Demian Maia Said it would Be An Honour to fight Nick Diaz

I'm sure he would like to fight diaz. It's an easy high profile win for him.

Demian is awesome. I don't really have much more to add than that. I guess Maia by UD.

I don't think Diaz would unretire to fight Maia. A win against him doesn't guarentee him a title fight, and a loss just makes him look bad. That being said, I have no idea who the UFC plans on putting against Maia, nor do I have any suggestion. All the top guys are booked, and he accomplishes nothing by fighting anyone outside the top 10.

Smart move. Tough fight for most people, but Maia probably wrassles him down and subs him. Nick is good on the ground but Maia is a different kind of animal when it comes to BJJ.

Cut the shit. You're not calling him out out of honor.

Maia attempting to submit Diaz should be fun to watch. We'll probably see some good scrambles.

Maia wins by having a ground game that is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Nicks and that is superior in every way, shape, and form.

Yeah, come at me Diaz fans.

Maia vs ellenburger for the number contendership made sense if Maia wasn't injured. Horrible matchup for him though. He beats Diaz rather easily by decision. Book it!

Maia getting flicked off while manhandling Diaz on the ground would be awesome, Maia by UD but would be a fun fight

I'm still disappointed we never got Maia vs Palhares at MW.

Even though Maia is world class on the ground, Nick has never been subbed and has the far better standup. Interesting fight.

I like both guys but I'm inclined to think Nick would win. I could see him stuffing Maia's TDs and smashing him on the feet with his boxing.

Nick's advantage on the feet is greater than Maia's on the ground I think.

Damian wins fairly easily I think. Top control too much.

Easy win for Maia, but it's not going to happen. Maybe he can fight Kampmann? Though I think he's likely to be matched with Condit. I don't know who will fight Demian by August or later; though there's a good bit of time for opponents to arise between now and then.

Not gunna lie as a Diaz fan this matchup scares me way more than most other contenders out there.

Maia has the BJJ/TD skills to hold him down.

Watching Nick stuff some of GSP shots made me feel better about his TDD though. If this fight was 5 rounds I would be fine with it, still would prefer a Condit fight.

But Maia isn't a big enough name for Diaz!

But seriously, Maia would tool Diaz. He'd drag him down to the ground and turn him into a pretzel

Then Diaz would retire because it was.. unfair in some way or something

me likey lets get this shit poppin! just gotta smack diaz out of his gloomy semi-retirement

I think it's an easy win for Maia. Too bad it won't happen, Nick doesn't seem to care to fight anymore, especially against a somewhat low-profile opponent like Demian.

Back