Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Played for the first time in over a month... knocked out a nightfall and it was OK. Looks like most of my old raid team are trickling back after the reveal today, so maybe I'll be spending more time playing here in the near future. Destiny is a fun game, but I'm pretty dubious about how much longer this new Age of Triumph can extend the life of Destiny.

Well, I mean, there is this thing called "fun." ; )
grumpy-cat-definitely-did-not-make-100-million.jpg

I'll probably finish the book, and I am curious as to what the Atheon challenge is. With all of the random occurrences it seems like it has to be something to do with how you use the relic... unless they add a new mechanic

I hope they make doing the bridge in Crota legit the challenge mode. So many people won't know what the fuck they're supposed to do.

I'll probably finish the book, and I am curious as to what the Atheon challenge is. With all of the random occurrences it seems like it has to be something to do with how you use the relic... unless they add a new mechanic

I don't think they're adding new mechanics outside of shrinking the amount of time you have to deal with the oracles in the Templar's area. I agree that it's likely something to do with the relic... maybe every single guardian has to run the relic, though not sure if there's enough time for 6 DPS phases before he goes into Enrage mode. Also lots of talk about having to use the relic to shoot him, just like you do with the Templar, rather than popping up the cleansing bubble.

Who knows but I have to say I'm kind of intrigued... also lots of people talking about the Crota challenge. Same ideas seem to be floating around that every DPS phase with the sword needs to be from a different guardian. Others have said that maybe you have to DPS Crota at each area, rather than just at center. That one would be awesome as it would really change the dynamic of the fight and the known strategies.

I don't think they're adding new mechanics outside of shrinking the amount of time you have to deal with the oracles in the Templar's area. I agree that it's likely something to do with the relic... maybe every single guardian has to run the relic, though not sure if there's enough time for 6 DPS phases before he goes into Enrage mode. Also lots of talk about having to use the relic to shoot him, just like you do with the Templar, rather than popping up the cleansing bubble.

Who knows but I have to say I'm kind of intrigued... also lots of people talking about the Crota challenge. Same ideas seem to be floating around that every DPS phase with the sword needs to be from a different guardian. Others have said that maybe you have to DPS Crota at each area, rather than just at center. That one would be awesome as it would really change the dynamic of the fight and the known strategies.
Oh god, I'll hate both of those challenges if they actually happen. I ran Oracle and Sword constantly back when those raids were relevant.

Oh god, I'll hate both of those challenges if they actually happen. I ran Oracle and Sword constantly back when those raids were relevant.

I am obviously just spit balling, but I think Bungie wants every member of the raid team to have to do more than just DPS with challenge modes. The Aksis challenge mode (fucking hated it) really showed that they wanted every single member of your fireteam to be 100% on the ball... no sandbagging it for anybody. I think it also forces everybody to get more involved with the raid which isn't a bad thing in the long run, but it's going to have some growing pains. I remember the first time I ran sword on Crota and my heart was racing... 5 other guys hoping I don't fuck it up, lots of pressure, but I seriously had an enormous adrenaline dump... and it was amazing! Beat the hell out of just sitting back and shooting a few Gjally shots.

I'll tell you what, the Aksis challenge would have been a bitch had I not done it day 1 when all of the non-shitlord players were doing the same thing. I highly advise everyone do the new challenges as soon as they release to avoid getting stuck behind that. I don't know if people still do the Aksis challenge but the general consensus in my group after that first time was "never again."

The bridge without cheese will be hilarious, there are so many stinkweasels incapable of spamming R2 while running forward

I'll tell you what, the Aksis challenge would have been a bitch had I not done it day 1 when all of the non-shitlord players were doing the same thing. I highly advise everyone do the new challenges as soon as they release to avoid getting stuck behind that. I don't know if people still do the Aksis challenge but the general consensus in my group after that first time was "never again."
From what I gather, mind you I have ran that raid the all of two times(once on normal and once on hard.), people came to a consensus that similar to the Oryx challenge that the most efficient method to doing that encounter is actually the way the challenge forces you.
The bridge without cheese will be hilarious, there are so many stinkweasels incapable of spamming R2 while running forward
There are going to be so many people that say shit like "usually I just died and the other people solo'd it and not have fuckin' clue how to actually do it. If they make it so the same person can't run sword in the challenge I'll probably never do it. Back when Crota was viable I had a group and 3 of us were really good sword bearers but none of them play anymore.

From what I gather, mind you I have ran that raid the all of two times(once on normal and once on hard.), people came to a consensus that similar to the Oryx challenge that the most efficient method to doing that encounter is actually the way the challenge forces you.
There are going to be so many people that say shit like "usually I just died and the other people solo'd it and not have fuckin' clue how to actually do it. If they make it so the same person can't run sword in the challenge I'll probably never do it. Back when Crota was viable I had a group and 3 of us were really good sword bearers but none of them play anymore.

Ummm.... challenge mode on Aksis is an absolute nightmare and it really doesn't benefit the players very much at all. You have an exceptionally small window to discharge after Aksis teleports before you slam Aksis and then DPS him. When you discharge everybody gets their supers fully charged, but it really isn't much of a help at all in the grand scheme of things. We usually killed him with 3 overall DPS phases as long as we never missed a slam and that was without doing the discharge for supers. I don't think my group would have been able to get it down to 2 DPS phases no matter how hard we tried because we were always carrying an old guy who was a pain in the ass. He refused to do the questline for the Dark Drinker, so his idea was to use Bad Juju at Aksis rather than something which would actually help the rest of us with DPS... frustrating beyond all belief, but he was funny, so the other guys always wanted to keep him around.

I hope they make doing the bridge in Crota legit the challenge mode. So many people won't know what the fuck they're supposed to do.
you mean using the sword to jump across isn't legit?

I would be genuinely shocked if people are actually using the Aksis challenge mode as the standard strat to kill him. The only way I can see it being worth the headache is if your group is 6 gunslingers with nighthawks.

I would be genuinely shocked if people are actually using the Aksis challenge mode as the standard strat to kill him. The only way I can see it being worth the headache is if your group is 6 gunslingers with nighthawks.

Agreed. While doing a discharge if you have the opportunity certainly isn't a bad thing, it's really not a game changer like the Oryx challenge strat was.

I was doing trials tonight with a couple friends, neither of them are that good(I'd say probably a 1.0 and around a .6 k/d), matched against a streamer running in a group of people with around 1.5 k/ds. The steamer went 2-9 and felt the need to bag. Rofl. The community left in this game is 'lulz' worthy.

Strangely enough, shortly after I posted that previous post I saw one of the best things I've seen in this game. I follow a couple people on Twitch that do trials carries and one of them was running a 'secret virgin' run, where the go to the reef and find someone there that has never been flawless and they get them to the lighthouse without telling the person they're a streamer. Well this time they got a young kid who had been trying to get flawless for quite a while and his reaction when they got him there was amazing. The kid could barely talk he was so excited and it sounded like he may have been crying.

So there are still some people left in this game that aren't fuck stains.

I was doing trials tonight with a couple friends, neither of them are that good(I'd say probably a 1.0 and around a .6 k/d), matched against a streamer running in a group of people with around 1.5 k/ds. The steamer went 2-9 and felt the need to bag. Rofl. The community left in this game is 'lulz' worthy.
tbag? There seems to be alot of ppl during the IB that do this just to get ppl to get pissed and quit. It's worked on me specially when it's some laggy douche on a full fire team I send them a msg and they either act like a total douche or say sorry most often then not they tell me to get fucked.

I didn't catch the stream today, but this is copied from a post over at Bungie.net forums about the stream.

" Necrochasm confirmed to be returning, new Ornament seen in "Treasure of Ages" Silver Package. - Ninja Nirvana

> New Ornament for Suros, Dragon's Breath, Touch of Malice, Vex Mythoclast and NLB.

• No more Vault Space. ()

• Age of Triumph will begin with talking to the Speaker to start a quest. (lol no shit)

• New "Weekly Story Playlist"
> This is a quest that will take you through all of the content they've created thus far.

• New Silver Crate "Treasure of Ages" that gives all prior Silver-exclusive gear sets, emblems and emotes inside of it. In addition, some extra ornaments were seen and 2 ships if I'm not mistaken. New suit of Age of Triumph armor with 3 new shaders seen as well.

• ALL ornaments and MANY other things added to the Silver Dust kiosk, as to prevent repetitive rewards. SRL Sparrows and Shaders. Masks, Emotes and Lenses.

• Shaxx now offers two Weekly Crucible bounties and a purchaseable "Crucible Engram"

• Challenge of Elders has been confirmed as a returning activity, Skolas has not.

• Nightfalls now have the "Daybreak" modifier, taking in all of the "Epic" modifiers, while increasing all recharging abilities.

• "Daybreak" has been confirmed to be essentially Mayhem for PvE.

• Heroics now give (1) Treasure of Ages instead of the current Box thing.

• Weekly Story Playlist is a new playlist that involves all the story missions in Destiny, remarkably similar to the short-lived Queen's Wrath event very early in Destiny.

• You can now get upwards of 3 Free Silver Crates a week from the activities in the left hand corner.

• We got to see a Daybreak version of the Sunless Cell strike. They did indeed hipfire a Pulse Rifle multiple times.

• Daybreak Strikes seem to be relatively simple, just a Mayhem version of the current Strikes with a little bit more difficult enemies.

• Rainbow Burn has returned!

• Through the month of August, it will be all Daybreak Nightfalls.

• The Blue satisfaction Flame from Nightfall Completion has returned!

• Twilight Garrison may or may not be affected by Shaders now.

• ENGRAMS ARE NOW PURCHASEABLE WITH SILVER DUST. (Not entirely sure if they give Marks or Light Leveled gear, but FWC, Crucible and presumably all other factions have a purchasable engrams for 5 Silver Dust.)
"
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/223323787?sort=0&page=0

watched stream seem like it's just more buy this to look different bs not really thrilled about the pay for shit other then that I am glad you get the xp boost and the CoE will be relevant agian.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back