Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Translation?
The only decent hand cannon he now has is the vendor bought Palindrome, the other ones he has are now useless due to the tweaks they did. Bungo needs to go eat a dick is pretty self explanatory.

The crucible changes make 3v3 laughably bad. It's ridiculous.

Translation?
the pvp vender is selling a hand cannon with max range stats called the palindrome with range finder and rifled barrel. Before this latest patch I had been saving up alot of high rof hand cannons hoping this patch would fix the bloom and ghost bullets that had be effecting hand cannons for awhile I didn't expect them to nerf their range agian but they did and those hand cannons are shit now.

Skirmish plays slower for sure.

Trials... they made the matches shorter which is nice to get people to push but the losing of your special even if you survive the round is annoying. You have to run either Ice Breaker, sidearm, Invective if you want to keep, well regenerate in some cases, your ammo. So now your special weapon has little range so you're forced into using something long ranged as a primary and with the new damage fall off to hand cannons you have to play either very agrrssive or use a pulse/scout/ no flinch beyond. Most people in trials are going to go with the No flinch which slows the game down even further.

Last edited:
the pvp vender is selling a hand cannon with max range stats called the palindrome with range finder and rifled barrel. Before this latest patch I had been saving up alot of high rof hand cannons hoping this patch would fix the bloom and ghost bullets that had be effecting hand cannons for awhile I didn't expect them to nerf their range agian but they did and those hand cannons are shit now.

Thanks. Original post was a bit confusing to me.

So this is pretty funny :
https://destinytrialsreport.com/

qZw17eS.jpg

So it looks like almost every single shotgunner put down their shotgun and picked up a sidearm. I know this is Trials so it's not the whole PvP picture, but I thought this was interesting. At least things are changing though that's not always a good thing. I haven't played yet since the new patch but if shotgun use is down this much then I might pop back in for a few hours if IB comes back this week.

Skirmish plays slower for sure.

Trials... they made the matches shorter which is nice to get people to push but the losing of your special even if you survive the round is annoying. You have to run either Ice Breaker, sidearm, Invective if you want to keep, well regenerate in some cases, your ammo. So now your special weapon has little range so you're forced into using something long ranged as a primary and with the new damage fall off to hand cannons you have to play either very agrrssive or use a pulse/scout/ no flinch beyond. Most people in trials are going to go with the No flinch which slows the game down even further.
does the invective spawn ammo now? I tried it in pvp and it wouldn't until I pick some special ammo up maybe it was due to switching to it after the match started after having something else at the start. I really am hating the NLB I don't understand how a nightstalker can use shadestep then land what seemed like a no aim headshot inside handcannon range with it.

So this is pretty funny :
https://destinytrialsreport.com/

qZw17eS.jpg

So it looks like almost every single shotgunner put down their shotgun and picked up a sidearm. I know this is Trials so it's not the whole PvP picture, but I thought this was interesting. At least things are changing though that's not always a good thing. I haven't played yet since the new patch but if shotgun use is down this much then I might pop back in for a few hours if IB comes back this week.
yeah they are down alot it is nice seems balanced until a new meta shows up seems alot more auto rifles are starting to showup atleast in clash and control.

Are they planning on fixing the health regen perks that they fucked up?

Some, but not all apparently.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/222418147?sort=0&page=0

"
For each of the elements below we are going to keep the change, but buff the amount of health you get back (+58%)
- Hungering Blade
- Red Death
- Lifesteal
- Transfusion (we are also removing the cooldown)
- Cauterize (we are also removing the cooldown)

For all the rest, we will be reverting the change entirely
- Suros Regime
- No Backup Plans
- Ward of Dawn cast
- Apotheosis Veil
- Embrace the Void
"

I wouldn't hold my breath. The reason they nerfed Hungering Blade on Blade Dancer is because one of the devs was tired of getting killed by Blade Dancers. That's sound reason to nerf a subclass into the ground.

I have to laugh that there is even less variety in special weapons being used after the patch. Why actually use a primary when you can just use a sidearm and have a faster ttk?

I'm watching the stream and it looks like these guys don't play much crucible, lol.

This is honestly the least fun I've had in this game since it launched. I thought with the special tweaks people might actually use their primaries more but holy fuck was I wrong. I can't really blame them either, why use a gun with a .8+ ttk when you can use a Wormwood and have .6 ttk if you know how to use it, which is super fucking easy.

This is honestly the least fun I've had in this game since it launched. I thought with the special tweaks people might actually use their primaries more but holy fuck was I wrong. I can't really blame them either, why use a gun with a .8+ ttk when you can use a Wormwood and have .6 ttk if you know how to use it, which is super fucking easy.
wait for the IB next week

I wouldn't hold my breath. The reason they nerfed Hungering Blade on Blade Dancer is because one of the devs was tired of getting killed by Blade Dancers. That's sound reason to nerf a subclass into the ground.

They posted a long response to this, acknowledging they messed up and will fix it.

I can't find it, but here's a vid about it.

Back