seems ppl are using alot of auto rifles and handcannons with sidearms and sniper rifles the shit seems farely balanced even more so without laggy players playing.

I thought bungie was going to start booting ppl from pvp who lagged all the time must've been another one of their lies It's really shitty when you get whole 6 man fireteams that are all lagging.

I thought bungie was going to start booting ppl from pvp who lagged all the time must've been another one of their lies It's really shitty when you get whole 6 man fireteams that are all lagging.

I don't remember them ever saying anything about this... do you have a source? I think they only mention lag in terms of the magic "Damage Referee."
Unfortunately you're just experiencing a super low player base right now, so until some new content drops the lag is going to be vicious.

I don't remember them ever saying anything about this... do you have a source? I think they only mention lag in terms of the magic "Damage Referee."
Unfortunately you're just experiencing a super low player base right now, so until some new content drops the lag is going to be vicious.
they brought it up once they finally admitted that there was a problem with ddos attacks in trials.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-internet-warning/

Last edited:
Anybody else get the feeling bungie is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks at this point? I can only assume that they're using Destiny as a test-bed for Destiny 2 features/balance.

Anybody else get the feeling bungie is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks at this point? I can only assume that they're using Destiny as a test-bed for Destiny 2 features/balance.
Pretty much. There's probably 2 guys and the janitor left 'working' on Destiny. They just get Deej to write a weekly write up saying the same shit week after week and hope it appeases people. There's no way they didn't see sidearms becoming abused after they tweaked the special but they did it anyway and now they have to tweak things again... come on now. Or Blade Dancer being nerfed because one of the devs was tired of being killed by them.

Pretty much. There's probably 2 guys and the janitor left 'working' on Destiny. They just get Deej to write a weekly write up saying the same shit week after week and hope it appeases people. There's no way they didn't see sidearms becoming abused after they tweaked the special but they did it anyway and now they have to tweak things again... come on now. Or Blade Dancer being nerfed because one of the devs was tired of being killed by them.
I haven't played as a bladedancer yet since the tweak and probably won't but did notice that one hammer would kill them after they just got done killing a team mate. This whole we took away the oversheild after a kill but gave them more health is fucking bs if it's anything like cauterize that extra health ain't shit. This is what the second nerf in a row for hunters and they even managed to fuck up the sunbreaker and sunsinger due to the nerf.

Well, at least they just confirmed that our characters won't be entirely wiped for Destiny 2

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708

Well, your characters appearance won't be wiped, but everything else will be cleansed. I'm cool with it either way... it would be cool for D2 to have a whole new slew of classes and sub-classes with new abilities. Not overly excited for the "new content" which appears to be some sort of new VoG mission (speculation on my part). We already had the Vault of Glass raid, and then we went back in to fight the Wolves, and again to fight the Taken. Unless it's something really off the wall I don't think they're going to attract a lot of people back to the game.

Well, your characters appearance won't be wiped, but everything else will be cleansed. I'm cool with it either way... it would be cool for D2 to have a whole new slew of classes and sub-classes with new abilities. Not overly excited for the "new content" which appears to be some sort of new VoG mission (speculation on my part). We already had the Vault of Glass raid, and then we went back in to fight the Wolves, and again to fight the Taken. Unless it's something really off the wall I don't think they're going to attract a lot of people back to the game.
I haven't looked into it but people are claiming the raid symbol is involved somehow.

I haven't looked into it but people are claiming the raid symbol is involved somehow.

Who knows man... people have found all kinds of "symbols" in this game that turned out to be nothing. I see on Reddit people begging for them to update VoG so you can get updated weapons / armor... it sounds all great but that's a ton of work for very little reward. We already know how to fly through that raid, even at updated light levels it's not going to be anything really new. Even if they make small changes here and there the content is going to get consumed so quickly and within a week they'll have most people whining about wanting new content and how shitty Bungie is for just rehashing old content... again.

I'm trying to stay positive but since TTK we have kind of seen how limited the "Live Team" is in both scope and capacity. Rise of Iron was a fun update but god damn was it short. Some great quality of life changes, sure, but the content was devoured quickly, and even the raid really wasn't very intriguing. Just me being a bit soured out with Destiny I guess.... so many times they have teased something with looks amazing only for it to just be mediocre and get boringly repetitive almost immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back