Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Well, it's the final day of this meta and then we're on to the sidearm meta. Hope everyone has a good roll on a side arm. I'm not sure how this is going to play out, 3v3 is going to be NLB+Sidearm and 6v6 is probably going to play slow for the first bit with people camping to get special again after they die.

Well, it's the final day of this meta and then we're on to the sidearm meta. Hope everyone has a good roll on a side arm. I'm not sure how this is going to play out, 3v3 is going to be NLB+Sidearm and 6v6 is probably going to play slow for the first bit with people camping to get special again after they die.

Yep, it's unfortunate that people will do EVERYTHING it takes to avoid actually having to move around the map and use tactics and their primary weapons. Threads on Reddit about any which way possible for Bungie to alter the special ammo economy... can we please get special ammo on a primary kill, can we please keep special between matches, etc, etc. Just sad that this game has become I think in the ballpark of 80% special weapons in the crucible. It just bothers me that people would rather sit around and do nothing, while waiting for special ammo to spawn. I remember watching Deej and Cozmo during the Valentines thing last year... they were doing the Bungie Bounty and it was basically Elimination... so just about each match both teams would just sit there for 30 seconds and wait for special to spawn.

Long rant but I just can't get excited about Destiny when the community is so backwards in this aspect... I absolutely fucking hate shotguns in this game. Since special ammo is going to be rare we'll see a fuck ton of Universal Remotes... we all know people will 100% refuse to play this game if they can't have their shotguns fully ammo'd up at all times.

Okay, I have a couple of games in with the new update and my impressions so far are:
- unless you play extremely passive don't bother using a anything but a sidearm as a secondary in 6's.

-so far it seems like auto-rifles and hand cannons are king. Though, I have been destroyed by a Parthinian Shot more than a few times.

-the game plays a lot slower now, probably slower than the sniper meta. Skirmish matches are taking almost the full time limit.

-losing special after you die takes a lot of getting used to. I'm so used to having special that I instinctively switch to it when I think I need it only to have no ammo.

- holy fuck, they are actually forcing people into using sidearms in elimination. Even if you have special when the round ends you spawn with zero unless you use a sidearm.

Last edited:
why did they nerf the truth?

Yeah, what the fuck? Now it's 100% useless in PvE... what the fuck????
Damn, nerfed Ophidian Aspect too, along with QuickDraw on the Hunter. Wow... for what reason?

Overall it doesn't seem horribly bad, it will take people a while to adjust to actually having to move around the map and use their primary weapon. I'm glad I've lost interest in this game as not many of these changes (outside of the special ammo change) really seems to have a whole lot of utility in terms of fun gameplay.

Why can't bungie leave the god damn hand cannons alone I'm not a pvp player so whatever boost they got in their doesn't mean shit to me in pve with the god damn range nerf.

Why can't bungie leave the god damn hand cannons alone I'm not a pvp player so whatever boost they got in their doesn't mean shit to me in pve with the god damn range nerf.
Use one that has rifled barrel and rangefinder. Rangefinder completely negates the range nerf they just implemented.

so a vender bought palindrome so all the others I got are meh now these fucks need to go eat a dick

Wow, didn't take long, but people have discovered a new "infinite super glitch."

Big caveat here is that it requires you being able to get on / off your sparrow, so it's going to be super limited in PvP, but it could be helpful in PvE. At least fun if nothing else... I'm kind of resigned to not playing for a while, but this popped up on my YouTube's recommended videos. Enjoy!

I'm still seeing the same pulse rifles with shitty spawning and red bars.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I saw a few yellow and red bars but ppl was using slow rate of fire pulse rifles and maybe a hawksaw mostly sidearms and camping with snipers and a few hand cannons.

giphy.gif
Really, about the pulse rifles? I've played quite a few games and I haven't been killed by a clever dragon, maybe one grasp of malok. Seeing tons of handcannons.

Overall I'm happy with the changes to the crucible.

The old hrf pulses and shotgun meta was the worst I'd ever seen, and I'm glad it's gone. The subclass nerfs (mostly unintentional) were absurd, but in terms of pure weapon balancing, I'm happy.

Hand cannons, scouts, pulses, and auto rifles all have there place. We'll have to see after a week or so once people identify the new meta, but for now, this newfound diversity in crucible play is great.

Really, about the pulse rifles? I've played quite a few games and I haven't been killed by a clever dragon, maybe one grasp of malok. Seeing tons of handcannons.

Hawksaw and Clever Dragon was what I saw the most in the few games I played. My Y1 Hopscotch Pilgrim was doing some work though. Also saw Mida and either Dis-47 or 43.

I want to try out the Dreg's Promise again.

I've been using Ace of Spades(just because) a lot since the update and it's fun. The perks are still ass but it's a fun gun.

Back