Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

It looks a lot like another moments of triumph thing from year 1. Expect a huge let down when it's just an emblem for clearing all of the content the game has offered in it's lifespan.

I will say though, looking at that last image it looks an awful lot like we're having another go at the vault.

I will say though, looking at that last image it looks an awful lot like we're having another go at the vault.

banner_3.jpg

Yeah, certainly looks like Minotaur legs on the Guardian here. Feel alot like what we saw with the April update last year... so much hype about an "taken subclass" and all kinds of shit and we end up with a very terrible armor set (more Everess bullshit), and another strike ran backwards into areas we've already been 100x.

banner_3.jpg

Yeah, certainly looks like Minotaur legs on the Guardian here. Feel alot like what we saw with the April update last year... so much hype about an "taken subclass" and all kinds of shit and we end up with a very terrible armor set (more Everess bullshit), and another strike ran backwards into areas we've already been 100x.

I'll laugh so hard if that armor ends up being a random drop from an Eververse bag, right after they've said nothing from your inventory is crossing over to D2

hopefully in D2 they do away with the shity rng drops in pvp what's the use in trying to do good when it seems like coming in last gets you better shit.

I hope D2 allows players to team up with random players (who have nobody to team up with) for raids.

So I quit right after HoW, just came back recently cause I missed PvP.

Good god wtf did they do to this game??? Crucible is lame as shit -- shot package is apparently removed from the game, my sniper bounces all over the damn map from one bullet hit, auto rifles still suck (not quite as bad as in HoW but yeah), my blade dancer feels like he's got 10lb weights on his ankles, especially after I jump, arc blade seems like it auto aims at walls..on the plus side though I hardly ever lose a gunfight anymore. I hardly ever win one either, most gun fights seem like we shoot each other for a bit until whoever's losing just runs away until they recover their health. The whole reason I came back was I missed the run and gun lifestyle but it seems like got rid of that playstyle. Basically crucible just seems super slow from how I remembered it.

PvE is also worse..no elemental primaries except an arc auto rifle, and I can't reroll weapons anymore or upgrade my old stuff that's at light level 170? I can only choose 1 faction per week?

I mean was there something weird that went down since HoW? They literally butchered this game, I don't get it.

So I quit right after HoW, just came back recently cause I missed PvP.

Good god wtf did they do to this game??? Crucible is lame as shit -- shot package is apparently removed from the game, my sniper bounces all over the damn map from one bullet hit, auto rifles still suck (not quite as bad as in HoW but yeah), my blade dancer feels like he's got 10lb weights on his ankles, especially after I jump, arc blade seems like it auto aims at walls..on the plus side though I hardly ever lose a gunfight anymore. I hardly ever win one either, most gun fights seem like we shoot each other for a bit until whoever's losing just runs away until they recover their health. The whole reason I came back was I missed the run and gun lifestyle but it seems like got rid of that playstyle. Basically crucible just seems super slow from how I remembered it.

PvE is also worse..no elemental primaries except an arc auto rifle, and I can't reroll weapons anymore or upgrade my old stuff that's at light level 170? I can only choose 1 faction per week?

I mean was there something weird that went down since HoW? They literally butchered this game, I don't get it.

19e2en1mflkshjpg.jpg

You, sir, makey no sensey.

gunfight imo = 1 v 1 battle. Those hardly ever end in a kill anymore, seems like one of us just runs away when health gets low.

2 v 1 = virtually impossible to win even if you got the drop on them. I don't consider 2 v 1 a gunfight, it's more like a death sentence unless you can run away in time.

Wow, that stream was fucking PAINFUL to watch.... the information could have been put out in 10 minutes but it took them FOREVER to get to the meat and potatoes. Most of this stream is them going page by page in the new record book and SLOWLY talking about each of the achievements. Just brutal.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/223059968?sort=0&page=0
March 28
Last live event
13 page record book
You do not have to complete record book for all rewards
Less than half way done with book if you've played since Vanilla Destiny
Lots of emblems
All raids are 390
Challenge mode in all raids
No light level raise
Year 3 Mythoclast & Elemental Primaries
Receive discount on shirt when hitting Book Rank 7 (more info?)
Weekly Raid Challenges
Rewards Raid gear/ornament
Atheon is the hardest challenge created (dev opinion not fact)
New & unique raid rewards
New Vault of glass gear & two new ornament slots
Rewards are "generous as heck"
First week is Crotas End
VoG
Kings Fall
Wrath
More mayhem in Nightfall
No new VoG chest LOL
Crotas End has some changes/fixes
Raid bosses work with 3oC
Players are left to figure out all of the raid changes
Every raid has new armor ornaments. Described as looking "spectacular"
Weekly Ritual stream next week
Gear Stream the week after next

More clarification on Elemental Primaries: Deej said that they would talk about how Elemental Primaries will affect the Sandbox two weeks from now. Basically confirmed right?

No news on Vault Space but there's still two more streams left.

So another shot at the old raids. It should be interesting for the people that never ran the Vault or Crota due to it being pointless for them.

gunfight imo = 1 v 1 battle. Those hardly ever end in a kill anymore, seems like one of us just runs away when health gets low.

2 v 1 = virtually impossible to win even if you got the drop on them. I don't consider 2 v 1 a gunfight, it's more like a death sentence unless you can run away in time.
Well knowing when you're going to, or already have, lost a gun fight and knowing to pull back is a pretty important thing for this game, in 3's at least. A lot of engagements do come down to team shots, which I feel has always been the case, especially since all the primary nerfs that have happened since you played before.

So another shot at the old raids. It should be interesting for the people that never ran the Vault or Crota due to it being pointless for them.

Well knowing when you're going to, or already have, lost a gun fight and knowing to pull back is a pretty important thing for this game, in 3's at least. A lot of engagements do come down to team shots, which I feel has always been the case, especially since all the primary nerfs that have happened since you played before.
only thing that matters is shade step around corners and into door ways

so are all raids gonna get elemental primaries or just Crota's End

only thing that matters is shade step around corners and into door ways
If you're playing Nightstalker you lead with your smoke or nade. Never get into a gunfight without a wombo available, it's part of the Nightstalker code.

If you're playing Nightstalker you lead with your smoke or nade. Never get into a gunfight without a wombo available, it's part of the Nightstalker code.
I'm always a gunslinger I just hate shooting those fuckers thinking I'm about to get a kill then they flip out of the way.

So basically at this time there's zero point to playing the game other than filling out the book and hoping it's reward somehow carries on to D2?

So basically at this time there's zero point to playing the game other than filling out the book and hoping it's reward somehow carries on to D2?
Pretty much. Unless you want some armor from the raids that won't transfer to D2. I would like a 400 Fatebringer though, maybe a Word of Crota as well.

Well, I mean, there is this thing called "fun." ; )

I don't play 3s, way too slow paced for my liking. I got to the lighthouse a couple times after they intoduced trials (thank you Thorn, R.I.P.) and then bounced from 3s

I ran shotties and last word on most maps in HoW, never ran with a group, and could easily get 20+ kills. Now I only get that if I stay with the group which is just slow and boring imo.

I mean if that's your playstyle, cool but it's not mine which is why I was venting my disappointment. Gotta say Mayhem is pretty sweet though.

Last edited:
Back