Demian Maia Said it would Be An Honour to fight Nick Diaz

Would love to see this fight, crazy scrambles.

I think Nick Diaz is one of the best mma grapplers but Maia is on a different level and there will be very little scrambling on Diaz's part. Maia pwned a powerful grappler in Fitch and made very short work of Sonnen.

More importantly, risk of a Maia fight far, far outweigh the rewards--Diaz will have zero interest in Maia baiting him to take this fight.

Lol at everybody acting like Diaz some how sucks now. Sherdog is more predictable than the weather.

I've been acting like he sucked before he ever came back to the UFC. While he doesn't really suck, he's done a good job of proving me right about being a loser.

Are you joking? Maia isn't a good wrestler and would never even get Nick to the ground. Nick would beat him senseless on the feet.

^Bwaaahahahaha

Maia tosses him to his back from the clinch and shows the world just how over rated Nicks guard game is.

Maia will do better than GSP against Nick.

I agree 100%, I think Maia is a terrible match up for Nick. Styles make fights, and pitting these two against one another isn't a match up I'd be putting Nick into just yet. Nick needs a few hand picked opponents. Well, from here on out, Nick is best off hand picking opponents who will be taterheaded enough to fight to Nicks strengths.

i love to see over rated Nick lose a lot like I said he would when he came back to the ufc so im all for it

He's done a great job of proving me right too.

an honor?
why do people keep glorifying Diaz? If anything Diaz is the one who should be grateful to fight Maia.

an honor?
why do people keep glorifying Diaz? If anything Diaz is the one who should be grateful to fight Maia.

At this point in the game, Diaz should just be glad to even have the option to keep fighting for the UFC. He screws up repetedly, loses to top competition, whines like a baby about it, retires constantly, and makes up excuses all the time. He should be willing to fight on the prelims if the UFC asked him to just to reward them for being patient with him and not firing his ass and sending him packing before he even got his first fight back under his belt.

an honor?

Strikeforce WW champion. Been in the business for a longtime now. I don't like the guy's attitude sometimes, but he is a great fighter

30-27 for Maia, and a bad fight for Diaz, so he will not accept.

Back