Demian Maia Said it would Be An Honour to fight Nick Diaz

I'd love to see this fight, Maia would take it to Diaz on the mat but can Nick keep it standing? He got GSP tired and stuffed a few of his takedowns, Maia might get tired too and then Nick might take over?

I'd take a 5 round main event fight of this over any other possible WW fight right now, it would be awesome.

Maia takes this. Nick isnt very hard to take down, Maia has taked everyone down in WW. Nick dont have 1 punch KO power to stop him.

Ground Nick probs try to attack in ground and that makes more openings to Maia get sub. Okey mayby Nick goes full survival mode and try just avoid sub. But i think Maia got overall better ground game and he is stronger.

Maia is a beast at 170.

Maia has to take nick down to even stand a chance. I think nick would just pick him apart on the feet.

Maia has to take nick down to even stand a chance. I think nick would just pick him apart on the feet.

Nick needs to stop takedowns to even stand a chance. Maia would just destroy him on the ground.

Maia attempting to submit Diaz should be fun to watch. We'll probably see some good scrambles.

attempt? Nick Diaz would get tapped in round 1.

Unless he no shows like he did against Estima for a charity event.

Maia will destroy nick.

Lol at everybody acting like Diaz some how sucks now. Sherdog is more predictable than the weather.

there have been threads made about this match up before, and my opinion remains the same. been wanting this fight since Maia dropped to WW. i can

I wonder if Demian would submit him. You know, Diaz being as good on the bottom as he is coupled with his aggression might work against him. The guys who fend of Maia usually don't do much but defend, so in attack Diaz might open himself up.

Either way, it's a guaruentuee for a technically brilliant grappling match

Lol at everybody acting like Diaz some how sucks now. Sherdog is more predictable than the weather.

Since coming to the big leagues, his limited stand-up has been exposed by Condit and his ground game exposed by GSP

So...yeah... compared to the insane Strikeforce Diaz hype, I guess he does kinda suck :wink:

An "honor" is a little overdoing it.

Since coming to the big leagues, his limited stand-up has been exposed by Condit and his ground game exposed by GSP

So...yeah... compared to the insane Strikeforce Diaz hype, I guess he does kinda suck :wink:

Oh yeah Condit really exposed him lol. What did he land one or two clean shots between all that bicycling? :rolleyes:

And GSP didn't do shit to him, as expected... besides hold him down.

Tell you what, if this Maia fight happens, Av/Sig bet for a year, cool?

Last edited:
What's funny is even though Maia has accomplished far more (and is rightfully ranked above him) Diaz won't feel Maia is worth his time.

The Diaz fight was GSP's least dominant win since the Serra rematch.

So the WW who gave GSP his most competitive fight in 5 years sucks.

Brilliant logic.

The Diaz fight was GSP's least dominant win since the Serra rematch.

So the WW who gave GSP his most competitive fight in 5 years sucks.

Brilliant logic.

LOL, 50-45

GSP's least dominant wins were Shields and Condit, for one, those guys actually came to fight, Nick gave up after the 1st round cause he was put down and couldn't do crap :icon_cry2

Back